Anybody remember the prices for the 2012 Alaska *GT rates?

luv2sleep

DIS Veteran
Desperately seeking another cruise! LOL, I'm going through withdrawals. Oh, yes, it's pathetic. Since I live out west I was thinking of an Alaskan cruise. Anyone remember the actual prices/rates for the IGT/OGT/VGT the summer Alaskan cruises? According to this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988188 there were a few Alaskan cruises with *GT rates.

Bump. :)

I realize now that last year the cruise sailed out of Seattle. This year it's Vancouver. That could influence whether *GT rates come out or not. I'm thinking not actually.

I so wish DCL had stuck with Seattle. That was an easy 4 hour drive for us!

We booked GTY on the last Alaskian cruise out of Seattle last year last minute. It was an amazing $1500

I was told the cancellation date for a late August cruise was mid-April and if I read the policies correctly on cancellation for a non US port, the cancellation window looks like its 119-56 days. So, I hope to see some *OGT by late April. My logic, though likely flawed, is they wait for the cancellation period for all of the Alaska 2013 cruises before they announce *OGT rates. At least I hope they announce some.

Haven't seen any *GT rates on any of the Alaska cruises yet. August tends to be more popular so it's not looking good.

No GT rates out yet. We are sailing on the May 27th,2013 out of Vancouver. The May 27th and June 3rd cat 11C has a price reduction to $999 per person.
Haven't seen any other reductions or GT rates.
We have a 5C GTY and have no cabin assignment yet.

Thnlk said:
We booked GTY on the last Alaskian cruise out of Seattle last year last minute. It was an amazing $1500

So when you say last minute are you talking a month out? A week? Was that for 2? Cause that is crazy good for Disney!

I'm thinking there won't be any because sailing out of Vancouver was more popular than Seattle.

Just check out the first few and the last few cruises. They are cheaper because school is sin session.

I use www.cruisefish.net to check prices. The rates for any specific cruise dates are color coded. If the rate goes up it is in RED if the rate goes down it is in GREEN. Its fun to use this site.
The 5/27/2013 cruise that I am on doesn't have any GT rates offered. Since we are sailing out of Vancouver I agree with the other posters that you might not see GT rates..
The 5/27 and 6/3 cruises out of Vancouver have 11C in GREEN for $999...

Check under "stats" and past prices on www. Cruisefish.net. I just discovered this and really like it. You may find your _questions answered.

I use www.cruisefish.net to check prices. I agree with the other posters that you might not see GT rates..

So according to this site, the ship is 58% full or available for the dates I am looking at. So either way it is roughly 50% full. In fact the majority of them are at about 50%.

I am becoming OCD on this whole GT rate wondering if I should hold out or book. If last years GT rates are any indication there would be some big savings if we waited.

Does anyone remember about how far in advance they came out with these rates?

I use www.cruisefish.net to check prices. I agree with the other posters that you might not see GT rates..

So according to this site, the ship is 58% full or available for the dates I am looking at. So either way it is roughly 50% full. In fact the majority of them are at about 50%.

I am becoming OCD on this whole GT rate wondering if I should hold out or book. If last years GT rates are any indication there would be some big savings if we waited.

aprincessatlast said:

That number means that 58% of the categories have at least 1 cabin available for booking.

*GT rates tend to come out after the paid in full date. Doesn't seem like there will be any for Alaska this year. Some paid in full dates have passed already.

That number means that 58% of the categories have at least 1 cabin available for booking.

*GT rates tend to come out after the paid in full date. Doesn't seem like there will be any for Alaska this year. Some paid in full dates have passed already.

So is the PIF date 120 days for Alaska this year or 75? If it is 120 half of the season PIF dates have passed.:worried:

A pp mentioned they think Disney is waiting until the entire seasons PIF dates pass befor the GT rates come out.:rolleyes1 HMM... sounds like I should wait. LOL

How likely is it that Disney bumps up those who have PIF if GT rates come out?

aprincessatlast said:
So is the PIF date 120 days for Alaska this year or 75? If it is 120 half of the season PIF dates have passed.:worried:

A pp mentioned they think Disney is waiting until the entire seasons PIF dates pass befor the GT rates come out.:rolleyes1 HMM... sounds like I should wait. LOL

How likely is it that Disney bumps up those who have PIF if GT rates come out?

Alaska PIF is usually 120 days (4 mos). At least mine is. They only offer *GT rates if they need to fill the ship for that sail date. This usually happens on less popular cruises. The Vancouver Alaska cruises seem popular. You can wait but if you really want to go I'd book. May and early June are less popular times of the year. If they were going to offer *GT rates they probably would have already. The PIF dates have passed for those. I don't think it's going to happen for July or Aug as those are more popular times to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter