Anyone have an educated guess on the Avengers...

CruisingTide

Earning My Ears
We are thrilled about our Fantasy cruise coming up in 16 days. I couldn't help but notice "The Avengers" is coming out right during the middle of our cruise (May 3). Anyone have a guess as to whether or not they will debut it on the Fantasy??? My son...ok...not just my son... REALLY wants to see this on our cruise. Is there a way to find out? We were on board when Pirates 4 came out and it was a huge, exciting event on the ship. This would add some Pixie dust!

My husband is a huge comic book fan and on our cruise last week he asked this exact question....the answer was...YES! They will show avengers when it comes out. Now this was on the Wonder but I assume it would also be on the Fantasy. :)

I think I'm on the same cruise as you OP, but my countdown says 17 days...

Anyway, I rarely think about seeing movies on the ship, after all that's something I can do easily enough on land so why waste cruise time? However, I might consider seeing this one as it looks fun, but I wouldn't want to pay to see it in the theaters.

Wonder if they'll do a midnight showing?

We don't sail till August so DS and I are hoping for some great movie options. Certainly Avengers, possibly Spiderman, and maybe John Carter may be lingering about ?

I haven't tried this, but found this on the Mousesaver's cruise tip page:
"If you're curious to know what movies will be shown on your sailing before you get on the ship, call (888) 325-2500 about two weeks before your cruise."

I haven't tried this, but found this on the Mousesaver's cruise tip page:
"If you're curious to know what movies will be shown on your sailing before you get on the ship, call (888) 325-2500 about two weeks before your cruise."

This info is also in our DCL FAQ thread at the top of the page (has been for years).

Was Thor shown onboard?..if so then most likely Avengers will be....I know a lot has to do with who is distributing the film.

WDW is skinning the outside of one of the monorails with Avenger pics.

http://www.google.com/search?q=disn...CJLON0QGn0PnvBw&ved=0CE8QsAQ&biw=1492&bih=867

MJ
MJ

I'm actually a little SAD that my Fantasy cruise is right before Avengers comes out...I'll have to pay to see it in the theater instead!!!! Chimpanzee comes out the day before I board, so I'm sure we'll see that. And the preview I saw this weekend it actually looks like another beautiful film from Disneynature. But not the same as seeing AVENGERS on board!

My husband is a huge comic book fan and on our cruise last week he asked this exact question....the answer was...YES! They will show avengers when it comes out. Now this was on the Wonder but I assume it would also be on the Fantasy. :)

Thanks! That's great to hear. It wouldn't have done a thing to diminish an outstanding trip, but my son will be extra jazzed.

I think I'm on the same cruise as you OP, but my countdown says 17 days...

Anyway, I rarely think about seeing movies on the ship, after all that's something I can do easily enough on land so why waste cruise time? However, I might consider seeing this one as it looks fun, but I wouldn't want to pay to see it in the theaters.

Wonder if they'll do a midnight showing?

If it is a midnight showing, my 14 year old son and I will be there.

Seeing Avengers onboard is something have been REALLY excited about my DS and I love Marvel comic movies and I was geeked when I realized that the release date corresponded with our cruise date! It releases the Friday prior to us setting sail on Sunday!! :cool1:

This info is also in our DCL FAQ thread at the top of the page (has been for years).

Was Thor shown onboard?..if so then most likely Avengers will be....I know a lot has to do with who is distributing the film.

http://www.google.com/search?q=disn...CJLON0QGn0PnvBw&ved=0CE8QsAQ&biw=1492&bih=867

MJ
MJ

Thor was released by Paramount Pictures. The Avengers was also going to be released by Paramount. Disney paid Paramount to be able to release the Avengers domestically.

Disney also now OWNS Marvel (in case people are wondering), hence why Marvel characters/movies could easily be shown on the ship, even if they are released by Paramount studios.

Studio gets permission from owner to film movie.
Studio makes movie.
Studio makes deal with distributor to distribute movie.

(Given that Disney is the 'owner', while it yes, it is possible for the studio to make a different contract with a non-Disney distributor... given that two of the three companies in question are Disney, I doubt that there wouldn't be a clause or two.)

So, Disney gives permission to Marvel studios to film movie.
Marvel makes movie.
Marvel makes deal with distributor (Walt Disney Pictures) to distribute movie?

With Thor, it was before the Disney merger with Marvel.

However, considering Disney made a deal with Paramount pictures for the Avengers and Iron Man 3, it is possible that the distribution included previous Marvel Studios movies, given that the studios are a subset of Disney now.

But yes, you are correct, that technically it can happen that the distributor wouldn't necessarily have to follow what Disney (the owner) said since their interactions are with the studio making the film and not with the direct owner. But again, I don't see Disney allowing that without keeping it in the family so to speak?

MJ
MJ

With all the entertainment options, it shouldn't matter, but my family gets excited about seeing recent releases in a way that almost feels like a private showing. Just one more "special" Disney moment.

I'm actually a little SAD that my Fantasy cruise is right before Avengers comes out...I'll have to pay to see it in the theater instead!!!! Chimpanzee comes out the day before I board, so I'm sure we'll see that. And the preview I saw this weekend it actually looks like another beautiful film from Disneynature. But not the same as seeing AVENGERS on board!

I have the same thing for our Fantasy cruise in June. We will be on the cruise the week BEFORE Brave comes out. It would have been fun to see Brave on the ship, but we didn't want the itinerary that week...

Still, I didn't even think about Avengers. It will be great to see that film!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter