Anyone ready for halloween 2012 at the Fort?!?!

oh i love the inflatabe camper! so so cute - I have a friend that's invited my fam to join them. they go every year and always give out glow sticks. they go on and on about how awesome it is - and we've been dying to check it out. i was trying to decide if we should also do a dinner that night - either at hoop dee do or mickeys backyard bbq. any thoughts? i've done HDD and loved it.

oh i love the inflatabe camper! so so cute - I have a friend that's invited my fam to join them. they go every year and always give out glow sticks. they go on and on about how awesome it is - and we've been dying to check it out. i was trying to decide if we should also do a dinner that night - either at hoop dee do or mickeys backyard bbq. any thoughts? i've done HDD and loved it.

Here is a cut and paste of last year's October 31st schedule:

10/31-Monday
10:15am -Halloween Craft
11:30am -Spooky Relays
12:30pm -Ghoulish Guard Games
1:30pm -Monster Mash Dance Party
2:00pm -Monster Mash Pool Party
3:00pm -Swimmin’ Hole Jamboree
4:00pm -Spooky Goofy Bingo
5:00pm -Terrible Temporary Tattoos
6:00pm -Swimmin Hole Jamboree
6:00pm -Golf Cart Parade
7:00pm - 9:00pm -Camp-or-Treat
8:40pm -Movie “Hocus Pocus” Rated PG

I think it would depend on if you want to see the golf cart parade or not. If not, you could do an early dinner.

We will be at the Fort from October 22 2012 through November 18 2012. Excited to see Halloween and Christmas. Have bought a few decorations. Does anyone know about how much treats to bring to pass out?

That's what is great about camping...as soon as one holiday passes you can start decorating for the next. You will not be too early at all.

Thanks for the info! Now I am really excited!! BTW, love your Halloween Camper! Walmart has some great stuff!

We will be at the Fort from October 22 2012 through November 18 2012. Excited to see Halloween and Christmas. Have bought a few decorations. Does anyone know about how much treats to bring to pass out?

Last year we prepared for 300 and it seemed to work out about right. One family next to us ran out before the first hour was up. One thing to realize is there will be plenty of candy for the children so you don't have to give out a handful to each child. You can always limit it to 1 or 2 pieces per child. Some of the trick-or-treaters seemed surprised when we were letting them take more. We actually had some parents trying to give us candy because the children had so much!

AuntBJ, what loop were you in for Halloween last year? I'm not sure what to do about candy this year. Last year, in the 1400 loop, we only gave about half as much as the year before, in the 800 loop. Of course, last year they clamped down on outsiders I think. I'm not sure if that's the reason for giving out less, or because we were over in the 1400. Anyway, we ended up with bags left over, that we had to donate. :confused3

AuntBJ, what loop were you in for Halloween last year? I'm not sure what to do about candy this year. Last year, in the 1400 loop, we only gave about half as much as the year before, in the 800 loop. Of course, last year they clamped down on outsiders I think. I'm not sure if that's the reason for giving out less, or because we were over in the 1400. Anyway, we ended up with bags left over, that we had to donate. :confused3

We were in loop 700. It was our first year, but based upon what I had read here, you are right about the crowd being lower. Although there were some obvious locals, it seemed like the crackdown must have worked somewhat. Near the end, I was putting double handfuls of candy in bags.

At home, a big Halloween is 15 trick-or-treaters so it was still amazing to us.

Thanks. At home we do not have any Trick or Treaters, so we go to our grandchildren's to pass out candy and enjoy the Trick or Treaters. We are really looking forward to the golf cart parade and all the Trick or Treaters. Last years halloween golf cart parade on you tube looked fun!

Just got back from a Walgreens run. I was able to pick up several Disney Halloween items. They had a Mickey head jack-o-lantern along with a double Minnie/Mickey one($12.99 each). They had some Mickey yard stakes for $2 each. Also some hanging glittery flat decorations. They also had some peel & stick wall decorations (2/$5) I hope I can make work somewhere, probably the windows.

They also had some very reasonably priced little pads of activity & coloring books. Also little books of stickers & tattoos. They had little light up cups for the younger set & Mickey bubble necklaces.

I think it does depend which loop you're in... We were in the 200 loop and had almost 500 trick or treaters... Loved it!!! I only handed out 1-2 per child until near the end (or if they were super polite)... I have to admit the majority of the t or tr's were AMAZINGLY polite and thankful.... Made me smile:)

I think it does depend which loop you're in... We were in the 200 loop and had almost 500 trick or treaters... Loved it!!! I only handed out 1-2 per child until near the end (or if they were super polite)... I have to admit the majority of the t or tr's were AMAZINGLY polite and thankful.... Made me smile:)

I think you are right. I'm guessing 100, 200, 300 and 700, 800, 900 are the busiest for ToT. Anyone agree or have other thoughts? :coffee:

And I agree about the kids, too!

I agree about the well behaved children. They were all adorable.

I think some parents mentioned some loops being so crowded and the golf carts being so backed up, they just went to other loops.

We will be in a premium site but I have not listed any special requests yet. Any suggestions?

Hi Everyone! :wave2:

I posted a question on the restaurant board asking about Trails End and ended up getting so many great comments on both the restaurant and the fun activities at FW that I decided to come on over to this board and look around.

We are not staying at FW but can we walk around and look at the Halloween decorations when we stop at TE for dinner? My teens would love to see the mini train and blow ups. We would not come for the trick or treating and Halloween activities for campers, just would like to know if non-campers are allowed to wander around and look.

Thanks for the link. Great blog! I am really excited to stop by and see all the decorations! I love Halloween!

Everyone is welcome to walk around and enjoy the decor.

Read all about it in a blog I wrote last year for AllEars.net http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestblog/2011/10/halloween_howls_at_fort_wilder.html

Are you coming to the Fort this Halloween CDNCruiser? You gave such rave reviews that you convinced us fellow Doverites to go for the first time last Halloween but you weren't there :guilty:... lol
We loved it sooooo much, we are coming back again this year and bringing our :firefight friends!!

Hi Everyone! :wave2:

I posted a question on the restaurant board asking about Trails End and ended up getting so many great comments on both the restaurant and the fun activities at FW that I decided to come on over to this board and look around.

We are not staying at FW but can we walk around and look at the Halloween decorations when we stop at TE for dinner? My teens would love to see the mini train and blow ups. We would not come for the trick or treating and Halloween activities for campers, just would like to know if non-campers are allowed to wander around and look.

Of course! You might even want to try and catch the wagon ride if it is not full. If we are at our site and it is not during the trick or treating, I would be glad to take you for a little looping on the golf cart to check out the decorations.

Are you coming to the Fort this Halloween CDNCruiser? You gave such rave reviews that you convinced us fellow Doverites to go for the first time last Halloween but you weren't there :guilty:... lol

We loved it sooooo much, we are coming back again this year and bringing our :firefight friends!!

We went for the Christmas decorations last year - look for an upcoming blog on AllEars.

But yes, we'll be there for Halloween this year! Oct 22nd to Nov 5th. We hope to get the 700 loop.

See you there!

Hopefully the Schedule comes out soon!!! I can hardly wait!!

We went for the Christmas decorations last year - look for an upcoming blog on AllEars.

But yes, we'll be there for Halloween this year! Oct 22nd to Nov 5th. We hope to get the 700 loop.

See you there!

We arrive the 21st and leave Nov 3rd. Great minds think alike!! lol We are assuming we'll be in loop 100 or 200...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter