Any word on those great new member perks Ken mentioned at annual meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it irresponsible to start off the new year with such I vague statement. Perks should be decided on for the following year prior to the annual meeting and then should be released at the annual meeting. Anything else else short of that is not acceptable

I agree that they should not have thrown out a vague statement like "we are working on new member perks". It creates an expectation that may not come through. I think they want the members to think they are working for us to get more perks but if they don't come through, it will create anger & disappointment.

As I said earlier, perks are not on an annual basis, they can start any time of the year.

I agree that they should not have thrown out a vague statement like "we are working on new member perks". It creates an expectation that may not come through. I think they want the members to think they are working for us to get more perks but if they don't come through, it will create anger & disappointment.

As I said earlier, perks are not on an annual basis, they can start any time of the year.

And they can end any time.

Oh, I would love that $399 PAP again! Probably a fat chance, but a girl can dream.

"Perks" may not be calendar year, however, "Portable Perks" are, the current one is dated Jan 2013-Dec 31, 2013. As I said, many may still be honored from 2013 and carry over, just have to wait and see once I get there.

You are certainly entitled to your expectations and I mine. As you know mileage may vary.

Agree. The current Portable Perks says 2013.
Therefore, in theory:
- There are no perks now
- They're honoring some or all of the 2013 perks
- The 2014 perks are in place, but not yet posted

I'm going on 2/1, so I hope this is more clear by then. I'm all about discounts ;)

as a new member, I'm not entirely clear on what the portable perks were/are...
But we just went to Disney and received the 10%off everywhere I asked, just about. We bought our AP for 464 each which I thought was still a good bargain off the 604 price!!

as a new member, I'm not entirely clear on what the portable perks were/are...
But we just went to Disney and received the 10%off everywhere I asked, just about. We bought our AP for 464 each which I thought was still a good bargain off the 604 price!

Is $464 including taxes? When we bought APs last month w/ DVC discount it was around $494 including taxes. Did the price drop?

No, I forgot about those darn taxes!

We actually got them for slightly less because of an error on MS/& a computer glitch. We know we were lucky to have that one happen. Anyway, we thought the 494 was still better than the full price!

Our annual passes expire in 2 weeks and I'm holding onto the hope that we can get the $399 deal again. The current DVC renewal for a premium pass is $526.11 and $419.61 for the normal one. My daughter is now 15 and for $500 we probably would spend more time at universal cause they are geared towards older kids while the majority of Disney's attractions are geared for more of the 10 and under group.

New DVC pricing was just announced, maybe the perk was the discount for existing owners?

:earsboy: Bill

I received an email and it is under special offers when you log onto your DVC account.

I really hope that isn't it!!

Maybe the perks are coming out this weekend since the DVC site is down for maint. (Wishful thinking on my part) Ha! Ha!

We'll be at AK on March 2 which is within the 30 day renewal of our expiring AP on Feb 7 - here's hoping that something really great will be offered DVC members or I might just have to attend baseball games x4 days and sit next to the spectacular AK pool for a week :love:

We belatedly booked our Spring Break to WDW when our Destin plans fell through. We already have a June trip booked as well so this means AP's are needed. I would love to get a bigger than normal AP discount. Only one more month before FP+ reservations are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter