Any rumors about BBB reopening?

I could see BBB opening before we get the majority of other stuff back honestly. Revenue generating services that can be done safely with proper protocol.

I could see BBB opening before we get the majority of other stuff back honestly. Revenue generating services that can be done safely with proper protocol.
Right. I think they can easily wear gloves and a mask while doing makeup and hair. The children on the other hand may not be able to wear a mask but as long as their Godmother does and they are respectively distanced from the other children and chairs I think it would be fine to open. Maybe even just doing it at 1/4 capacity for better distancing control. It's actually going to make or break if we go next year. my daughter is turning 5 when we go and has seen pictures of my older daughter going there (she went 3x) so I'd like to give my youngest that experience before she's too old. So If we have to wait to go then we will.

Salons done responsibly are inherently more safe than some of the indoor restaurants already open at WDW. I don't see a reason why they shouldn't open them. Maybe an age requirement so that it's guaranteed the child keeps their mask on the entire time.

Right. I think they can easily wear gloves and a mask while doing makeup and hair. The children on the other hand may not be able to wear a mask but as long as their Godmother does and they are respectively distanced from the other children and chairs I think it would be fine to open. Maybe even just doing it at 1/4 capacity for better distancing control. It's actually going to make or break if we go next year. my daughter is turning 5 when we go and has seen pictures of my older daughter going there (she went 3x) so I'd like to give my youngest that experience before she's too old. So If we have to wait to go then we will.

I don't see it opening anytime soon since I don't see it high priority to them and those locations are small and cramped. Capacity would be way down. I agree it can be open and be fine, but just don't see it happening till maybe spring at earliest.

I don't see it opening anytime soon since I don't see it high priority to them and those locations are small and cramped. Capacity would be way down. I agree it can be open and be fine, but just don't see it happening till maybe spring at earliest.
Understandable but when I called to book our vacation I inquired about bbb and then got talking to the cast member. She said she used to be a Godmother in training there and made friends with the workers and how heartbroken she is because a lot of those ladies were there forever and now are out of a job. So why are they not open even at 25% capacity while all other salons in the country have been without any trouble? My family and I were fortunate to not lose our jobs during this but I feel so bad for all that have when I feel like most of these places could should be able to be open since kids are still out playing sports hugging and high fiving each other, parties are still happening, schools in session. Peoples who put so much time and effort into their businesses are seeing them crumble. It’s unfortunate.

Understandable but when I called to book our vacation I inquired about bbb and then got talking to the cast member. She said she used to be a Godmother in training there and made friends with the workers and how heartbroken she is because a lot of those ladies were there forever and now are out of a job. So why are they not open even at 25% capacity while all other salons in the country have been without any trouble? My family and I were fortunate to not lose our jobs during this but I feel so bad for all that have when I feel like most of these places could should be able to be open since kids are still out playing sports hugging and high fiving each other, parties are still happening, schools in session. Peoples who put so much time and effort into their businesses are seeing them crumble. It’s unfortunate.
Disney is not like other places around the country. They have shown they are going to be very careful in how the go about this. This isn’t your normal “salon” either. I don’t see this opening anytime soon. They will wait until things are more “normal.”

Disney is not like other places around the country. They have shown they are going to be very careful in how the go about this. This isn’t your normal “salon” either. I don’t see this opening anytime soon. They will wait until things are more “normal.”

I agree.

I also think they will wait until more personal princess experiences are back (character meals, meet & greets, etc.) A lot of people do the makeovers for those kinds of princess experiences.

True. The cast member says they can't do much until Orange County approves. I told her that I thought Disney has their own rules they can go by and she said "no, they have to go by Orange County rules."

True. The cast member says they can't do much until Orange County approves. I told her that I thought Disney has their own rules they can go by and she said "no, they have to go by Orange County rules."
Orange County isn’t preventing them from opening this experience. The only thing Orange County has right now is a mask mandate.

They are doing a refurbishment on at least part of it. Saw a RFP to put in new flooring a few weeks ago. So I would assume not for a while.

Interestingly enough, Shanghai Disneyland's BBB recently reopened. My understanding is that right now it's mostly princess merchandise and a PhotoPass session but they're planning on resuming all the makeover packages and such.

I'm hoping the barbershop opens soon, as my 10 month old son's hair is starting to get long in the back and I desperately want his first haircut to be at Disney. But I'm not hopeful, and prepared to do the cut myself and have his first "professional" cut at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter