Anyone share DDDP?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of sharing the deluxe plan on our next trip and wondered if anyone has experiences to share?

Everyone in a room must have the same Dining Plan, so you can't get one DxDP for two people in one room.

If you're booking multiple rooms, it's not uncommon to put DxDP on one and nothing on the other, but to access credits the people in the noDx room must always eat with the Dx room.

We share. We have 4 couples in 4 rooms and I am buying the dxddp for one room. We will use those credits to pay for 5 ts meals for all 8 of us. 1 of the meals will be shared once again.....at Sci-fi we will have each couple share a deluxe credit (appetizer, entree, dessert and drink). DH and I have shared a deluxe credit here before and it is plenty of food.

Let me know how it works for you. We have four in one room and four in another so each couple will split dddp. Sounds like plenty of food to me.

I do this. It works. Sometimes a restaurant will balk, but you can take your receipt to the resort concierge to get everything straightened out.

I am thinking about doing this. We will have 3 adults, 1 child and 1 infant. We really don't need 3 appetizers and 3 desserts at each meal.

I am thinking about doing this. We will have 3 adults, 1 child and 1 infant. We really don't need 3 appetizers and 3 desserts at each meal.

If you are all in one room, you all need to purchase the same plan. It won't work the way folks in multiple rooms described it above.

What you can do is share the credits to cover more meals if wanted or needed. In your case I think it would only be beneficial if you were checking in early on arrival day and checking out late on departure day. Other than that it is A LOT of food. I would never do it unless I could share with others not on the plan or spread, say, one nights worth of credits to cover two days of eating.

If you are all in one room, you all need to purchase the same plan. It won't work the way folks in multiple rooms described it above.
yes, but I was thinking my bf and I would share a meal at a TS then use the extra for QS when someone gets hungry. I am expecting so I tend to eat many small meals anyway. Maybe even share with my son since he is a light eater and is considered an adult on the DDP

How many nights will you get the dining plan?
Which dining plan would you get?
Are you all in one room, or would you be split into two rooms with only one getting the dining plan?

What you can do is share the credits to cover more meals if wanted or needed. In your case I think it would only be beneficial if you were checking in early on arrival day and checking out late on departure day. Other than that it is A LOT of food. I would never do it unless I could share with others not on the plan or spread, say, one nights worth of credits to cover two days of eating.
We do have early arrival and late departure plans. I keep going back and forth with sharing meals but I think it will be the best for us :)

How many nights will you get the dining plan?
Which dining plan would you get?
Are you all in one room, or would you be split into two rooms with only one getting the dining plan?
We are all in one room for 4 nights. My son is 10 so he counts as an adult. We have the Deluxe plan

Using non-Faldred-approved rough estimates, that would be about 2 credits per person per day, at about $30 per credit. Add up all your ADR meals and see if you break $1550. If you do, the Deluxe Dining Plan will be worth it.

Alternately, you could spend about $1000 and get 16 TS credits and 16 QS credits.

If you share a TS meal, how do you tip? Extra if you request extra service for the person that is not ordering a meal, but is asking for extra service?
If we get the DDP, I definitely plan on sharing a few meals - probably for QS, though. what just popped into my head is...If we were to share a TS meal, and the server was kind enough to offer addl plates, table settings, and then expected to clean up after us, we should tip more as well. If a restaurant balks at sharing a ts meal, I wonder if this is a partial reason for it. We would wind up sharing because the meals are so big, not really to save credits - although that would work out as a bonus.

If you share a TS meal, how do you tip? Extra if you request extra service for the person that is not ordering a meal, but is asking for extra service?

You could tip an additional 20% of the cost of that dish, in which case just add $5-10 to your tip.

This is a bit to confusing for me which it shouldn't be but here is my scenario; My wife and I are arriving on Dec 15'th at 11:45 at night and staying in a studio. The next morning we are shifting to a 2 Bedroom as our Children and Grandchildren will be joining us. If I were to get the Deluxe plan for the two of us on the 15'th , could 6 different people use a meal credit for the (16'th) next day? We could pay out of pocket for our 4 year old Grandson then ? Thanks for any help.

Only annual passholders can get the dining plan on 1 night reservations. (Maybe DVC members can too, but I'm not one so I don't know.) If this is you, your plan should work!

Last edited:
This is a bit to confusing for me which it shouldn't be but here is my scenario; My wife and I are arriving on Dec 15'th at 11:45 at night and staying in a studio. The next morning we are shifting to a 2 Bedroom as our Children and Grandchildren will be joining us. If I were to get the Deluxe plan for the two of us on the 15'th , could 6 different people use a meal credit for the (16'th) next day? We could pay out of pocket for our 4 year old Grandson then ? Thanks for any help.
Yes you can do that. Granted you are a long ways out but if Disney doesn't change the rules by then your scenario will work. Your refillable mugs should be good for 2 weeks and you will get 4 snacks to use between the 15th and 16th.

Yes you can do that. Granted you are a long ways out but if Disney doesn't change the rules by then your scenario will work. Your refillable mugs should be good for 2 weeks and you will get 4 snacks to use between the 15th and 16th.

Thanks for the info. We are getting the normal meal plan from Dec 19-24 while we stay at the VWL so I thought that this would be a cheaper alternative for a meal for one night. And yes we are DVC members if this makes a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter