• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AoA and locking doors

At the age of six, unless there is something else "going on" ie you have a child who is a runner or likes to bolt, you shouldn't have to worry about them escaping.

Well said and thank you. I was just asking a question as to the the locks. I have my answer. Thank you all and moving on.

Why does it matter why the op wants to know and/or how anyone else parents their children? I know it's CRAZY that a child just wouldn't listen among any other things that could be going on, and that a parent would rather be pro-active in their planning. Good gravy. Answer the question and move along. No one should have to present every detail of their lives, their children, parenting styles, or individual concerns to get a question like this answered.

OP - I second the bells on the door, leaving a light on in the area for bathroom access, and even sleeping on the pull down if you're really worried about him unlocking the latch and leaving.

I don't understand why people are so rude. Sorry OP.
Btw, my 7 year old sleep walks and I caught him going out the locked back door one night. So, it does happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter