Anyone stay at Bellagio?

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
Has anyone stayed at the Bellagio lately? How are the rooms, they look like they may be a little dated these days? Any issues with getting a non-smoking room?

I'm booked in a deluxe room, didn't splurge for the lakeview. From what I can tell, should be some sort of pool/mountain/parking lot view. Was thinking about just asking for queens and a high floor when I check in.

Also how are the restaurants at the hotel? I've eaten at the Cafe Bellagio a few times, but none of the others. Was thinking about trying Todd English's Olives. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Bellagio is a five star property and if the rooms weren't nice, they wouldn't keep their rating. I would try the $20 trick when you check in to try & get a better room.

Are you going to try Olives for lunch or dinner . . . make a reservation regardless of when you go. They have a tiny area of outdoor seating; request it when you make your reservation. Or get there when they open for lunch and ask for outside. It is a great restaurant. Have fun planning your trip!

love noodles and the buffet - wouldn't wait an hour or more in line as some do on the wekend, tho.

went to yellowtail for sushi and was underwhelmed - decent but not as good i was hoping.

We stayed there in January in a Lakeview room. I did not think the rooms looked dated at all. I really like their rooms. We've stayed there more than once and never had any trouble getting a non-smoking room. The Bellagio is my favorite place to stay because the location is great and the view from the Lakeview rooms is incredible. We ate at Prime while we were there. It was really good, but we have what I consider an absolutely fantastic steakhouse here at home, and I measure all steaks to whether they are better than our place and Prime was really good, but just not quite there, so I would probably try a different Vegas Steakhouse next time since there are so many to choose from. Most people I know that have been there absolutely love Prime. I have friends who stayed there last week that ate at Prime and Circo and they loved them both. John Phillipe Chocolates and pastries is a great place for a quick breakfast- going down there every morning is one of my favorite things about staying at the Bellagio (not my waistline's favorite though!). Never been to Olives, so can't help you there.

We love the Bellagio (see my tag and avitar pic!) Personally I would not stay in a non lake view room at the Bellagio as the fountains are part of the reason I love the place (kind of like staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge without a view of the savanna.) We did not have any problems getting a non smoking room at all. As for restaurants, Olives was very good, we liked Prime steakhouse but as a pp has said we have had better. We also really liked the thai restaurant (whose name escapes me right now), the food there was excellent. We also had lunch at Sensi one day which was also excellent.

Bellagio rooms are very nice but I've only stayed lake view.

Olives is a nice enough casual place. My favorite restuarant in Las Vegas (or anywhere else actually) is at Bellagio, that is Picasso.

Bellagio is where me and my DH stay when we go to Vegas...it's my favorite...however, on our last trip in March we were a little disappointed in our room. Nothing major just small things. We were in the Spa tower, had a view of the fountains, but we had no water pressure on one of our sinks and the other sink could not hold a steady temperature and the faucet leaked. We also had a few light bulbs out during our stay. I also mentioned to my DH that they need to update with flat screen TVs.

On that same trip we also stayed a night at the Red Rock Resort and had a spectacular room with a spectacular view. The room was huge, had a 50" flat screen TV in the bedroom and a small flat screen over the tub in the bathroom. It was awesome. On our next trip we plan on staying at Red Rock for a few nights before moving to the strip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter