Anyone get rate reduced for ASMo because of pool closure?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life said:
Then how come a few years ago when my family & I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge we did not get a discount since the pool was being renovated, so I guess that is an integral part? However we did not get a discount. Besides guests pay a lot more for Deluxe Resorts, then Value Resorts so tell me who there should get a discount on rooms if the pool is to be closed for renovation?

Why are you making it into a competition between deluxe resort guests and value resort guests? Why is that even an issue? The fact is, the main pool at ASMO will be closed while many of us are there. It's disappointing to us, whether you agree or not. A pool is important to me and to many others because we like swimming and our kids like swimming.

Our levels of disappointment are not dependant upon how deluxe resort guests are treated, we're just disappointed, that's all. When guests book a resort, be it a value resort or a deluxe resort or an offsite resort, they have certain expectations, one of those expectations for many of us was to be able to swim in the Fantasia pool. I, and no-one else, should not have to guage the situation by how deluxe resorts handle things. Every refurbishment issue is a separate one. By all means, if you had issues at Wilderness Lodge, feel free to complain or ask for a discount or just vent or indeed state that it was no problem whatsoever, that's up to you. But your reaction to that has absolutely nothing to do with our reactions to the ASMO pool closure.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life said:
Then how come a few years ago when my family & I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge we did not get a discount since the pool was being renovated, so I guess that is an integral part? However we did not get a discount. Besides guests pay a lot more for Deluxe Resorts, then Value Resorts so tell me who there should get a discount on rooms if the pool is to be closed for renovation?

I don't really think we are talking about "discounts" for everyone staying at the resort. I think it would be only for those that are paying for a preferred room. ASMos are now mostly preferred buildings. There seems to be a big difference between value and deluxe preferred rooms. There is really no spectacular views that you will get at a value by paying for a preferred room. It is basically closer to the pool and the food court, that's it.
Disney just made 6 out of the 10 buildings "preferred" this past May. Maybe during the rehab they should go back to the preferred policy that was in effect prior to May and only charge a preferred rate for the 2 Fantasia buildings.

I am sorry if I said anything wrong before. Also my family & I have ever stayed at any of the All Star Resorts, so I had no idea about their prefered rooms. I just thought since All Star guests can use other pools in the Resort it would not be so bad & I had no idea they were that far apart. The reason I brought up the difference between Value & Deluxe Resorts is because since guests at a Value Resort pay so much less, WDW would not think of giving a discount, where as guests at Deluxe Resorts pay a lot more & they would not want to have them being made at the Cast Members. So it may seem like puting Value - Deluxe, but I was just trying to compare them as best as I could.

We are booked at Movies 9/29-10/6...free dining. I have the heads up about the pool, but still am torn about what to do.

I mean, we may swim a couple of times, so it would be dissapointing to walk over to music. BUT I have never stayed at Movies, & wanted the themeing of Toy Story!

We have swam almost everyday this summer, so right now its not seeming like such a big deal.

I do wonder though...will it be an "eye sore"...will it be drained of water & ugly looking...

Brooknwdw said:
We are booked at Movies 9/29-10/6...free dining. I have the heads up about the pool, but still am torn about what to do.

Same here. 9/27-10/3 - Not sure what to do. We have never stayed at ASmu, so maybe we will try to switch there. However, will that resort now be packed with so many people switching?

I too would be disappointed to find out that the main pool at my Disney resort was being rehabbed. We are staying at the Contemporary next spring and i asked the CM yesterday if there was any chance they would be doing construction on that pool. She said "oh probably". Seeing that there are only two basic pools at the CR, it would be a major inconvenience not to have a pool available there. I definitely want to be able to swim at my resort, but I have found that sometimes we've been busier at the parks and the pools haven't mattered as much once we've gotten to Disney as they did in my trip planning. Also, I've noticed with my kids that as long as there is a hole in the ground with water in it they're going to have a good time. Hopefully people who don't want the inconvenience at ASMo will have a chance to change to a different value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter