anz travel card

woodstockie

Earning My Ears
hey guys,

Joined up to ask a simple question today. I'm going to WDW with my girlfriend of four years next week. Just wanted to know if the ANZ Travel Cards could be used in at the resort hotels? or will i need to withdraw the money beforehand. Wanted to know if anyone else had prior experience using these cards.

Cheers!
Pete

We used an ANZ travel card last October and found it great!!!! You can use it at any place that takes Visa, which is pretty much everywhere. You can also take cash out in shops etc that allow that.

I thought it was great and I would definately not hesitate to use one again next time we travel :thumbsup2

xxx

We use the ANZ travel cards. They can be used for all purchases. The only time I know of an issue was when my friend wasn't able to use one was at Service Stations in the middle of nowhere (he did a USA Road Trip last year) where the payment was done manually - remember the old zip zip machines, that are still used for backup?

But we used ours in DL for all types of things.

thanks for the fast replies guys,

looks like im heading down the my bank now to get one done then :goodvibes

one more week! :woohoo:

We used an ANZ travel card last October and found it great!!!! You can use it at any place that takes Visa, which is pretty much everywhere. You can also take cash out in shops etc that allow that.

I thought it was great and I would definately not hesitate to use one again next time we travel :thumbsup2

xxx

Same here. We found it fabulous last October.

I used a CommBank Mastercard travelcard, same thing as the ANZ one I'm sure. I love the fact that they give you 2 cards and the withdrawal rates are much lower than the normal Mastercard.

I used a CommBank Mastercard travelcard, same thing as the ANZ one I'm sure. I love the fact that they give you 2 cards and the withdrawal rates are much lower than the normal Mastercard.

We also have a CommBank card - made the last transfer today - leaving on Saturday for New York then to WDW on the 18/4. Melby have you transferred money via BPay onto your card? The teller today was telling us that the rate is locked in as at when you opened the card - we thought it was when the BPay went through :confused3 We have only transferred money over the counter.
Sorry to change topics from original question.

Thanks PrincessInOz - we may pass each other in transit!

As long as our planes are at least 1 km apart, I'm happy to wave :wave2:

What a wonderful thought...all those thousands of people at the airport..we could be there at the same time :yay:.

We also have a CommBank card - made the last transfer today - leaving on Saturday for New York then to WDW on the 18/4. Melby have you transferred money via BPay onto your card? The teller today was telling us that the rate is locked in as at when you opened the card - we thought it was when the BPay went through :confused3 We have only transferred money over the counter.
Sorry to change topics from original question.

I will try and find out for you before Saturday when you leave. My sister in law is a CommBank branch manager, if she doesn't know, no one does. :)

As long as our planes are at least 1 km apart, I'm happy to wave :wave2:

What a wonderful thought...all those thousands of people at the airport..we could be there at the same time :yay:.

Well if my daughter has her way we will be the ones boarding a flight to Sydney with a Mickey Mouse toy larger than a small child and that may require its own seat...

I will try and find out for you before Saturday when you leave. My sister in law is a CommBank branch manager, if she doesn't know, no one does. :)
That would be fantastic, thanks Melby.

What happens if you load more money than you need for the trip and when you get home if you still have money left on the card? Are you able to take the money out of the card once you get home? or do you have to leave it for another trip?

What happens if you load more money than you need for the trip and when you get home if you still have money left on the card? Are you able to take the money out of the card once you get home? or do you have to leave it for another trip?
We went to ANZ and requested to close the card - we had to fill in some form and they told us it would take a couple of days. Annoying really. So we went out to the ATM and withdrew the remaining cash, there was only $500 or so remaining, but then we've topped up the card to use it for Amazon and the like as the effective exchange rate often works out slightly better.

You can keep the card and leave the money on it but you start having an inactivity fee after a while. Don't quote me but I think it is $10/mth after 12 months of inactivity. I think you pay a small fee (1%) whenever you load money onto it too - but it does lock in your exchange rate.
I bank with the NAB and they give me a Visa Debit Card which has no fees cause it is part of my banking package with the NAB, no exchange rate fee and no foreign ATM fee. So I save that 1% loading fee but I am at the mercy of the prevailing exchange rate. Also it is linked to my everyday savings account - not a new account. Your own bank may offer a similar deal.:thumbsup2

You can keep the card and leave the money on it but you start having an inactivity fee after a while. Don't quote me but I think it is $10/mth after 12 months of inactivity. I think you pay a small fee (1%) whenever you load money onto it too - but it does lock in your exchange rate.
I bank with the NAB and they give me a Visa Debit Card which has no fees cause it is part of my banking package with the NAB, no exchange rate fee and no foreign ATM fee. So I save that 1% loading fee but I am at the mercy of the prevailing exchange rate. Also it is linked to my everyday savings account - not a new account. Your own bank may offer a similar deal.:thumbsup2

I went to get a visa debit card recently and then when I realised that they take the money direct from my savings account that made me a little nervous if the card was lost or stolen. Same risk as a credit card I suppose but I don't know. I may look at that again. I like the idea of the ANZ travel card and locking in the exchange rate, great if it falls, not so great if it raises :rotfl: Decisions Decisions :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter