Any UK members managed to purchase an AP?

RossK

Mouseketeer
Seems the UK website wasn't updated this morning so it was not possible to get to the AP purchasing system. I managed to get to the correct page using a U.S. VPN, but ultimately it would not let me checkout (assume it could detect my VPN and flagged as fraud). However, now they were in my basket, I was able to discount the VPN and finish the checkout process - but then it just sat on "Please wait while we complete your request" forever... Oh, and I now have almost £6k of pending charges using up my available credit which will probably take a week to fall off. A very frustrating and disappointing experience.

I'm going to guess UK members, for now, will be force to wait several hours on hold for member services to do it over the phone.

Someone told me that the Sorcerer Pass was only available by phone so I called Member Services this evening. Wait was about an hour. Now I just have to figure out how to make park reservations - I think I’ll need a VPN though as it keeps redirecting me to a “Someone ate the page” on the UK site.

Yes I also managed to get through and purchase them yesterday evening. I also had to use a VPN to make park reservations. It’s incredibly frustrating that UK DVC members have been forgotten about. I get we’re a small population - but they should have thought this through…

Has anyone done the maths on buying a 14day ticket and upgrading during their stay to a Sorcerer's Pass?

Would this work if you used a 14day ticket for a holiday over Christmas (blackout dates on Sorcerer's Pass) and then tried to upgrade to a Sorcerer's Pass?

Has anyone done the maths on buying a 14day ticket and upgrading during their stay to a Sorcerer's Pass?

Would this work if you used a 14day ticket for a holiday over Christmas (blackout dates on Sorcerer's Pass) and then tried to upgrade to a Sorcerer's Pass?
Im thinking about doing this too - upgrading that is. I'm just wondering what the price would be if you had the 14 ultimate tix and got the Sorcerer pass?

IF anyone goes during blackout dates then you can still upgrade to an AP but you need to do at the very end of your stay. If you do it before you can't use your new AP because of the blackout dates. By upgrading at the end of the stay you have used whatever days you wanted and are more or less headed home when you upgrade.

Im thinking about doing this too - upgrading that is. I'm just wondering what the price would be if you had the 14 ultimate tix and got the Sorcerer pass?

IF anyone goes during blackout dates then you can still upgrade to an AP but you need to do at the very end of your stay. If you do it before you can't use your new AP because of the blackout dates. By upgrading at the end of the stay you have used whatever days you wanted and are more or less headed home when you upgrade.

no one knows if this is actually the case anymore Due to reports of other members chatting with CMS that say that a ticket used to upgrade to an AP has to be the AP that would have been valid the same days the tickets were used for.

hut, as no one has gone yet….

no one knows if this is actually the case anymore Due to reports of other members chatting with CMS that say that a ticket used to upgrade to an AP has to be the AP that would have been valid the same days the tickets were used for.

hut, as no one has gone yet….
Well makes sense. Prior to COVID if you used your ticket at any of the water parks and wanted to upgrade you had to buy an AP which included the water parks.

Does anybody know if you can make more than 5 park reservations with the Sorcerers AP if you are staying on property using your DVC points for longer than 5 nights? Surely they can’t restrict us to 5 reservations only when we travel for longer. I have a 3 week DVC stay coming up in Jan so was hoping for the 21 night ticket to return but it looks like I may have to go down the AP route which will cost me a lot more :(

Yes I also managed to get through and purchase them yesterday evening. I also had to use a VPN to make park reservations. It’s incredibly frustrating that UK DVC members have been forgotten about. I get we’re a small population - but they should have thought this through…

We have been trying to find out whether us UK DVC members can now purchase AP so that's great news! Can I ask how much the adults pass is with tax?

Many thanks in advance

I don't have the figure to hand - but Florida sales tax is 6% - so the price of the pass +6%. And then of course you need to take in to account not only the exchange rate, but any additional fees your bank or credit card may charge for a foreign transaction (use a fee-free credit card if you can).

I assume that if I currently have a 14 night ultimate ticket and upgrade it to a sorcerers pass on the last day of my vacation that they backdate it from the first day that the ultimate pass was used?

We are headed to BWV for a 4 week stay from July 22nd. Super excited to return We love to be able to wander in and out of parks for a couple of hours (especially Epcot for evening meals ) so the 14 day pass isn't feasible. 21 day would have worked so I am gutted its still not available. I am struggling to understand the DVC annual pass. Just when i thought I knew what i was going for it said Not available Different sites are giving me different information. Help !! thank you

AP sales are on hold, I'm sure they will start again before July but keep an eye on the DVC and ticket threads

Has anyone heard anything more on the annual passes DVC member or otherwise at all? This is a huge issue for us as we will be over for a very lengthy trip fingers crossed. We are really worried about the park reservations system and not having tickets at the mo, if we have to wait too much longer for annual passes to be available we wondering just what the reservation situation will be… in nigh on 2 decades of Disney trips we’ve never felt so stressed 😥 as this is a very special trip due to serious ill health in the family.

Feeling your pain raster. We are booked for a 24 night trip. No way can we afford 2 14 day tickets each unless we give up next year's trip. Like many UK DVCers, we get 2 trips out of one AP which keeps the cost of our holidays down. We've considered loads of other options to fill our days if we only have the 14 day pass but we don't really want to do Universal this year. Our only option may be Seaworld but without a car it will quickly get expensive.

Same here. Have two trips booked this year, after so many previous cancellations due to covid, DH and DS have APs from when the first trip was originally booked for 2020. I had a 21 day ticket that Disney wouldn’t allow me to roll over into another year so I had to get a refund, and now can’t get an AP, so have a 14 day ticket but for the first trip alone I’m there for 21 days. Desperately hoping I can upgrade to an AP when I get there, really can’t afford to be buying more than one ticket 😬

In a recent interview, Chapek discussed how they really loved the reservation system and a “very carefully managed demand ticketing system”, which doesn’t sound like they’re in a rush to bring back APs. 646571

I think this is the issue, Disney Parks feels more under control with the park reservation system and they want more day/week trippers and not a park with lots of Annual Passholders

with ticket price rises coming out this a.m, I had been hopeful there may be mention of APs but nothing as yet...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter