AoA little mermaid room or ASM?

DSNY4ever

I am going to keep hunting
I really want to stay at the Art of Animation, but we are trying to pinch our pennies. Would you stay 6 nights at AoA for $166 more, or would you save that money to use on food and stay at one of the All Stars?

My husband knows how bad I want to stay at the AoA so he said we can do it (I think my DS would love the pool!), but he really wanted to stay as cheaply as possible and the penny pincher in me sort of agrees that maybe we should just do an All Star. We are staying 5 nights on rented DVC points at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the second part of our stay so we are already doing a "splurge."

Any advice? Our son is only 2, so realistically he will think anywhere we stay is cool...it's just me who is the crazy one.

I would stay at AoA. We stayed at the LM section in September and loved the theming of the area (and the rest of the resort) and the fact it was a new resort. It is a bit of a hike to the main building/transportation area, but other than that we had a great stay! For the extra $166 I would definitely stay at AoA.

I would say stay at AoA. It is what you have been wanting to do, and is not too much more $, and you got the ok from your DH. The pools are great, the food court is great, and everything is new. You'll love it. Maybe you could pinch the pennies with food (bring your own snacks, share meals, etc...) and enjoy the new resort. AKV is great too. The good news is you are going to have a terrific trip whichever way you decide to go. pixiedust:

I had this exact dilemma last year for our Christmas trip. I had booked ASMo due to the cost, but truthfully my heart was set on AoA. I finally decided to change our reservation and was so glad I did!!! I would not have been 100% happy at ASMo and I knew that I just had to go for AoA. It was a magical trip and loved everything about AoA.

So, my advice would be to stay at AoA, since it does sound like your heart is set on that!

We had this dilemma in December. Well I knew wanted to stay in the LM rooms but didn't know if we were going to stay the night or not ( we live around 1 1/2 hours away and were going to MVMCP) ... This was about 1 month out and when the 2 week mark came... I decided on staying and sigh it was sold out! We ended up stating at the allstate and had fun... But who knows when we'll get to stay there again ...

We loved AoA!!!! Theming and pools are great!! I this k your 2 year old would just love it and the nemo pool is zero entry which is great for that age!

When are you going? The summer discounts will be out soon and ASM will be included and also the suites at AOA. LM rooms are never included in the discounts. I am having the same dilemma. I want to stay at AOA but also can't pass up getting a discounted room at another resort.

$166 is really not that big of a difference. If you have wanted AoA, I would chose AoA. Otherwise, you'll end up thinking you should have done it. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter