Anyone Christmas shopping yet... continued...

I don’t know what your budget is for the waterproof Bluetooth speakers but I got the Bose Soundlink Micro for my kids last year. They’re made to take a beating. My kids (22 and going on 13) LOVE them. The speakers practically live in the shower. I’ve found them well worth the price.
https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundLink-Micro-Bluetooth-speaker/dp/B0748NCPRR

Thanks for the recommendation :) I would get that based on quality for sure, I have a Soundlink and I love it.
He wants the JBL one, apparently that is what "everyone" has.

OP here,

Good Morning Everyone,

I have not really been doing very much over the last couple of weeks, but I am back in the game today. I am going out looking for stocking stuffer's.... that were I have the most problems filling and finding those things that can be used, and that my family will enjoy having... So I have a list of somethings that I wrote down while reading all the post... Thanks so much, I can't tell you all... how much info and great ideas that you all have. Awesome Sauce!!!!

Even though I haven't been shopping, I have been sewing I am making a few things to give as gifts, I am almost done with the microwave potato bags, I am making several for family and hostess gifts. As well I am working on holiday items for myself, table runners, napkins, and such.

I did go to target the other day to check out the toy clearance... they did not have anything that either was age appropriate, or what they like. But I will keep looking.

My DM made the microwave potato bags before she died, and we all love it. I have a feeling it might disappear when my DD moves into an apartment next year.

I haven't done this, but if it were me, wouldn't it be cool to see a bunch of helium balloons with strings and cards attached to the bottom - might look pretty magical (and the Dollar Store usually sells the balloons for $1/each).

And then I'd save some large "winter" stuff, like boots or coats (whatever they need), and wrap them and put them under the tree to give some heft.

You'd probably have a very full looking tree that you could break down into almost nothing once you decide to toss the balloons:)...
We tend to do cash or gift cards for the now grown nieces and nephews. Every year I try to do something different to “disguise” the gift card. Last year I used big mason jars full of each persons favorite candy or in one case cashews. Then I placed the gift card in small envelope and stuck it down in the candy. I then wrapped up the mason jars in small boxes so they’d look nice under the tree.

One year we had a ton of cardboard boxes piled up in the house in a variety of sizes. I took the gift card and put it in a pair of silly dollar store socks. I then put the silly socks in a small box, wrapped that box, put that box in a slightly larger box, wrapped that box, then a larger box, etc., etc. I think it took about seven boxes per gift. I also threw a couple of spare jingle bells from a past school project and wrapped pieces of Christmas candy in some of the boxes, so that when they shook their present it made noise.

It took them quite some time to unwrap all the boxes. Then when they saw the last unwrapped box contained a pair of ugly/silly socks, the looks on their faces were worth all the trouble I went through. Luckily one of my nephews shares my sense of humor, so,he immediately put his hand in one of the socks to find the Best Buy gift card he got.

The commotion over the unwrapping of each box gave everyone some laughs. Especially since I only used traditional Christmas paper on the last, biggest box. I used up a collection of bits and scraps of gift wrap I had around the house, from wedding gift wrap, new baby gift wrap, Father’s Day wrap to Disney character paper on the inside boxes. It was a hoot!

I got a Kohl's 40% coupon via Slickdeals late last night, so I picked up a raincoat for DD18 along with some other stuff. In the end, the coat cost me about $28, and I spent $22 on other stuff (2 pair of swimshorts for me next summer, and 3 Tshirts also for me) , and I got $15 Kohl's cash on the order, and I'll get another $5 KC for picking up one of the tshirts in store later today. I'll probably use that KC to pick up a few stocking stuffers for DD next week, maybe beauty items that don't qualify for coupons otherwise.

I seem to have 2 themes running on DDs gifts: (1) stuff for her photography/videography interest and (2) stuff for her to deal with having to slog around campus during the upcoming rainy season :rolleyes1 The rainy season stuff started with me looking for a pair of rain boots for her because the worst part of going to classes in the rain for me was always the wet feet. But ironically enough, I've haven't ended up getting her boots. I've gotten her the rain coat, a good umbrella and a backpack rain cover but all the rain boots I see I'm afraid she won't like or they are ridiculously expensive, and in either case I'm not sure she'd even wear them. I've decided that I'll just wait for the rains to start and then ping her on the boots, to see if she has any interest and if she does, whether or not there is a specific brand that is the only one she'd consider. I don't know where I'll get the budget to buy some if she wants them, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. The budget from the raincoat came from another item I returned that turned out not to be as advertised and I then found a replacement that was cheaper. I have about $15 left in the budget for DDs under-the-tree gifts at this point, and not much more for stocking stuffers. Time to step away from the Kohl's coupons!!

I also had a 40% of Kohls coupon yesterday and even though I didn't get any Christmas presents with it, I did get 3 Hallmark ornaments I wanted and some Fall/Thanksgiving and Halloween throw pillows i'd been eyeing. I don't know if I just never really paid attention to the fact that I could use Kohl's coupons on Hallmark ornaments or what, but I was pretty excited to get 40% off of them. Usually I wait until after Christmas to hit up Hallmark unless there are ornaments that I just have to have. (Guilty of spending $150 on Hallmark ornaments their premiere weekend :rolleyes1)

Kmart has sports team stuff on sale. I got a FL hoodie, half zip pullover, long sleeved T-shirt, and shorts for $32. I’ll heat press a gator gymnastics bling all over them.

What's a microwave potato bag?

OP here

It a Fabric bag that you can cook potatoes in the microwave. All the fabric is microwave safe so that it doesn't catch fire in the microwave.... We love it... 2 baked potatoes ready to go in under 20 minutes... 2 med to large potatoes take around 18 minutes to cook - poke a few holes - 9 minutes flip then 9 more minutes ... all done. I have cooked little red potatoes for the grandkids in it. Sweet potatoes, but I wrap them in a paper towel first, and well as corn on the cob. It's just so handy, my family loves potatoes so it get's a work out.

It a Fabric bag that you can cook potatoes in the microwave. All the fabric is microwave safe so that it doesn't catch fire in the microwave.... We love it... 2 baked potatoes ready to go in under 20 minutes... 2 med to large potatoes take around 18 minutes to cook - poke a few holes - 9 minutes flip then 9 more minutes ... all done. I have cooked little red potatoes for the grandkids in it. Sweet potatoes, but I wrap them in a paper towel first, and well as corn on the cob. It's just so handy, my family loves potatoes so it get's a work out.

That sounds great! I'll have to look for some microwave-safe fabric and make one.

I love this thread! Thank you to all for such great ideas and some motivation to go out and find bargains. I have started with DD, got the bunny she wanted from the Japan pavilion that she wanted when we were there. She didn't have enough money on her gift card, so she said "It's OK, I will ask Santa for it". Yikes! Luckily, it was an easy process to call and get it, so mission accomplished!

I also snagged a deal on Aromatherapy lotions at Bath and Body works last weekend. They are normally $15.50 each (the thicker body cream), and with the sale and discount, I paid $22 for 4. These are for the Kids Club teachers at school. I put a candy bar with them, and call it good.

Next up, time to get busy figuring out some items for DS and DH. I like the thought of going away for Christmas, but I doubt I can get that passed the kids.

Target has buy 1 iTunes gift card get 20% off the second of equal or lesser value. I bought 4/$25 and will probably go back for more as I have birthdays in November as well.

Joining in. Just started. Don't have many to buy for anymore so I tend to spoil the kids (DS19 and DD17). Who am I kidding, even when we did have lots to buy for I still spoiled them. I love to see a tree full of gifts on Christmas Morning and kids still love it when Santa comes.

Getting harder to buy for them and of course the items are more expensive now that they are older. Was at Macy's this weekend and they had their sale going on where everything is on sale, even stuff that normally never is on sale. DD likes Michael Kors. The purses were 25% off. Couldn't decide on which one to get so I bought 2 of them. Not sure if I will keep both or not but decided to get them while they were on sale. The yesterday on Ebates they were having a 1 day sale and I got 20% in cash back for Macy's. So, I reordered everything online (sale was still going on) and now I will get an extra 20% back also. Very excited about that.

That sounds great! I'll have to look for some microwave-safe fabric and make one.

You can find the directions and type of needs just google it... Here's the short list...

100 percent cotton thread

100 percent cotton batting... there is a product that I use called "Wrap and Zap", its made by Pellon and comes packaged ( JoAnn's carry's it) ... another tip is they suggest that you soak the batting in hot water for 20 minutes.. I always do this, it keeps it from shrinkage during washing and during use... so it doesn't bunch up.

1/2 yard of fabric 100 percent cotton ( preshrunk)

1/2 yard of percent cotton unbleached muslin ( preshrunk)

I have all mine cut out, and I am getting ready to sew...

Last edited:
OP here,

I have been out shopping, but really have not scored anything went to Target, and the game I was looking for was the only one that the coupon did not cover... so I am waiting on that one, also nothing to speak of on toys clearance or any stocking stuffer items.

I have looked around and found some so so things... so I am going back to the drawing board and rethink a few gifts.

I am going to hit up Ulta and pick up a few items, I have a birthday coupon to use so I will pick up a few thing for me and some stocking stuffers for my DD and mom...

Any suggestions on slippers for a man... I need them with a hard bottom so they can be worn outside. sorta like flip flop style or just slip on...

I haven't started yet but I want to! Anyone have suggestions for 20 and 18 year old boys and a daughter 14? They will give me a list but I would like to come up with some cute filler gifts that they don't know they're getting.

I haven't started yet but I want to! Anyone have suggestions for 20 and 18 year old boys and a daughter 14? They will give me a list but I would like to come up with some cute filler gifts that they don't know they're getting.

I know my kids (DS19 and DD17) love getting gift cards. I stock up on a bunch of different ones to all the places they frequent (Chipotle, Panda, H & M, Bath & Body, Amazon, Buffalo Wild Wings, Xbox, Movies, Starbucks to name a few). Been stocking up on these with the RMN Deals going on the past week or so and getting these for 40% off.

Then what I present them in different ways. One year I got them each a small photo album and put cards in the slots and to fill up the album - I also put in Scratch off Tickets and Some money in the various slots.

Last year I had bought these 2 foot wooden Christmas Trees, which had slots to put Christmas Cards in them. Instead I filled the trees with Gift Cards and Scratch Off's. The kids love them and I know they will definitely get used.

I know my kids (DS19 and DD17) love getting gift cards. I stock up on a bunch of different ones to all the places they frequent (Chipotle, Panda, H & M, Bath & Body, Amazon, Buffalo Wild Wings, Xbox, Movies, Starbucks to name a few). Been stocking up on these with the RMN Deals going on the past week or so and getting these for 40% off.

Then what I present them in different ways. One year I got them each a small photo album and put cards in the slots and to fill up the album - I also put in Scratch off Tickets and Some money in the various slots.

Last year I had bought these 2 foot wooden Christmas Trees, which had slots to put Christmas Cards in them. Instead I filled the trees with Gift Cards and Scratch Off's. The kids love them and I know they will definitely get used.
Great ideas thanks!!

I have been doing a little shopping the past week. The speaker ds wanted was on sale at Target so I grabbed that. I pre-ordered a Switch game for dd and ordered her a pair of slipper boots.

What I am most excited about is the updates to the Santa's bag app. Now there is a "location" option so you can put where you hide the gidt gifts you've purchased :)
I sure wish they had that when my kids were little, I still sometimes find toys I had stashed away and my kids are in high school and college now :laughing:

One more big gift just knocked off the list. Lowe's has several pressure washers marked down. I was able to get DH a gas powered one for just a little more than the electric I was originally looked at.

One more big gift just knocked off the list. Lowe's has several pressure washers marked down. I was able to get DH a gas powered one for just a little more than the electric I was originally looked at.

he'll like the gas powered better-you aren't limited to where an extension cord can reach to. if you live in an area prone to freezing temperatures caution him not to be tempted to leave even the smallest amount of water in the tank in between cold weather uses-if it freezes the tank will split. one of our fall 'honey-do's' is to make sure the pressure washer's tank is totally empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter