Any other Brits with balances due soon?

PoohBears#1fan

DIS Veteran
Our balance is coming up soon, with today's fantastic announcement it's made me concerned that if we pay the balance we'll stand to lose it as will come under the usual T&Cs.

Those borders are still firmly closed to us and I don't see any opening announcement coming before our balance due date.

Anyone else in this position?

Not just the borders but the testing requirements for vaccinated passengers from outside the US. Even if we could go, that feels like a big hurdle.

Not just the borders but the testing requirements for vaccinated passengers from outside the US. Even if we could go, that feels like a big hurdle.
I need to go and have a read, been at work all day so i've not read through it all yet. Could be the sad answer to my dilemma.

OK initial reaction is that it seems a little unfair that we're forced into the hassle and expense of having to pay for tests, when we're both fully vaccinated (& have been since February) and carry nationally recognised proof BUT the key word there is nationally, I do understand that the US probably doesn't recognise our system.

Whilst not ideal, It's not a deal breaker for me, I"m more worried about losing what I've paid because I can't get into the country to get on the ship.

OK initial reaction is that it seems a little unfair that we're forced into the hassle and expense of having to pay for tests, when we're both fully vaccinated (& have been since February) and carry nationally recognised proof BUT the key word there is nationally, I do understand that the US probably doesn't recognise our system.

Whilst not ideal, It's not a deal breaker for me, I"m more worried about losing what I've paid because I can't get into the country to get on the ship.
I’ll await more guidance on the testing - the main issue for me is if it has to be done in the country of the departure port prior to sailing as it would mean arriving significantly earlier.

Sky news is just reporting that the US is not lifting the travel ban on UK “at this point” following a senior level White House meeting on Friday :(

I don’t have to make a decision on our cruise until late Oct this year. Our PIF date.
However, I’m on the WBPC March 2022 sailing out of Louisiana. A state with a very poor vaccine take up.
So effectively I’m flying into a riskier state myself double jabbed with AZ not recognised as acceptable in the USA at the moment. Plus borders are closed to us and shows no sign of opening.
And yet DCL like other cruise lines are not insisting upon passengers being fully vaccinated as I don’t believe that they can in the USA unlike their staycations here, therefore we are being treated in exactly the same way as non vaccinated by all having to have a PCR test prior to travel.
I do believe that AZ has proved its worth in reducing deaths and serious illness over here and it does offer good protection.
So it alarms me more being in an area prior to sailing and onboard with what could be large numbers of positive or asymptomatic cases that develop after the PCR tests have been taken rather than the risk I’d be to others. I don’t think the borders will open by my PIF date but if they do I’m not sure that I’d even want to sail under the current rules if they are still in place. This might be illogical but I’m considering cancelling if the situation hasn’t changed by the PIF date.

And yet DCL like other cruise lines are not insisting upon passengers being fully vaccinated as I don’t believe that they can in the USA unlike their staycations here, therefore we are being treated in exactly the same way as non vaccinated by all having to have a PCR test prior to travel.
Just to clarify: The state of Florida passed a law forbidding businesses from requiring proof of vaccination. This affects the Dream cruises leaving from Port Canaveral. This particular law applies only in Florida.

Disney Cruise Line has not yet announced what the vaccination requirements and review process will be for ships leaving from Louisiana, Texas, or California -- they may be the same as the announced Dream policies, or they may be different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!