Anyone else stalking AP rates for August?

Yes, I've been looking. We are staying August 22-27 at HRH. I've already booked my rooms as well but I keep checking. I'm not feeling optimistic though as one of the room types I booked no longer has availability and I'm not going to downgrade. The other is a club-level room and does have availability but I don't know if they offer AP rates for those.

I have AP rates for August 9-11. They dropped a while back. I've been watching for new and better rates in case they come down, but no luck so far!

August 18-21. Checking daily. I'm holding off booking on the theory that they won't discount a room category if too many people book it without the AP discount. Seems like they should release a discount at some point--August certainly can't be more popular than July, and that is discounted.

I agree with your mindset in theory but if you really want the room I'd be careful. I booked two rooms for Aug 22-27 at HRH and one of them (deluxe 2-queen) doesn't have availability anymore. As much as I, like you, wanted to hold out for the AP discount I'm glad I didn't wait as the room type is more valuable to me then the discount. YMMV.

Not August, but I am looking for Labor Day onward (9/6-10). I know it's still early, but I'm hoping that Universal will throw me a bone soon.

I agree with your mindset in theory but if you really want the room I'd be careful. I booked two rooms for Aug 22-27 at HRH and one of them (deluxe 2-queen) doesn't have availability anymore. As much as I, like you, wanted to hold out for the AP discount I'm glad I didn't wait as the room type is more valuable to me then the discount. YMMV.
Good point. We are pretty flexible though--we just want a "premier" hotel to get the express passes and don't really care too much which resort/room category other than we just want a basic room and not a pricey suite. I figure I should give it at least another week but eventually, yeah, if I'm seeing more room types drop off I may need to book something.

Do they ever not have AP rates? This is my first time as an AP so not sure if I should be worried or not.

Do they ever not have AP rates? This is my first time as an AP so not sure if I should be worried or not.

It really all depends on demand. I've been told that at high demand times there might not be much of any rates - if any at all. At other times there will be some, but there is a limited stock of each type of room, so it might run out if demand is strong enough.

It really all depends on demand. I've been told that at high demand times there might not be much of any rates - if any at all. At other times there will be some, but there is a limited stock of each type of room, so it might run out if demand is strong enough.
Aww rats. But that's for letting me know. I bit the bullet and booked the cheapest room I could get with express pass (RPR standard room). At least we'll have something if AP rates don't come through.

I keep checking daily. Looking for 8/16 - 8/17 (or actually any day that week). If we can snag a decent AP rate, we'll go to US/IOA. If not, we'll wait till next year and activate our new APs then.

AP rates are out for mid-August (for Portofino Bay at least)! Just booked PBH for $234 for 8/17 - 8/18.
Nothing available at RPR, so sad :(

I wanted RPR mainly because I snagged a great rate with AVIS to pick up at MCO to use for a week at Disney and then drop off at RPR. But with no AP rate at RPR, I'm now staying at PB and trying to return my rental to the AVIS desk at RPR at check-in day :( If I modify my car rental, it reverts to today's rates and doubles the cost!

Nothing available at RPR, so sad :(

I wanted RPR mainly because I snagged a great rate with AVIS to pick up at MCO to use for a week at Disney and then drop off at RPR. But with no AP rate at RPR, I'm now staying at PB and trying to return my rental to the AVIS desk at RPR at check-in day :( If I modify my car rental, it reverts to today's rates and doubles the cost!

Nothing at RPR for my dates in September outside of the suites 😭
Booked a room at PBH, saving $141 across 2 nights, but wondering if it’s worth the money and I should just stay at RPR (haven’t cancelled my original reservation yet)

Nothing at RPR for my dates in September outside of the suites 😭
Booked a room at PBH, saving $141 across 2 nights, but wondering if it’s worth the money and I should just stay at RPR (haven’t cancelled my original reservation yet)

This is what I've been finding for our 8/8-8/11 stay, PB has consistently been the lowest and RPR the highest (substantially!). We loved PB when we stayed there a few years ago, but wanted the shorter walk for the summer stay. I've checked daily for weeks and nothing has shifted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter