anyone ever stayed @ Suburban Lodge near Universal Studios Escape?

johnst

Earning My Ears
we are leaving 5/05 and may change our hotel and I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed at Suburban Lodge near Universal Studios Escape. It's on Major blvd. , I'm not familiar with that area. Is it a good location?

The location is very good. very convenient to the parks.

I haven't stayed at Suburban Lodge but I have toured it. Brand new, very nice. Here is more info from my book:

Suburban Lodge
5615 Major Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32819
(800) 951-7829; (407) 313-2000; fax (407) 313-2010
www.suburbanlodge.com

Mid-range all-suite property with kitchenettes.

Price Range: $$ - $$$
Amenities: Pool, HBO
Shuttle: None

My family and I stayed there February 2000. It's a very good location. If you are going to Universal (practically across the street) or driving to Disney ( about 10-15 minutes at that time of year) it's not far away.

The good things about Suburban-besides location. You get a full kitchen and a small table to have breakfast or snacks in your room. The hotel is very new and had a very nice pool-nothing fancy-no pool slide and as I recall, no kiddie pool. Everything was very clean-bathroom, kitchen. Plenty of closet space.

The bad things about Suburban-Unless they've changed things, they do not have 24 hour check-in. When we were there, there was about a 4 hour period (2AM to 6AM ?) when there is no one at the desk and the office is locked. Not too cool if your plane is delayed. Also there is no maid service-you have to clean up after yourselves. Clean sheets and towels are available but you have to take care of things. Also there is no separate sleeping area-the whole unit is open, like a studio apartment.

Would I stay there again? Only if I got a VERY good rate. I've discovered I don't like having to clean up on my vacation.

Any more questions-email me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter