Any personalized craft ideas for a newborn?

jacksmom

DIS Veteran
We are expecting our first grandchild in June! :love: A little princess: ! I would love some ideas to celebrate her birth/and decorate her nursery! :cloud9: I am planning on doing a scrapbook for her, but would love to do some other ideas?? :tink: Thanks for any suggestions!

A friend of mine is pregnant and I am cross-stitching here a Winnie the Pooh thing.

It has pooh and piglet sleeping and it says "Sweet dreams little one" It will also have the baby's name, length, weight and place of birth.

Hi,
Congratualtions! Little girl's accessories are my specialty :) I started making hair bows 5 years ago (when my little girl was born with a full head of hair!) I have been selling them on eBay, at home parties and craft fairs for years, so my business has expanded to other things too. Do you sew at all? My cousin just had a baby girl and I had a blast making things for her. Ribbon ruffle socks are so easy! You could add a matching headband and its so cute, and would cost a fortune if you went to buy it in a boutique. You can also add a ribbon ruffle to the hem of a little t- shirt and you have a complete set. I have an embroidery machine so I was able to personalize blankets, bibs and burp cloths, but if you don't you can still make the burp cloths minus the name. You just need cloth diapers (you can get at Walmart) and add any color/pattern 1.5" grosgrain ribbon to the bottom. they are so sweet and inexpensive to do.
If you would to see some pictures let me know, I would more then happy to share :) If you would like instructions on any of these ideas or others P.M. me.
Congratualtions again and good luck!!
Aliisa

Hi Aliisa, I love your ideas! :love: Can't wait to see some picture! :cheer2: I definetaly want to try to make some things! princess: it sounds like it will be fun! Also, where is a good place to buy ribbon? Michaels or Walmart maybe?

I made a personalized quilt for my friend's baby last year. Machine embroidered beatrix potter letters...it was really cute! Too bad I don't have a pic...

it was my very first quilt!

Hi,
Here are a few pictures. I bought the little 4th of July outfit just at Walmart, but I wanted to show how cute it looked with the socks and bow. If she has no hair a headband would be just as cute. There is so much ribbon out there you could make a pair of socks for every outfit. How cute are the Minnie ruffle socks?! I got that ribbon at Walmart, its the cheapest place, but Michaels has a better variety. If you eBay at all its the absolute least expensive place for ribbon- its where I buy most of mine.
I was thinking on the burp cloths, since you don't have an embroidery machine, you could add some really cute iron on appliques above the ribbon- there are so many to choose from. Please Pm me if you need any help, I have some tricks for sealing ribbon ends.
I am so excited for you! :Pinkbounc
Aliisa
100_0953_1148077051.jpg
100_1216_1148077254.jpg
100_1220_1148077255.jpg
100_1221_1148077256.jpg
100_1223_1148077257.jpg
100_1226.jpg

Thanks so much for the pictures! :tigger: I am really excited to try these! They are sooooo cute! I have a friend that I am going to try to talk into helping me (she has a machine to embroider)! :dumbo: I am going to shop for ribbon this weekend! Are the bows very hard to make? :thanks:

Hi,
The bows are not hard to make at all. The little ones I made are the most basic, larger more "loopy" bows with different colors are a little more invoved but still pretty simple once you get the hang of it. You can buy something called the EZ bow maker, they sell it at Michaels or Joanns. It around $10.00, but if you have a coupon thats even better :) I have been making bows for 5 years and have never made a bow without it. It just makes it so simple. Its really just a piece of wood with dowels, but it like having an extra hand. All you need it wire, a barrette, and ribbon and you are all set, they give you the directions for all kinds of bows. There are also bow making directions if you search online. They are so much fun! My little girl has had a bow in her hair since the day she was born :lovestruc
Please fell free to ask if you need help at all!
Aliisa

I still have the quilt that my grandmother made for me. WHen I am sick I take it out and cuddle down into the sofa. My mom made one for my son, so he will be able to do the same thing when he is older. But then quilts are big in my family, I have a friendship quilt my greatgrandmother made. It sort of conects the generations. I had matching curtins that went with my quilt so my bedroom matched.

Our quilts dont have it but I have see one that has bows, ribbon tabs and links that are scattered around the quilt. The ribbon tabs can be used to hold the layers together and then you dont have to actually quilt it. The links allow you to make the quilt into a play area by attaching toys to it and when you need to you can remove them so that the quilt can be used for sleeping. YOu could paint letters, and shapes on the squares to help the child learn or get transfers and put different disney princess: on it so you can start the disney education early.

If you knit my MIL made a teddy bear for our son. It is bigger then he is right now but it is waiting for him to grow up.

Another idea is a christmas stocking if you belive in santa at your house. I am cross stiching a stocking for my son. My grandmother did the same for me and my DH's grandmother knit his.

Enjoy your new grandchild. :sunny:

I am a firm beleiver that every newborn baby should have a handmade item. My mom crochets the most gorgeous blanket, bonnet, sweater and bootie sets.
I have made both of my children very elaborate cross stich birth samplers-it helped that I was on bed rest for most of my pregnancy with both of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter