• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone with experience with tripres.com??

Steven41782

DIS Veteran
My situation: I changed jobs, and was forced to move my disney trip to Thanksgiving becuase I have accumulated no vacation days. We have a room booked through Disney at POFQ. We wanted to stay at CR, but Disney (CRO and Disneyworld.com) and Expedia have no availability. A website called TripRes.com has availability, so I jumped on it. I have a confirmation e-mail that says I have a room and everything is booked, and I called and ask the rep if she was 150% sure that I had a room at CR and she said "Yes". I'm still skeptical as to how everything else says sold out and they have rooms. She says that they buy a block of rooms and that is how they still have rooms. A quick search of the Dis for TripRes.com and I get posts that say TripRes is a Scam, etc. That's what has me a little on edge. Anyone had a good experience with TripRes.com????? Thanks guys!

Steven

YOu were lucky there was no availability at EXPEDIA. Expedia is having really bad reputation lately (search for "victimsofexpedia" in Google or Yahoo and you will find an interesting website ).
Before using TripRes "search for "tripres complaints" in google or yahoo.
I will suggest you use a "real travel agency". Check the ASTA for a travel agent in your area and then try to see how honest they are (friend or people you trust). Don't trust the BBB since they are not reliable.
Good luck.

Just bumping because I am wondering too. Looking for a room at Pop in Dec. and EVERY onsite room is sold out according to Disney and every Travelocity etc. site that I have checked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter