Any tips on a decent side job?

A friend of mine does online English tutoring at https://t.vipkid.com.cn, she loves it.

I have heard several people say how much they love vipkid. It's teaching English to foreigners online. You can do it from home, the hours are flexible, and I think the only main requirement they have is having a degree. I think it pays very well for a side gig too.

Do any of you know how much vipkid pays and how exactly they pay you? Before I give too much personal info to an overseas company, I'd love to know a little more. TIA!!!

Thanks! I believe I'll look into it!

I looked into as well. The hours are just horrible for me, starts at four a.m. for my time zone. I wish I could make it work though, I've heard very good things.

When I graduated from college I tutored math and physics to high school and college students. Made $30 hr and tutored mostly evenings from 6-10. Sometimes I had 2 students and got $50 hr.

I 2nd either babysitting or tutoring...you don't have a ton of available hours, and these will be the most flexible for your availability.

one thing I havent seen mentioned is blogging. This is where you create a blog and social media following and you can get paid to write reviews about products and services. Its huge in the makeup, food and fashion industries but there are so many niches and types of blogs the possibilities are endless. Think of the Kardasians for example, yes I know an extreme example but they are the very top end of bloggers/ social media influencers. They get paid to promote products and services. Anytime you see #ad #spon on a social media post, thats what it means.

Most bloggers are on PR lists. This means they get contacted by PR agencies or Brand / Company PR's and are either sent products to review or get invited to product launches / events etc. Alot of bloggers have what is called a media kit, ie their price list, how much 300 word blog post review costs, how much a number of tweets cost, how much a number of instagram posts cost etc etc.

Are you a fast typist? I have a friend who does auto insurance transcription for Allegis Transcription from home, whenever you want to/can. They pay $1.50 per page with a 100 page per week minimum required.

Are you a fast typist? I have a friend who does auto insurance transcription for Allegis Transcription from home, whenever you want to/can. They pay $1.50 per page with a 100 page per week minimum required.
I'm interested in learning more about this

A friend of mine does online English tutoring at https://t.vipkid.com.cn, she loves it.

I have heard several people say how much they love vipkid. It's teaching English to foreigners online. You can do it from home, the hours are flexible, and I think the only main requirement they have is having a degree. I think it pays very well for a side gig too.

Thank you SO MUCH, guys, for posting about vipkid. I applied the day you mentioned it; and was hired in October. It is literally the best job ever, and if it weren't for you, I would never, ever have heard of it! I am so thankful for random strangers on the internet! You have no idea how this has changed my life! lol I sound like an infomercial.. but it's true! Thank you, thank you!! :-)

Do any of you know how much vipkid pays and how exactly they pay you? Before I give too much personal info to an overseas company, I'd love to know a little more. TIA!!!

There are several YouTube videos on how they pay. Other teachers get money for referrals so they recruit a lot. I thought about signing up but it’s a six month contract you have to sign.

There are several YouTube videos on how they pay. Other teachers get money for referrals so they recruit a lot. I thought about signing up but it’s a six month contract you have to sign.

Thanks, you may have missed my last post, I was actually hired by VIPKID back in October. Literally the best job ever , and no, I do not recruit, nor do you have to. You make your own schedule and work as much or as little as you want. There is no minimum required. I am so indebted to whomever posted about this company!

I'm in the same boat in looking for a side job, so I'm following your thread here. My deal is my full time job just cut my pay by 1/3 and my hours by about 15. I work in journalism, and the newspaper is a dying business I believe. So I'm trying to get out and into something different. For now, I'm going to look for a part-time job until something full time opens up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter