Any news on discounts or codes for Polynesian?

RebYork

Reb York
I keep hearing that you should never pay full rack room price at Disney Resorts. But unless I’ve missed it I haven’t seen any discounts for the Polynesian for our trip in May. Could someone help me out with news or advice.

The sentiment that you shouldnt pay rack rate has historically been pretty accurate, but we're in a unique market environment right now. Discounts are fewer right now and are more limited. I don't keep up on discount specifics, but anecdotally I've heard that demand at the Polynesian has been consistently extremely high ever since it reopened from the renovation and therefore discounts there have been very hard to come by. I could be wrong but I think it has been excluded from all of the recent broadly-advertised Disney room rate discounts, including the current promo. Disney is currently now able to highly target their discounts to get occupancy up at resorts that need a bit of a boost.

I'm reserved there in November and I'm unfortunately no longer holding my breath for a discount. Hoping I'll get lucky, but not expecting it.

Thanks for the reply and I totally understand the situation this year. Maybe something will be available soon. If not, we will still enjoy our stay at the Polynesian.

Renting points or snagging a confirmed DVC reservation might be cheaper, but it might be too short term to do that for May. Also canx policy on room booked w Disney is easier. But still DVC points in future might be worth looking into.

I just saw a discount for resorts from late April to summer. You might go to WDW website to see if any work for you.

The current public offer excludes Polynesian. Since the Moana refurb it has been the most popular deluxe resort and you won’t see discounts there for awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter