Any news on increased restrictions

Dawn Dis

Mouseketeer
Now that Covid cases are climbing does anyone have any insight on what changes may be coming bro DisneyWorld?
We are traveling the last week of August and already have had park reservations for months. I am concerned with Disney reversing their "no mask needed" policy that they may actually again limit capacity. I know last time they cancelled all Dining reservations and people had to start from scratch With limited availability.
I was hoping someone on here would have some insight on what changes we can expect and when that may happen.
thanks in advance for any help!

As of now only added restriction is mask wearing indoors. Florida had the most new cases yesterday since the start of the pandemic and now the most hospitalizations so things may change. I could see Disney letting it ride out a little longer to see if that changes before cutting capacity again though.

So take this with a huge grain of salt, but 2 days ago I checked August availability and only one day had DHS closed to AP holders - and that was it. Today, this entire week has some restrictions on parks (DHS and MK) for some level of ticket. So either there was a huge number of reservations for MK and DHS by resort guests, AP holders, and/or regular theme park tickets in the last 2 days, or Disney pulled back a bit. I doubt they'd make a grand announcement if they pulled back on capacity.

Also remember, the further you get in August, the more the crowds tend to fall in any year. Schools start going back soon (I think Orange goes back August 10).

We are supposed to go in early Sept but I'm expecting things to continue going backwards. Who knows what this month will bring... I do hope to see social distancing back in place and limited capacity in restaurants again. I will probably cancel if that doesn't happen.

With the cases rising again, I'm worried with Disney not hiring back more Cast Members. I feel that ones that are working now are having to do the jobs of 4 people at once. I hope they continue to get support from Disney hiring back more people.

With the cases rising again, I'm worried with Disney not hiring back more Cast Members. I feel that ones that are working now are having to do the jobs of 4 people at once. I hope they continue to get support from Disney hiring back more people.

Do you have a reason to believe that Disney is not hiring back more Castmembers?

Now that Covid cases are climbing does anyone have any insight on what changes may be coming bro DisneyWorld?
We are traveling the last week of August and already have had park reservations for months. I am concerned with Disney reversing their "no mask needed" policy that they may actually again limit capacity. I know last time they cancelled all Dining reservations and people had to start from scratch With limited availability.
I was hoping someone on here would have some insight on what changes we can expect and when that may happen.
thanks in advance for any help!

I made the decision this morning to move my trip from the last week of August to November. Kind of a bummer.

I don't think they had increased all the way back so maybe this go around they won't have to do the big cancel/rebook thing.

I wouldn’t be concerned about Disney not hiring more CMs. In fact, the CMs that are working now are having problems getting hours.
If the CMs working now are having problems getting hours, wouldn’t that be a sign that they feel they don’t need more CMs?

Do you have a reason to believe that Disney is not hiring back more Castmembers?
They just finished a huge online hiring event yesterday (Jul 31st). Tons of roles: culinary, housekeeping, food & beverage, life guards etc. Zero reason to believe they aren’t hiring. In fact, since at least May there have been 40-50 jobs/week posted related to WDW.

If the CMs working now are having problems getting hours, wouldn’t that be a sign that they feel they don’t need more CMs?
It’s a supply and demand issue. They need to hire more to open more. But for CMs to consistently get more hours, more needs to be open. They’re in that awkward stage. But as the last closed hotels open in the coming months (AKL at the end of Aug, POR and POFQ in Oct etc…), as entertainment offerings return, and more restaurants open that will start to ease the issue of lacking hours.

It’s a supply and demand issue. They need to hire more to open more. But for CMs to consistently get more hours, more needs to be open. They’re in that awkward stage. But as the last closed hotels open in the coming months (AKL at the end of Aug, POR and POFQ in Oct etc…) that will ease the issue of lacking hours.
Got it; thank you!

I know there are still several areas where Cast Members are still working mandatory sixth day OT. They also need to hire enough people now and train them so they have them available for when they open up something. So CM’s working at All Star Movies might not get a lot of hours in August, but when All Star Music opens next month half of them may be moved there and they’ll all be working mandatory sixth days for several months until more CM’s are hired to work at both resorts.

I just dropped my sister off for the Disney College Program on Monday, and more CPs are scheduled to arrive every week through September. Between her and her 3 roommates, 2 are working in the parks and 2 are working in resorts, with 3 of them being in food service and 1 in merch. She starts working/on-site training August 9th, exactly 2 weeks after her apartment move-in date, so I expect the full extent of the DCP hires to be most noticeable just before October 1st.

So take this with a huge grain of salt, but 2 days ago I checked August availability and only one day had DHS closed to AP holders - and that was it. Today, this entire week has some restrictions on parks (DHS and MK) for some level of ticket. So either there was a huge number of reservations for MK and DHS by resort guests, AP holders, and/or regular theme park tickets in the last 2 days, or Disney pulled back a bit. I doubt they'd make a grand announcement if they pulled back on capacity.

Also remember, the further you get in August, the more the crowds tend to fall in any year. Schools start going back soon (I think Orange goes back August 10).
Both of these. I don't think they would cut capacity to the point where they would cancel existing park pass reservations but I could definitely see them, and in fact expect to see them, cut capacity to slightly more then whatever they have sold for their busiest day and the only way we would see it is because availability would disappear from the calendar.

Similarly I think the only way they will publicly announce anything is if they completely close the parks again, which I see no chance of unless they were forced to by governmental decree. The only way we'll find out about capacity cuts or closures/non-openings of rides/shows/resorts/restaurants is from an eyewitness report i.e. a DIS'er like Hoodie checks park capacity and reports it has disappeared, a DIS'er at the park reports that something that was supposed to be open isn't or a DIS'er reports that Disney contacted them to switch their resort or dining reservation.

They are bringing back the college students and they have to give them the hours that others had. They will continue to hire and still not work everyone. My friend who works at Disney Springs got scheduled for only one day. I belong to a group and lots of people are asking for shifts. Example: “Picking shift Friday 30, Saturday 31 and Sunday 1
🙂
🙂
🙂
any shift!!!!!” Someone else said her husband works housekeeping and didn’t get scheduled.

Both of these. I don't think they would cut capacity to the point where they would cancel existing park pass reservations but I could definitely see them, and in fact expect to see them, cut capacity to slightly more then whatever they have sold for their busiest day and the only way we would see it is because availability would disappear from the calendar.

What is Disney going to do in the next few months? I find it impossible to guess when they are already past benchmarks that would have triggered closure if they were located in my region.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter