Anyone watching the Grammy Awards tonight?

J-Lo had to lean back so she wouldn't slice open A-Rod's jugular vein with the edge of that hat.

rs_634x1024-190210171854-634-jennifer-lopez-alex-rodriguez.cl.021019.jpg

The internet is comparing Katy Perry's dress to one of those crocheted dolls your grandmother had to hide an extra roll of toilet paper.

51805382_10155928206081630_5032033136247046144_n.jpg

She was leaning back because his suit blinded her.

She gets a lot of airplay on my radio station. And then there is Greta Van Fleet, who I would not have thought was a band of men until I saw them on SNL a few weeks ago.

I like them and the lyrics are good. Glad they won. They range from harder rock songs similar to Zeppelin with a mix of others to beautiful ballads. The second song they played on SNL is one of my favorites of their's. Would like to see them at Woodstock this year instead of people like Ariana Grande, I mean really, Woodstock?

Not sure if this was discussed but why wasn't Childish Gambino at the awards? That's pretty disrespectful.

Not sure if this was discussed but why wasn't Childish Gambino at the awards? That's pretty disrespectful.

Disrespectful by Donald Glover, or disrespectful by the Academy? If he was nominated I'm sure he was invited. It's still an invitation, not a command however. He may have had commitments elsewhere. Lack of his presence didn't prevent the ceremonies from taking place.

Disrespectful by Donald Glover, or disrespectful by the Academy? If he was nominated I'm sure he was invited. It's still an invitation, not a command however. He may have had commitments elsewhere. Lack of his presence didn't prevent the ceremonies from taking place.

Disrespectful by Glover. The people who accepted the award on his behalf didn't even know where he was.

Disrespectful by Glover. The people who accepted the award on his behalf didn't even know where he was.

Did they say that? All I heard was an acceptance on his behalf because he was not there. How do you know their script simply didn't tell them to accept on his behalf and didn't give them the information on his whereabouts?

Someone from the academy may or may not have known his whereabouts and the decision was made not to announce them.

Did they say that? All I heard was an acceptance on his behalf because he was not there. How do you know their script simply didn't tell them to accept on his behalf and didn't give him the information on his whereabouts?

Yes a few of them did say it afterward during interviews. One of them even said that he and Glover "were going to have a little chat about" and he seemed a bit perturbed that Glover wasn't there.

You're right that it's not a command to appear but considering that Glover ripped off the song from Jase Harley, the least he can do is show up and accept "his" award.

Yes a few of them did say it afterward during interviews. One of them even said that he and Glover "were going to have a little chat about" and he seemed a bit perturbed that Glover wasn't there.

You're right that it's not a command to appear but considering that Glover ripped off the song from Jase Harley, the least he can do is show up and accept "his" award.

Okay. Sounds like "a few people", Jase Harley and perhaps you think it was a command invitation. Not sure if that is meaningful to Glover or not.

Did he demand the award, or did someone else decide of their own volition to award it to him? What if he had work that required his presence elsewhere, should he abandon that obligation to meet his "obligation" to accept the Grammy in person?

There were a few performances I wanted to see...
But, again, OMG.... just endless polictially correct crap.

And, Cardi B.... the moves in that production were beyond disgusting.

If you were offended by the dancing, definitely DO NOT read the lyrics to the song she performed.

Okay. Sounds like "a few people", Jase Harley and perhaps you think it was a command invitation. Not sure if that is meaningful to Glover or not.

Did he demand the award, or did someone else decide of their own volition to award it to him? What if he had work that required his presence elsewhere, should he abandon that obligation to meet his "obligation" to accept the Grammy in person?

It's not about demanding awards. Rather odd argument. I've even said that he wasn't required to be there.

It's about respect, simple as that. 99% of all the nominees were there but I guess Glover is special.

If you were offended by the dancing, definitely DO NOT read the lyrics to the song she performed.

Since when is it accepted to normalize stripper moves to the point they're glorified on a stage like the Grammy's for a wide television audience?

Yay! Such a win for art and culture!

It's not about demanding awards. Rather odd argument. I've even said that he wasn't required to be there.

It's about respect, simple as that. 99% of all the nominees were there but I guess Glover is special.

And do you have knowledge that he didn't have obligations requiring him to be elsewhere?

Do you have knowledge that he even respects the Grammy's and cared to be nominated? Maybe he isn't interested and simply stayed quiet. Maybe he expressed that to the Academy directly.

ETA I think the Academy intended him to be highlighted as special by the award they bestowed on him.

Last edited:
Since when is it accepted to normalize stripper moves to the point they're glorified on a stage like the Grammy's for a wide television audience?

Yay! Such a win for art and culture!
Well rap music degrades women, so I guess it makes sense that a female rapper should degrade herself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!