Any Other Hotels Similar to WBC - Party of 7

jsanders82

Mouseketeer
We are going June 2019. I am starting the process of figuring out what resort we want to stay at. We will not be staying on-site. I really like Wyndham Bonnet Creek but I am curious if there are any other resorts close to WDW that are similar to WBC. I am looking at similar prices of $800ish for 2 bedrooms or $1,100 for 3 beds. I will pay more but that is what I am seeing on Ebay, RedWeek and SkyAuction.

I have looked at VRBO and a few other sites but I can't tell if I am missing another option. We are looking at the 2 or 3 bedroom option - must sleep 8. We need a great pool complex as we will be taking afternoon breaks. I like WBC because it fits this and is super close but I can't tell if there are other resorts that fit this bill and are close to WDW.

My brother (his family) and my mom (+stepdad) will be renting their own units in the same resort.

Anyone know of a great resort out there that I may be missing?

When we stay off site, we either stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek or Vacation Village at Parkway. I think the condos at both places are equally as nice and very similar in size, decor, cleanliness, and activities. Both properties are very close to the parks. We often choose VV@P over WBC because it is a much cheaper option for us (we trade our timeshare for it through RCI & VV@P takes a lot fewer points). VV@P has several pools (some have kid splash pads and one has zero entry) but does not have a pirate pool or lazy river (yet - they are building one). There are no restaurants or bars at VV@P, but there are several restaurants and a Publix right across the street from the resort. We have stayed at VV@P during the summer and the weeks before and after Easter. Neither traffic nor parking has ever been a problem.

VV@P only has 2 bedroom lock off units, so you'd need an A/B unit. Each side sleeps 4 people (king and queen sofa bed in A, queen and queen sofa bed in B). Doors to each side open to a locked vestibule, which is off the main interior hallway of the resort building. You should research VV@P and price it out.

I really like WBC. I've stayed in 1 and 2 bedrooms several times each.
It would always be my first choice.
Nothing will be as close and no others will keep you totally on property when you pull out the drive.
If those are WBC rates they are good for there.

We like Marriot's Residence Inn in Lake Buena Vista.

You can different room configurations. The best one is two queens in one bedroom, a king in another bedroom and a sofa sleeper. This is like an apartment with a living room and a full size kitchen. Each bedroom has a full bathroom.

The included breakfast here is wonderful. The variety is good, too. The swimming pool is okay.

You will not see WBC at those prices for the Summer unless you are extremely lucky. At those prices, Orange Lake is a possibility in a 2BR. 3BR for $1,100 are not that easy either. You have to really look, get a bit lucky, and be willing to compromise. Nothing will be as close as WBC, but other resorts are not that far away either. It really depends on how much you want to spend, what activities and amenities you want in a resort, and where you are willing to compromise (price, locations, size, etc).

You will not see WBC at those prices for the Summer unless you are extremely lucky. At those prices, Orange Lake is a possibility in a 2BR. 3BR for $1,100 are not that easy either. You have to really look, get a bit lucky, and be willing to compromise. Nothing will be as close as WBC, but other resorts are not that far away either. It really depends on how much you want to spend, what activities and amenities you want in a resort, and where you are willing to compromise (price, locations, size, etc).

Why would I not see those prices? I'm genuinely asking. I have been watching the sites for our dates this year and that is what I am seeing. I assumed that the prices this summer would be similar next summer.

I found WBC for the dates of July 22-27, this year, for a two-bedroom at $1185 on Orbitz. You could even split those dates up and save a little extra as well with the promo code.

Why would I not see those prices? I'm genuinely asking. I have been watching the sites for our dates this year and that is what I am seeing. I assumed that the prices this summer would be similar next summer.
First off, you are looking 12 months out. Only few owners could book that far out. Because WBC is a HOT resort, especially during the Summer, owners book those units up quickly. With the change in the upgrade system, owners and megaowners load up on them early. The ONLY way you will see a 2BR unit at WBC in June 2019 for $800 is last minute cancellations within 45 days. That is unlikely because owners can still easily rent those units out at $1,200 a week.

I am not saying it is impossible, it is EXTREMELY unlikely you will get a 2BR at WBC this far out at $800 unless you find an owner that wants to throw away money. Then, you have to take a 12-month risk that they just don't cancel it on you when they know they can get more money easily and just refund your money 11 months later leaving you high and dry. Think about it. Why would I rent you a unit for $800 when I can get $1,200-$1,500 just as easily?

Now, when the 60-day window starts and the free upgrade times start for owners is when you can start to see these $800 rates. They will still try to rent for $1,200, lower it to $1,000 at 45 days maybe, and then down to $800 at the 30-day mark. It is simple supply and demand. Owners know how easily it is to rent WBC. It is easy to find people to rent and it doesn't take much to find someone willing to pay $1,200 for a week.

WBC really must be a great place to stay at. I don't think that I have read much of anything negative about the place.

The only negative I have seen is when Wyndham opens the doors to people that can't afford to buy a timeshare, forces them to attend the timeshare spiel, and eventually they show up at the common areas causing issues. It is few and far between, but it happens. The first instance was showing up at one of the trivia contests and instead of playing fair like everyone else, they were using their phones for all of the answers. Then, when they were disqualified they cause a scene. The next was another trivia contest. Their kids din't know how to swim, but threw them in the pool right after eating. What happens to kids who can't swim, just ate, and being thrown in a pool? That's right, they throw up in it. They say it is the staff and lifeguards responsibility and not their own. At least when we were there, Security managed this group the rest of the time they were there. They were blocked from participating in events and using pools. That caused more scenes, but it was now contained away from people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter