Anyone else frustrated?.........

dont forget the swan and dolphin both give teachers a special rate:flower3:
Tracy

dont forget the swan and dolphin both give teachers a special rate:flower3:
Tracy

Yeah that's partly why we were interested, and Julie is AAA member too.

Not sure what ID they require on the teacher side but will have to see I guess.

I have noticed that people tend to book flights with VA as soon as they come out.Surely VA must know people will buy straight away so charge top prices at first.Although I havent been this year the prices quoted last august for 25the were over £700 each then when I looked march 09 they were £400.This is from manchester though and only economy.Both times I have been august I have always left it till march/april to book with m+m and have not paid more than £1100 for 2 adults and a child.Again I am sure by going indirect I could have got it a little cheaper but for convenience I have always used VA.I know it is not always possible to wait to book but as someone already mentioned it is possible to get a good deal sometimes.Perhaps I have been lucky but I did look a few weeks ago as we were supposed to be going 25th august this year but had to cancel and the prices were £400 with VA but no m+m.Johny I hope you manage to find something that suits Josh as I can see from his pics he feels well at home in mouse land :love:

I've never booked VA flight only but have heard that quite often when the flights are first released there is often a 'block' of cheaper seats and when these go the prices go up and then fluctuate over the year depending on demand etc. I don't think most people (as in the general public) book as soon as flights come out, rather I think many will just pay whatever the going rate is on whatever day they book rather than posters on here who will often hold out for the best deal :)

I've never booked VA flight only but have heard that quite often when the flights are first released there is often a 'block' of cheaper seats and when these go the prices go up and then fluctuate over the year depending on demand etc. I don't think most people (as in the general public) book as soon as flights come out, rather I think many will just pay whatever the going rate is on whatever day they book rather than posters on here who will often hold out for the best deal :)

Yes I am the same. I have no loyalty over who I fly with (or from where to be honest) I just go for the best deal!:lmao:

We last went in Jan 2008 and booked in the summer of 2007. The trip next month is cheaper than last one because we have cheaper flights (£295 return with VA) and are paying less staying at CSR (and one sneaky night at WL) then we did last year at Pop because of the buy 14 pay for 10 deal that was on earlier this year. Plus we have booked the DDP, which for us works out cheaper then paying in $. We only booked this trip in January.

We will be going back next December for our wedding and won't be booking the flights etc until we find a good deal :thumbsup2

i spoke to them directly before booking POR last year, explained i was a british teacher - they said i would need to provide a recent pay slip / or letter with official heading signed by my head. never went so never chased it up.
if you do get a decent rate from them id love to know what it is (% discount on rack rate).
this info may be out of date, but at leat it would give you an idea....
HTH
Tracy

I have noticed that people tend to book flights with VA as soon as they come out.Surely VA must know people will buy straight away so charge top prices at first.Although I havent been this year the prices quoted last august for 25the were over £700 each then when I looked march 09 they were £400.This is from manchester though and only economy.Both times I have been august I have always left it till march/april to book with m+m and have not paid more than £1100 for 2 adults and a child.Again I am sure by going indirect I could have got it a little cheaper but for convenience I have always used VA.I know it is not always possible to wait to book but as someone already mentioned it is possible to get a good deal sometimes.Perhaps I have been lucky but I did look a few weeks ago as we were supposed to be going 25th august this year but had to cancel and the prices were £400 with VA but no m+m.Johny I hope you manage to find something that suits Josh as I can see from his pics he feels well at home in mouse land :love:

I understand what you mean, it was just our thinking was flights may possibly sell fairly early because although expensive August is still a popular time to go. :love:

i spoke to them directly before booking POR last year, explained i was a british teacher - they said i would need to provide a recent pay slip / or letter with official heading signed by my head. never went so never chased it up.

if you do get a decent rate from them id love to know what it is (% discount on rack rate).

this info may be out of date, but at leat it would give you an idea....

HTH

Tracy

Have you looked at renting DVC points for your WDW stay? I understand if it would be too much extra work but it would save you a few $

Hope you are able to find something reasonable if not cheap :hug: I count ourselves to be very lucky to not have any commitments (children, jobs even pets!) and I think the mark up over the school hols are OTT - but it's that whole supply and demand thing that governs the way business work :sad2:

Yeah that's partly why we were interested, and Julie is AAA member too.

you need a payslip. we stayed at the swan and this is what i had to show as proof :)

I totally sympathise with this thread, I still find it hard to believe how much these trips cost once everything is added on (including my inability to not buy half of what I see in the Florida Mall, Target etc!). We could get another car for the cost of these holidays and at best we're looking at going every 3 years now.

We usually go in September when its cheap to fly etc but because our childminder is going on holiday next August for two weeks (I've convinced her to go to Orlando!!) we've decided to take that two weeks off as well so am now on the hunt for flights that are less than £500 each, don't know if I have a snowball's chance at getting these but i'm ever hopeful!

I hope we'll be there at the same time, would be lovely to meet you all :hug:

I totally sympathise with this thread, I still find it hard to believe how much these trips cost once everything is added on (including my inability to not buy half of what I see in the Florida Mall, Target etc!). We could get another car for the cost of these holidays and at best we're looking at going every 3 years now.

We usually go in September when its cheap to fly etc but because our childminder is going on holiday next August for two weeks (I've convinced her to go to Orlando!!) we've decided to take that two weeks off as well so am now on the hunt for flights that are less than £500 each, don't know if I have a snowball's chance at getting these but i'm ever hopeful!

I hope we'll be there at the same time, would be lovely to meet you all :hug:

yes, lets have a dis meet next aug! i have missed the last 2, one because CM was veerrryyy slow and i missed them, and last year missed cause DS was ill and we had to get emergency medical treatment:eek:, seems there are loads of us hoping to go at the same time.
Could we just not get a charter airplane of our own, dis air!
im seeing a giant lime green plane, with micey ears, what do you think?!?!?:banana:

What i also find is the kids prices all end when they turn 9!! I can understand the park prices as most kids will go on the same type of rides as the adults, it's the meals that i don't understand my son still struggles with a happy meal so the kids eat free promotions will not count.
He was also an adult on the holiday price all 3 of us paid the same:sad1:

What i also find is the kids prices all end when they turn 9!! I can understand the park prices as most kids will go on the same type of rides as the adults, it's the meals that i don't understand my son still struggles with a happy meal so the kids eat free promotions will not count.
He was also an adult on the holiday price all 3 of us paid the same:sad1:

That's a good point and I agree, even for a 12 year old to be classed as 'adult' is crazy.

I understand what you mean but I actually also think that park prices should reflect on your age too, I still don't see why a child of say 11 or 12 is classed adult price.

That's a good point and I agree, even for a 12 year old to be classed as 'adult' is crazy.

I understand what you mean but I actually also think that park prices should reflect on your age too, I still don't see why a child of say 11 or 12 is classed adult price.

I think airlines are actually very fair in allowing child prices. A seat on a plane is a seat on a plane regardless of who sits in it. The airlines essentially make half a fare by selling the same seat to someone under 12 as they do an adult.

hieght would be farer for theme park tickets. surely the discount for chilren is based on them not being tall enough to ride the headline rides, which cost the bigg $$$$ to build.the average 11/12 year old would be taller than 48inches. the tallest you have to be to ride a ride at disney except tomorrow land speedway which is 54inch for a single rider
dave rachel and the girls

My 12 yr old eats as more than I do and is nearly 5.2 - as tall as some adults.
I do agree that there must be a cut off, last year ds was a child (2 weeks before his 9th bday) and of course next year at 10 he ll be an adult.
There are advantages he is now an adult on the DDP, and as it was free, let him eat what he wants (and he will;))
However I agree with PP about seats on the plane, they cost the same to run if occupied by a child or adult....

Honestly, I think they ought to tier the ages as well (child, teen, adult)...but most all theme parks in America do the same thing Disney does.

As unfair as it seems, these places are of course in the business of making money and turning a profit. Disney knows that most parents bring children, so they are not going to pass up the opportunity to charge every penny of what the market will bear on tickets. I honestly don't think it has anything to do with what rides kids are big enough to go on.

and a different price for oaps
what ever age groups they set someone would find it unfair. because the theme park is more than the sum of the rides they couldnt really go back to tickets or could they.
we had the travelling fair in town last week the price for kids and adults were the same after all the ride doesnt improve because you are 40 if anything the enjoyment lessens with age.

i can see what the op is saying about prices ba have a sale that doesnt include florida.:mad::mad:

dave rachel and the girls

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter