• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever scored a last minute Thanksgiving ressie?

sallysue66

DIS Veteran
I know it's a shot in the dark, but what are the odds of getting a 1br for Thanksgiving night at any resort? We are getting off a cruise T-Day in Port Canaveral. Thinking about hopping over to WDW or Universal for the day, crashing the one night and heading home Friday morning. Originally thought we would do Universal then drive back to the Daytona area that night just to get away from the parks and outlet malls traffic which I hear are awful Black Friday morning. But I'm feeln' like I need me some Disney!

Well not exactly "last" minute, but we got a reservation for Thanksgiving last year on August 5th. This is more like 4 months but still a shorter time frame for DVC especially on a Holiday. We already had plans to stay for the long weekend and then decided that we would arrive on Thanksgiving. This was before on-line booking and I was looking for any resort and had called numerous times. This time around I was told a Treehouse was open and I snapped it up, thrilled to try THV for even just a night.

Last week I week I checked on line for the possibility of adding a night to our F&W trip in October and couldn't believe when there was a value studio at AKV available. For 9 points it will work out perfectly.

So I would say just keep checking as often as you can. It's not always the case but we have pretty lucky when needing to an extra night well after our inital plans had been made. You never know what availability may be.

Good luck and let us know if you get anything! :)

Well not exactly "last" minute, but we got a reservation for Thanksgiving last year on August 5th. This is more like 4 months but still a shorter time frame for DVC especially on a Holiday. We already had plans to stay for the long weekend and then decided that we would arrive on Thanksgiving. This was before on-line booking and I was looking for any resort and had called numerous times. This time around I was told a Treehouse was open and I snapped it up, thrilled to try THV for even just a night.

Last week I week I checked on line for the possibility of adding a night to our F&W trip in October and couldn't believe when there was a value studio at AKV available. For 9 points it will work out perfectly.

So I would say just keep checking as often as you can. It's not always the case but we have pretty lucky when needing to an extra night well after our inital plans had been made. You never know what availability may be.

Good luck and let us know if you get anything! :)

Thanks, thats encouraging to hear. I will definitely check back if I get my wish!

And congrats on your score! We've done F&W once and loved it. We hope to do it again but DD will be in 8th grade this year and it's getting so hard for her to miss school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter