AP advantage with school trip?

FabFive24

Mouseketeer
I hope this is the right place for this question...

We are most likely planning a family trip in summer of 2020 and there *should* be a trip with the school in Jan 2021. Is there an advantage of having an AP in this scenario? This would be our first school trip so I'm not sure what discounts might be offered as a group rate or if that would extend to our entire family.

This is a pretty simple math calculation. Look up how much it would cost to buy those tickets regularly, add in the cost of parking at the theme parks if you’re staying off-site on your family trip, and then check to see if that’s more or less than an AP.

Also, depending on the type of school trip, the cost of your ticket may be significantly different than the standard pricing. That might affect your calculation on what at point the AP breaks even.

In our school they still charge you full price for the trip. They budget as a package, we are in FL and they deal with many pass holders and can’t just charge for transportation.

I will try to find out more info on pricing with the school trip. It's still pretty far away, just trying to figure out what our budget needs to be. Thank you!

I think you would have to get with whichever part of the school plans the trip. I know there is a band trip every year for 7th and 8th graders to Orlando from our local middle school. They alternate between Disney and Universal. I also have seen the paperwork that there can be a discount if you already have a pass. However, I haven't researched it enough to find out what the discount is.
For our school, the rates quoted are only for students and parent chaperones, the school doesn't do any planning or bookings for anyone else.

Our school also only offered discounts to the kids and chaperones. Our high school kids do educational business programs so they are in classes and/or tours part of the day. I think we actually got an AP that year and went down separately.( we aren’t helicopters, just not letting her do Disney without us=extra vacation for me but she ended up really sick and we had to pick her up from the parks one day so it was good we went) I believe the kids portion was fairly inexpensive and they did fundraisers that paid a good chunk of it.

Our 8th graders go for a week in June. They get special tickets and CS meal vouchers. They do 2-3 YES programs during the trip as well. We were told by the organizers that every student had to have the special package tickets. Didn't matter if we had APs or not.

Our 8th graders go for a week in June. They get special tickets and CS meal vouchers. They do 2-3 YES programs during the trip as well. We were told by the organizers that every student had to have the special package tickets. Didn't matter if we had APs or not.
I hope they enjoy the YES program. I did these as part of my professional advanced internship in spring 2000. I know they have changed and took out the 6 hour tours. The tickets with the programs used to be cheaper than park tickets but groups figured that out and would buy the Yes tickets and not show for the tours.

I hope they enjoy the YES program. I did these as part of my professional advanced internship in spring 2000. I know they have changed and took out the 6 hour tours. The tickets with the programs used to be cheaper than park tickets but groups figured that out and would buy the Yes tickets and not show for the tours.

It's been quite a few years since I chaperoned the school trip (I work in the school system) but we always showed up for the YES part. The kids were psyched for the special access that came with a few programs (Space with the lights on, etc) and found they enjoyed all the programs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!