Anyone rent from budget and use there shuttle?

Also, I got the impression from talking to the Budget office that they can't take passengers to the port until they are cleared to do so, appx. 11:00.

So for those wanting to arrive early, the shuttle may not be a good option if that's accurate information. I know one poster mentioned getting on a shuttle early after the shuttle brought arriving passengers back to Budget. I'm wondering if they no longer allow this.

This was partially due to circumstances out of anyone's control however. The ship was about 2.5 hrs late getting in to port due to a death on Castaway Cay the night prior.

Yikes - hadn't heard about that - was it a passenger or an employee?

I called Cape Canaveral Budget office to try and get a definite answer. They may be getting a lot of calls about this because the first recorded message you hear after their recorded greeting is that they provide continuous shuttle to and from PC. You then have the option to press #6 for shuttle service which just repeats the message. I tried to press #4 for customer service but got a recording that said all of our agents were busy and I was being transferred to their nationwide customer service. I did not bother to hold on since their nationwide customer service would probably not give any different answer. My plan is leave WDW SSR about 9:00 am get to PC about 10:15, drop off wife with luggage then drive to Budget and drop off car. If I have to wait awhile for a shuttle so be it if I get on one quick then all the better. Being by myself no luggage I may be able to get on one quicker.I'm told you can't get in the terminal till 11 and I think my check in is not till 11:30.So either way if I have to wait it will either be at Budget or the terminal. About the taxi. I remember reading on another thread about a guy who grabbed a taxi at Budget and the guy charged him 10 dollars for a ride back to PC, it's only 2 miles. Not sure if that is the going price or something the guy negotiated before he got in the cab.

We took a taxi from Budget to the port and I think the charge was under $15. Took about 5 min and well worth it, in my opinion. There were quite a few people waiting for the shuttle.

Does anyone have a name and # for a taxi that they have used, or are there taxis dropping people off, at Budget, that you can just get into and go to the port?

Ayeegit said:
Yikes - hadn't heard about that - was it a passenger or an employee?

A passenger, a gentleman in his 50's I believe. He had a heart attack while snorkeling. Very sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter