Anyone Ever Tote Their Own Luggage on WDW Transport For a resort Switch??

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
Since it's just the two of us with 2 wheeled airline bags each, I'm considering just doing the AllStar to Dolphin switch ourselves in Jan. Of course, if we have a rental car it's a non-issue, but if not I think we'll just hop the early WDW bus to MGM and stroll down the canal path to Dolphin or go to MK and catch a ride to the hotel. Sound like a plan?

Bill From PA

That's an intresting savings idea. But it might be easier if: Think I would use the AK as your hub being that All star's are closer to it. and they have a very easy bus area. ;) Get off the AS bus, and get in line for the Dolphin bus. There is 2 lines for the buses so the walk is not very far if its on the other side. And they will let you out right at the door of the dolphin.

But, think I would just spend the $5.00 and take a cab. Worth the time savings. :hyper:

MKY princess:

mkymouse4ever,

$5 plus tip sounds pretty good to me. I just assumed it would be much more than that. Thanks!

Bill From PA

no its not far at all whole thing should take less than 10 minutes tops. Or at least the way I drive. ;)

MKY princess:

A couple of years ago a CM at ASmovies told us that a taxi ride anywhere within Disneyworld would be $10.00 or less. We were going to the Cape May Buffet and were asking how to get there. We took a cab and even with tip it was less than $10.00.

We took cabs all over the world last May (three lazy and in-a-hurry females) and I never remember the meter going over $8.

We have done it with our own car a few times and once taking a cab. Knowing that our room is ready(we called ahead to check) I like to have my luggage there to get in my room asap.

My only concern about taking the luggage on the bus is, how big are the bags? I know how difficult it is to mauver and hold onto a carriage, while riding to the parks on a crowded early morning bus, and Im not sure luggage would be any easier. I would go for a cab instead. It would take less time and aggravation. For a few bucks I think it would be worth it. :D

Originally posted by mkymouse4ever
That's an intresting savings idea. But it might be easier if: Think I would use the AK as your hub being that All star's are closer to it. and they have a very easy bus area. ;) Get off the AS bus, and get in line for the Dolphin bus. There is 2 lines for the buses so the walk is not very far if its on the other side. And they will let you out right at the door of the dolphin.

But, think I would just spend the $5.00 and take a cab. Worth the time savings. :hyper:

On our last two trips, we have had to wait FOREVER to catch busses back to the Dolphin from AK.

Take a cab or just let the hotel transfer the luggage.

We did this not once but several times early December 2003. It was just DH and me. We each had a small wheeled case and a backpack. We did

Poly to GF (monorail)
GF to AKL (monorail to MK, then bus to AK)
AKL to ASMu (bus to AK, bus to ASMu)

All were very easy. We would switch early in the morning, so the ride to the park was busy. We would then be waiting for a bus to the next resort. A driver would always see us, and make sure we got a bus right away to the resort.

We liked having our luggage with us, and not having to wait around for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter