Anyone cruising June 5, 2004?

:bounce: Yipee! My ds, 9, will be so happy to have someone to play basketball with. We are getting more and more excited. As for your 17 year old. He'll have a great time.

I've been trying to figure a way for us to "stick out" the first day of the cruise so we may be recognized by other Disers. Didn't want to wear a name tag then(little nerdy). DD, 12, would have a hard time with us wearing anything that completely matched. So I went to the disneystore.com site and found three t-shirts. They have "Disney" written acoss the front using various character parts. And I got them in red(ds), white(dd--gave me her approval) and blue(me). We're all blond and my daughter will probably be inching past me in height by then! Look for us and say hello!
Ann:chat:

jneaves45, This is our second cruise on the Magic with teenagers.. There is plenty for your 17yr old son to do as they have separate programs for the teens, along with a separate room to meet new friends. ....

:wave2:

Ann, there is no way I could get my DH to even go along with something like that!

I don't know who will be bouncing around more, me or my DD7!! And she still doesn't even know what we will be doing for vacation (I cannot believe we have kept it a secret for this long!!). I will probably have my blue Mickey earrings on (got at WDW last June) but that will likely be the extent of the Disney dress (at least to start with). I love the Disney matching tropical dresses and shirts but DH threatened mutiny if I did that. Oh well!

I am still waiting anxiously for my docs to arrive (and getting more impatient by the day). I am still waiting to hear if they fixed my dinner seating assignment (I requested early but somehow we ended up with late. I am a diabetic and cannot eat at 8:30 every night so I turned in a medical form) and that info should be in with my docs too.

I don't know if I can stand waiting 27+ more days!!!

Kat

:Pinkbounc princess: :sunny:

Hey Kat,
You can look for us rather than me staring at everyone's ears! I thought your idea of packing already was rediculous until I started looking at our pile of "stuff" getting bigger and bigger. I'm starting this morning!
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I am feeling behind with everyone else thinking about packing, maybe I should get motivated.

Kat, they will fix your dining time, DCL is really good about that stuff :)

My dd14 broke her leg (two weeks ago, now in a short leg walking cast) and not sure if it will be off by sailing. So we will be easy to recognize at port, either look for the bright red cast, or the tan girl with a pale leg :)

I am hoping my dds hook up with some other dds to hang in the clubs with.

We booked the August 2005 repositioning cruise from CA to FL, anyone else?

Jeanne
mom to dd14, dd12, dd9, dd7, dd2, dd1 and ds1

I wouldn't expect you to look at everyone's ears! That is just the only thing I know for sure I will be wearing. I expect we will be travelling in slacks rather than shorts because it is easier than trying to put slacks in a carryon (in case we don't get our luggage before dinner time). I haven't even figured out what carryon I want yet!

Jeanne - is your dd7 going to be spending much time in the clubs? If so she and my dd7 will probably be doing much the same things. I think it would be great if they could meet early on so they'd have a buddy to play with.

I haven't packed much, mostly things like snorkeling gear, etc that fit best in the bottom. I have those space saver bags for things that won't wrinkle or don't matter (pjs, swim suits). I have been bad. I went out and bought new socks and such so they will look nice and so I can go ahead and pack them early! DH thinks I am really nuts. Maybe he's right. I still need to get a few more things (refills on meds, things like that). Most of the packing won't get done for about two more weeks. Then I will be able to lay it all out on the bed in the spareroom and see which suitcases I will need, etc. We just got new luggage so I don't know if the two largest will be necessary, or the largest and the smallest of the three! The two largest also have the ability to expand, something important for the trip home! And knowing me things will get packed and repacked several times before I am happy with it! But at least this way I am not likely to forget anything!

Kat

Hey, how about if we all have something green that would identify us? I saw on one meet thread where at the meet they all got green lanyards with their DIS name. I don't know how we would go about that but maybe we can figure something like that out.

How many are planning on going to the meet on Monday?? I know I am!

Kat

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Well, misty9960, you were right.

We waited too long. The Dolphin Discovery is booked completely w/no openings available the day we will be in Cozumel.

I told my entire family (dad, mom, DH) that we needed to get on the ball and I don't think anyone realized how quickly (except 4me) they fill up.

Trying to get over it, are there some other Dolphin deals to do in Cozumel that you guys know of that a 5yo can participate in.

I saw in Grand Caymen, DD5 can't do the Stingray deal either, 6 is min age requirement.

:crazy2:

So now trying to figure out if I shd try and book something else on another port, if there is one.

Any ideas?

I know most of you have older children than our youngest, but didn't know if there is something I hadn't thought of that she could do w/animals.

lovebond,

sorry you missed out on booking the dolphin excursion.

Bet your dd would love the butterfly conservatory in Key West. We did that in September and will be taking our girls there, it is very nice.

You could book a stingray excursion on your own through Capt. Marvins. We did that before (and are doing it again) and it is a top notch business. Loved it.

I need to find a new garment bag type thing. Our old ones are shot, any suggestions on what to get?

Jeanne

I plan on being at the DIS meet. Wish we weren't waiting until Monday. It would be nice for our kids to find a buddy earlier. Is there any time on Sunday that suits anyone? I know we are in Key West but it doesn't sound like we'll be there all day.
As far as wearing something green, it sounds like a good idea. I don't have any ideas though.

Ann

We could all plan to meet somewhere during the departure party.... they do that party up on the pool deck. Think on it guys....

Kat

grlzmom: can 5yo's do the Capt Marvin's deal? I was thinking the age limit was restricting us. That sounds great, if DD may attend. About the garment bag, are you talking about one to hang your nice things in??

I will look into it.

Don't have any green, not my best color. Will wear white CC T more than likely.

Good idea about departure deal, maybe if we see someone looking, we will all know it's each other. :teeth:

Thanks for your help guys, I appreciate the ideas.

I just bought a white Minnie paradise t-shirt (white with pink design and Minnie). I will plan on wearing that. We get into Orlando at 11:00 and will then catch a shuttle to the port. After we get on board we will eat lunch and will hopefully then be able to get into our room to drop stuff. After that we will wander for awhile (have to register dd for club, etc). so maybe we can meet after the boat drill near one of the food stands upstairs or something. I remember on our last cruise the deck was pretty empty until the party got near.

Kat

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Thanks, KatHuss, for pointing me to the DIS boards. I was hanging out on the passporter boards and wondered why I couldn't find other June 5 cruisers. My DS (age 9) is thrilled that he could hook-up with others his age. We were doing the glass bottom boat at Key West, but it was cancelled for dry dock repairs. We're now on our own there. We're doing the Rum Point Beach at Cayman Islands and Tulum Ruins at Cozumel. We've got a glass bottom boat tour at Castaway Cay, now. The only thing keeping me from packing is that our guest bedroom is going to be used this weekend, and that's the only place I have to lay out my suitcases! Looking forward to meeting all of you in a little over 3 weeks. We'll be flying down on Thursday, staying at the Courtyard Cocoa Beach for 2 nights.

Sandi

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:
:wave2:

No problem, Sandy! glad to find more folks cruising when we are. I have started to pack, but only in a minor way (nothing that will wrinkle). I have to wait until May 23 as I will have company in our guest room on the 21st and will be busy all day the 22nd! I cannot believe it is coming soon! My ta said our docs were sent Fedex 2nd day yesterday so they should be here tomorrow! I cannot wait!!!

Kat

So how about we meet at or near Pluto's right after the boat drill? The sail away party is usually round 4:30 so if we get there around that time Pluto's might be better than Pinocchio's because it is away from the party area (whereas Pinocchio's is right by where the party will be). If we want to bring the kids, cool. If not, we can meet and then maybe plan for another time to introduce kids (like later when we drop them at the clubs or something).

How does that sound??

Kat

princess: :Pinkbounc :sunny:

Soon soon soon soon soon!!!

Finally our documents have arrived!!! The reality is setting in. I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thewave:

I am soooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No docs here yet.

Since we all have been to Key West tons of time, we didn't book anything. We will probably do the Duval Crawl.

Grand Cayman we booked stingray city with Nativeway. They came highly recommended.

Hubby and son are scuba diving in Cozumel. Still not sure what we girls will do, probably shop.

Castaway Cay, banana boat for son & hubby, parasail for me & son.

Just tell me when & where to meet.

I am very easy to spot. I use a blue power chair, and will probably be zooming around on decks 9 and 10. I go to deck 10 for the sail a way.

Ann,,,I have been busy and didn't mail you for the nametags,,sorry.

Sherry

no docs yet for us. i spoke to the TA today and they said 2 weeks out, i should get them. I'm psyched, but better half is ready to finish the school year first(we are teachers, but i am been deployed for close to 3 years after 9/11), so finishing this school year is first on her list, then she will get PSYCHED!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter