Anyone else planning a 2020 trip home?

Sanderspooh

Mouseketeer
Wish I could go to Disney World (a.k.a. Home) every year - but that just isn't our reality. We are planning our next trip for 2020. Since 20 + 20 = 40 and we'll be married 40 years in 2020 - seems like the perfect year to go! Still debating when to go that year - our Anniversary is in October - so maybe that month - but would Love to get Free Dining and I don't think that is a typical month for that. But that isn't our only deciding factor. Would Love low attendance - but that is no longer predictable. So I'll just keep reading the posts and see what kind of special offers come out and make a decision when I feel it is right. I'm planning on having enough saved to have it covered and if any Special Offers coincide with our trip it will be a Bonus! To our Magical Adventure to our Happy Place!:yay:

We are also planning a 2020 trip. All three of our sons will be over 21 that summer and we are going to celebrate! We will stay at the Beach Club and spend most evenings in Epcot. Coordinating vacation times might be a challenge and the bar tab will probably be big but it should be so much fun!

Congratulations on the upcoming 40th!

Trying to choose when to go can be difficult and I agree that there does not seem to be a slow time any more based on reports.

Happy Planning!

Thank you garada3! Happy Planning to you and your family also! Excited for you and your trip this summer! (3 months, 4 weeks and 1 day! :dogdance:) Are you going to try to visit the new Toy Story Land?

I'm aiming for a May 2020 trip. I am hoping to make it a major surprise for my DS AND my DH. I'm really hoping I can pull it off. This is going to be the longest 2 years. Especially since I can't talk about it!

That would be so difficult to keep it a surprise and not be able to talk about it with them! :rolleyes1 But I know you can do it! It will be so worth it in the end.
And you can get on here and talk about it with us ANYTIME you need! That may help! Can I ask why you picked May? I'm still trying to decide what month to go - May is a thought for me also - I like to hear other's reasoning for their choice of when to go. Have FUN planning!!

Us! Us!

We are planning second week of May or end of April/first week of May. Normally we go in October, but we want to see Flower and Garden this time, plus we are just tired of going in October!
Also we picked May due to weather. I want to be able to use pool, feel warmth, etc. and while normally October is great weather, last year was cold while we were there! Really took away from the trip for us.
Lastly May is "supposedly" still a decent crowd time, but that's not really a concern for us anyways. October is said to be really crowded, but we found it fine last year.

Planning to stay at Yacht Club.

Thanks for your info on the different aspects of May and October! I appreciate any insight in helping me make our decision. I also like the warmth and use of the pool and comfort of being on the water rides. May is looking better! Enjoy your planning!

Thank you garada3! Happy Planning to you and your family also! Excited for you and your trip this summer! (3 months, 4 weeks and 1 day! :dogdance:) Are you going to try to visit the new Toy Story Land?

I am so excited too! We will be in WDW for the opening, trying to decide whether to brave the crowds for the chance to be one of the “first”. At that point in our trip it will just be DH and me so we just might!

We spent our 25th anniversary at the Beach Club in December 2016. We had a wonderful time. We spent lots of time enjoying relaxing meals, the lounges and more laid back touring. DH even got into the planning!

Us! Us!

We are planning second week of May or end of April/first week of May. Normally we go in October, but we want to see Flower and Garden this time, plus we are just tired of going in October!
Also we picked May due to weather. I want to be able to use pool, feel warmth, etc. and while normally October is great weather, last year was cold while we were there! Really took away from the trip for us.
Lastly May is "supposedly" still a decent crowd time, but that's not really a concern for us anyways. October is said to be really crowded, but we found it fine last year.

Planning to stay at Yacht Club.

One of our past visits was a long weekend in October. We had very warm weather and crowds in Epcot for Food & Wine. It was pre-FP+ so except for being busy in Epcot, my (limited) first hand crowd knowledge is obsolete.

Same thing applies to a previous May trip. Disney really changed the game with the introduction of that system.

We really like the Epcot area- walking distance to two parks! I will be paying attention to occupancy levels when the new Star Wars area opens. I am thinking that discounts might be very limited. At least we all have time to save up!

I'm aiming for a May 2020 trip. I am hoping to make it a major surprise for my DS AND my DH. I'm really hoping I can pull it off. This is going to be the longest 2 years. Especially since I can't talk about it!

How old will DS be at the time of the trip? What fun - a surprise trip!

That would be so difficult to keep it a surprise and not be able to talk about it with them! :rolleyes1 But I know you can do it! It will be so worth it in the end.
And you can get on here and talk about it with us ANYTIME you need! That may help! Can I ask why you picked May? I'm still trying to decide what month to go - May is a thought for me also - I like to hear other's reasoning for their choice of when to go. Have FUN planning!!

Okay first, I spend a ton of time lurking but not posting so I don't have it down with quoting yet so keep that in mind. :blush:

My son's birthday is in May. We've travelled to FL several times in May and I think it's a great time because it's hot but not usually too steamy. Crowds have been fine in the past but I'm not giving that any consideration for 2020 because Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge are a whole new ballgame.

One of our past visits was a long weekend in October. We had very warm weather and crowds in Epcot for Food & Wine. It was pre-FP+ so except for being busy in Epcot, my (limited) first hand crowd knowledge is obsolete.

Same thing applies to a previous May trip. Disney really changed the game with the introduction of that system.

We really like the Epcot area- walking distance to two parks! I will be paying attention to occupancy levels when the new Star Wars area opens. I am thinking that discounts might be very limited. At least we all have time to save up!

How old will DS be at the time of the trip? What fun - a surprise trip!

He'll turn 5 while we're there. I think it will be perfect timing for everything. He'll be old enough for magic, he'll make memories, and it'll be his last birthday before he enters a formal classroom.

I'm so stinking excited, guys!

Yep! It'll be out next big trip to Disney World. We're doing Universal this year, but one of my goals has always been to be at Disney on my actual birthday and 2020 is the year that works for us so we're already planning it.

So much will have changed between our last trip both at Disney and in our lives that I'm already day dreaming about it.

Planning for a June 2020 trip for DD's 15th birthday. We're hoping to stay at either Poly or Wilderness Lodge. We're going June 2018 for her 13th birthday & taking SIL & her family: 10 of us at ASSports.

Planning for a June 2020 trip for DD's 15th birthday. We're hoping to stay at either Poly or Wilderness Lodge. We're going June 2018 for her 13th birthday & taking SIL & her family: 10 of us at ASSports.

Oooh upgrade! Do you plan on telling her ahead of time?

Glad I'm not the only crazy planner :earboy2: DS1 turns 10 Dec 2019 and with SWGE opening, we figured a 10th birthday trip is a great idea. We will plan to go early January. We are going this May for my daughters cheer trip and depending on next years teams, may go again in May 2019.

Yep, we're planning a 2020 trip. Not sure when yet, looking at October so we can get in Halloween or early November to do a Christmas party.

Oooh upgrade! Do you plan on telling her ahead of time?

Yes, she knows we're going. We've talked about staying at those two resorts specifically at some point. She knows it's on my bucket list to stay at all WDW resorts, minus swan & dolphin. Three down, many to go!

Well, I’ll be going late January 2020, but no planning yet, because first I have to plan for late January 2019 and I haven’t even started that yet. I’ll start planning in late June for my 2019 trip.

Last week of January 2020 here. I’m planning it as a solo trip because that’s all I can do, but it looks like it will actually be a big family trip. I think it’s going to be all of the various family components doing their own thing and then coming together for a few meals here and there. I’m planning to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge although the Boardwalk Inn keeps butting into my thoughts. Probably will depend on whether the convenience of walking to the Epcot and Hollywood Studios(aka Star Wars) is worth the $500+ difference between a standard at AKL vs Boardwalk.
It’s funny I was just there in January but I’m already going nuts planning this trip. I can’t really plan anything too solid this far out but it’s fun to try. The insanity that will be Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge is the X factor of this trip. I’m definitely planning to reserve my room a year out just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!