• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone know of any Knoebel's discounts?

We visit Ashland for the Coal Mine tour. This year we're also going to visit Centralia to take some photos.

Hi T. Lynn
THe Ashland coal mne tour is great and train ride. We drove over to Centralia afterwards and did not find anythng but leveled land and handfull of homes. Did not take any pictures.

Another nice place to visit above Hazleton is Eckley were the MOlly McGuires was filmed. Not much to do you can't enter most homes if any. Some people still live there, but the preserved historical idea and museum is great and a nice shop there.
Another nice area is Steam town trolly and train escurtions in Scranton PA. The trolly ride is $5 as last trip. Go to the web site to check it out. Nearby also is another coal mine trip longer then the Ashland one with a huge museum next door.

I think it is a great day out for the kids for the coal mine museum after a trolly ride.
Google Steamtown, Scranton PA for good info and rates.
There is an escursion this coming month that goes towards carbondale and they stop for a picnic lunch. A Pizza shop is across the street and we call and order pies and spread a blanket. No tables.

They stop and visit the old fire areas along with lecture on the histury of insustry in Scranton and the coal barons of the day.
My children love the historical trips.
di

PS anyone remember San Souci park, Rocky Glen and Angela Park all in Wilkes Barre, Scranton and Hazleton area? IF you are in this area about the last week of Sept the Bloomsburg fair is great fun too. One day is ride all the attractions with a pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter