Anyone actualy likes deluxe dining plan?

We did the DxDP with our 4 yr old DD on our recent trip. We wanted to do a lot of character meals and 3 signature meals. We also did the luau one night. We got in on the recent promotion and saved some on our plan. We came out ahead by using the plan. It fit our needs on the trip. We did two meals plus snacks each day. It worked great for us and we would absolutely do it again. We needed the breaks and wanted to meet a lot of characters at the meals versus waiting in lines. I think it depends on each person, what you want out of your trip, and how often you are going. We saved for a while for this trip and probably won't go back for another 2 years. We liked having everything prepaid. We averaged our tip amount and put that on gift cards. We overestimated that and money left over for souvenirs.

We love the deluxe plan and we will be doing it in October with our 2 DD's (12 and 17). We love doing big breakfasts and signature dinners with appetizers, and have snacks the rest of the time. Whether we break even or not I'm not sure but we like the idea of having it paid for before the trip.

I know a lot of people think we are crazy because we have 2 Disney adults that are girls but you wouldn't believe how much girls can eat and they have expensive taste.:dance3:

We did the DxDP with our 4 yr old DD on our recent trip. We wanted to do a lot of character meals and 3 signature meals. We also did the luau one night. We got in on the recent promotion and saved some on our plan. We came out ahead by using the plan. It fit our needs on the trip. We did two meals plus snacks each day. It worked great for us and we would absolutely do it again. We needed the breaks and wanted to meet a lot of characters at the meals versus waiting in lines. I think it depends on each person, what you want out of your trip, and how often you are going. We saved for a while for this trip and probably won't go back for another 2 years. We liked having everything prepaid. We averaged our tip amount and put that on gift cards. We overestimated that and money left over for souvenirs.

That is EXACTLY my plan for our next trip. :) Fingers crossed they offer the same promo or FD next Feb.

disneynanacat said:
Yes, you have until midnight of your check out day to use your credits. I asked here and another site to confirm. I'll be confirming with Disney too before I make the ADRs in April. I've managed to use all of our credits.

We'll have 15 credits. 5 days X 3 credits a day.

Sunday: Late Breakfast at Crystal Palace, dinner California Grill (3)
Monday: Use snack credits for the F&W booths, dinner Tutto Italia (1)
Tuesday: Teppan Edo lunch, Yachtman's Steakhouse dinner (3)
Wednesday: Kona Cafe lunch, Narcoossee's dinner (3)
Thursday: Sci-fi Dine In lunch, Be Our Guest dinner before MNSSHP (2)
Friday: (check out day BLT and check in AKV) breakfast Grand Floridian Cafe, Jiko dinner (3)

Brilliant! If I make it back for F&W, I'm stealing this, including the ADRs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter