Anyone find an "easy" way to get toned up?

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by Queen of the WDW Scene, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Queen of the WDW Scene

Queen of the WDW Scene DIS Veteran

I've lost 53lbs and ultimately I'd love to lose anywhere from 5-17 more.
    My arms, tummy, and thighs are still wiggly and jiggly.

Its been hard to find something that I can do because I have narrowing of disc space in my neck, a slight rotator cuff tear, and bursitis in my knees and under normal circumstances none impact my daily exercise routine (walking) but when I start doing strength training they all flare up. (sit ups strain my neck, push ups/plank hurts my shoulder, squats/lunges bother my knees).

I'm looking for something that is easy on my body but effective.
    I knows that's probably asking for too much lol.
    But does anyone have any suggestions?

2. dosekies

dosekies Mouseketeer

Unfortunately I think the best thing to help you would be strength training, which sounds like would be hard for you. Hopefully you find something, but congrats on your progress so far! That is great!!

3. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

Congratulations on your weight loss! I think with your health issues, it might be worth it to start really slow on strength training. I think a Physical Therapist might be the best starting point. A professional would be able to show you how to modify certain exercises and help you slowly build muscle to support movements and then you can move on a bit maybe.

Also, some of the extra wiggle will change over time. I once read that the skin needs at least a year to follow the lost weight. So, if your weight loss was rather recent, you should still be able to see some improvement.

4. quandrea

quandrea DIS Veteran

I'd join a gym and meet with a trainer for a few months. I wanted to gain strength and did this very thing through the summer. I have a bad knee due to being hit by a car thirty years ago. He worked within my limitations and we also worked on strengthening the knee. It was money well spent. I'm on my own now.

5. ohMom

ohMom Kids Get Arthritis Too! Moderator

WTG! on your loss and healthier lifestyle!!

I agree with meeting with a PT or trainer to get started. but wanted to add that I find using a BOSU or stability ball for strength training helps take the shock off my trouble joints