anyone else annoyed that BCV ONLY DVC without either a jacuzzi or bubbler tub?

I agree not being sold, BUT when it was sold to US one of the special features WAS the jacuzzi tub ( which was a luxury item in other hotels) . In addition, NO other DVC INCLUDING BWV and the former VWL had these tubs removed during updating. I would have been ok with bubbler...if they put them in gfv and the new part of wL they could have put them in ours instead of making us the only dvc with this downgrade! PS ALL one bedroom and up dvcs have a walk in shower in addition to the tub. As I said, I would not be grumbling if this hadn't been important to us and a FIXTURE not decoration at time of purchase (or if we were not singled out to have the downgrade!) Again just venting as I know people 's opinions differ and Disney could care less whether I am happy now or not... they have my money already!

Our one bedroom at ALK Villas had a very deep tub-(I don't know the difference between a jacuzzi and a bubbler) which took forever to fill and was very difficult for this old bird to get in and out of. A walk in shower would have been very welcome.

Our one bedroom at ALK Villas had a very deep tub-(I don't know the difference between a jacuzzi and a bubbler) which took forever to fill and was very difficult for this old bird to get in and out of. A walk in shower would have been very welcome.

We stayed at Jambo House a few months ago and agree the deep tub was annoying to get in and out of the shower.

If I understand what you're saying, every other DVC resort, except Poly, has at least a bubble tub? If that's the case, I don't blame you for being upset. I wonder too, why is BCV the only one being treated differently?

in reply to Simba's Mom, if Not all a bubble tub, but at least a jacuzzi. To some of my other friends who mentioned the difficulty in getting in and out of old tub, As far as easy access to tub, you wouldn't like the replacement tub either if that's what you want, it is a deep soaker tub (think similar to old claw tubs) GF and the new WL have similar but they both have bubblers! Again, I know nothing can be done but again just my personal feelings, that we were slighted!

If I understand what you're saying, every other DVC resort, except Poly, has at least a bubble tub? If that's the case, I don't blame you for being upset. I wonder too, why is BCV the only one being treated differently?

I think that the tub in the Bungalows has jets so even PVB got them in the larger villas as was the norm for all other DVC.

Are you sure it's not a bubbler? It looks the same as the one at VGF.

http://allears.net/acc/bcv/beach-club-villas-two-bedroom-07.jpg
beach-club-villas-two-bedroom-07.jpg

http://allears.net/acc/villas_grand_floridian/villas-grand-floridian-1-bedroom-11t.JPG

villas-grand-floridian-1-bedroom-11t.JPG

So as an owner at BLT, I'm open to drastic changes during returns to keep it "futuristic" and to keep up with the main tower (no idea if that will ever happen though). But I agree if I owned at BCV (or really most DVC's) I wouldn't want any drastic changes to decor.

I think it was a maintenance cleaning issue. I heard of cases of celulitis from the type of jets they had. But I am sorry for your dissapointment. I feel the same now I have to request a DVD player at some resorts.

Funny that they decided to add those tubs to CCV.

As to the question, it doesn't bother me either regarding tubs as I only shower. And I doubt that the cellulitis is that much of a concern since DVC added the bubbler tubs to CCV. Sure they added a similar soaking tub to BCV, but they omitted the bubbler feature. Did BWV and VB get the bubbler tubs, if they did why didn't BCV?

Last edited:
Funny that they decided to add those tubs to CCV.

As to the question, it doesn't bother me either regarding tubs as I only shower. And I doubt that the cellulitis is that much of a concern since DVC added the bubbler tubs to CCV. Sure they added a similar soaking tub to BCV, but they omitted the bubbler feature. Did BWV and VB get the bubbler tubs, if they did why didn't BCV?

BWV did not get new tubs. The original tubs are still there. I personally prefer the BCV new tub to the old tubs with the jacuzzi jets as I always worry about what is inside the jets!
With the bubble tub at VGF I did not worry about that!
Not sure what tub VB has gotten and OKW is also due for new tubs and I don't know if they have the bubbles or if they are like the ones at BCV.
The tub at CCV is a completely different tub from all the others. We went to the tour last weekend. It does have the air holes for bubbles on the bottom. It appeared to possibly be deeper and maybe shorter than the VGF and BCV tubs.

Have to say I'm happy to see others that actually care about the tub!! Soaking is an important part of my vacation experience!!! Lol

After turning the tub on at OKW one time so my young kid could play and seeing the water fill with black particles, I don't do bathtubs with pumps and tubing.
I have this same issue. The 2 times I have tried to use hotel jetted tubs, the filth that came out grossed me out enough to refuse to try any others.

I would understand if Disney wanted to do away with them all together due to cleaning issues, but they clearly don't so it's odd they singled out BCV.

I don't like the new tubs because they are deep and difficult to get in and out of for people like me with arthritis and joint issues. There is not an easy place to grab onto to get out. I also think it would be harder to give a small child a bath in the deep tub.

I don't care about the jets but I just don't like the tub they have now.

That would definitely be a disappointment for you, and I can understand your frustration.

We stayed at VGF and I hated the bubble tub because it cycled through whatever it does to shoot any leftover water out after cleaning/using. This happened while I was trying to sleep, either at night or in the am, or both, since it happened twice, and we never used the thing!

So that's why it randomly turned itself on! I couldn't figure that when we were there a couple months ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter