Any new news about fast pass plus?

Are people only seeing the fp+ option on their apps, or can you see it on my experience computer version as well?

i have been off the boards for a while and am really :confused3 behind.

please explain this new fast pass to me. i have used fast pass for yrs. and sometimes it works great;) and sometimes it does not. but that is not disney's fault. is this anything like the universal pass? that does not apply to all rides. would it be available with all aps? i sure hope so.:goodvibes what about existing aps?

please explain this new fast pass to me. i have used fast pass for yrs. and sometimes it works great;) and sometimes it does not. but that is not disney's fault. is this anything like the universal pass? that does not apply to all rides. would it be available with all aps? i sure hope so.:goodvibes what about existing aps?

Fastpass+ will essentially help you plan your day by virtually grabbing up your FPs for you before you leave home. You would be given options of rides and parades and character meets you plan on going on during which day, and your itinerary will be put together so you have the least amount of waiting/line time and your Fastpasses are ready for you when you start your day. If you have ever used Touring Plans, it is essentially Disney's version. It eliminates the need to rush to one big attraction at rope drop, or worry of not getting a Fastpass during the day if they are all gone.

LOL! You are a current day DIS gem (vs my irrelevant old fogie rantings).

Walmart it seems is in some trouble due to it's corporate shenanigans...One can only hope Disney will feel some of that runoff but it seems doubtful. Shareholders: Don't allow the board to be a rubber stamp!

Who runs from FP to FP? Only people who don't get it ... The blame or concern should be with Disney for intentionally creating these "crises" situations. You know what I'm talking about.

As for the real world vs Disney. Disney was always our go to getaway (living on a small island requires 'something'). But our real vacations, our real family memories occurred in places like Aruba, San Francisco, The Grand Canyon, Bonaire, DC, Tucson, AZ, NY, Curacao, Sedona, The Bahamas, Monterey, CA, and even adult destinations like Las Vegas and Napa Valley (where the kids needs were always first priority).

Disney is ingrained in all of us BUT the truly great memories of our travels are by no means as one dimensional as just Disney. And looking in retrospect I can honestly say that the real world experiences have proven more valuable in our kids growth as human beings, although their Disney memories certainly have kept a certain 'fantasy' alive in their beings ... How's that?
~Mr. Pirate, you are very smooth. I was not expecting this -- I just love your post. :lovestruc You write & articulate words so beautifully. Stop this. :rotfl: Anyway, how could I forget about you & your fabulous "ocean pier?!?" I'm sure this lifestyle helped to broaden your perspective as it relates to "vacation."

~"Who runs from FP to FP?" Unfortunately, I do! But, not for long! Buh-bye, old fp's! I guess I don't "get it." What am I missing?

~So, in summation, the gist of your post defines Disney World as 'fantasy' and not 'real.' In contrast, all other destinations outside of "Disney" such as Las Vegas are considered 'real' vacations. Is this correct, Mr. Pirate? How do you come to that conclusion? Why do you consider Disney vacations to be "less" valuable?

I was lucky enough to do a Fastpass+ Trial when I was in WDW in December 2012. They were just in the beginning stages and most of the RFID scanners were malfunctioning. I'm sure they are just making sure those kinks are gone. It was honestly so great that I would be very bummed if it wasn't available by my next trip in September - I felt very spoiled using it!
~Thanks so much for the update! I can't wait to try it! :goodvibes

Are people only seeing the fp+ option on their apps, or can you see it on my experience computer version as well?
~I've only noticed FP+ on the app.

~Well, you're just in time. We're all in the same boat, just waiting for more details to be released. So far, we have nothing. :( --->Here<--- is an informative link that offers more insight into Fastpass Plus.

Fastpass+ will essentially help you plan your day by virtually grabbing up your FPs for you before you leave home. You would be given options of rides and parades and character meets you plan on going on during which day, and your itinerary will be put together so you have the least amount of waiting/line time and your Fastpasses are ready for you when you start your day. If you have ever used Touring Plans, it is essentially Disney's version. It eliminates the need to rush to one big attraction at rope drop, or worry of not getting a Fastpass during the day if they are all gone.
~Excellent post!

Thanks for the kind words. We have a mutual admiration club going, I would say!:thumbsup2

Re: Running from FP to FP. It is simply timing and prioritizing. It is true the recent adherence to the time window hurt my style but thus far I'm not getting shut out. Of course I just won't go or simply leave if it's too busy.:lmao:

Re: Vacation. Disney is all fantasy. We are cocooned inside the magic walls (real and imagined) with a Disney soundtrack following us. A clean, seemingly safe and sterile environment. There is beauty and wonder around every corner and the place is full of people, mostly families all looking for and soaking up the same aura.

Las Vegas is the one place I mentioned that I shouldn't have because collectively they are attempting to corral the masses in much the same way as Disney. Mea culpa.

Don't get me wrong, I am not diminishing the Disney experience. They do what they do really well and I am appreciative that I was able to escape my beach for their fantasy quite a lot BUT a real world vacation can provide much more in the way of fulfillment, especially when raising kids, IMO. Having them see the great and sometimes not so great still within the family cocoon gives them an experience that is fun, exciting, full of wonder and some puzzlement and probably much more useful in their development as new people. Again, this is JMO.

I only mean to express my amazement in the number of people who ONLY do this type of vacation (Disney, universal, sea world, etc) to the exclusion of the real world. There are lots of really, really great things to see and do out there!:dance3:

nothing official, so we're all effectively speculating, but it was announced that people that purchase APs starting March 20 will get RFID cards rather than the paper tickets we've had up until now, and guests that already have paper APs can upgrade them to RFID until May 19.

It's the end date that I find interesting -- is May 19 the target date for magic bands for AP holders? Hard to imagine that they'd go back to paper tickets, so that would be the logical step to take from there.

I was at the new RFID enty at MK ( with my AP paper ticket) I asked the CM with the scanner about the AP Magic Bands and he said sometime in May. that would go right along with the May 19th timeline!;)

We're have trips planned in May and Sept but haven't heard anything from Diney about it :(

Thanks for the kind words. We have a mutual admiration club going, I would say!:thumbsup2

Re: Running from FP to FP. It is simply timing and prioritizing. It is true the recent adherence to the time window hurt my style but thus far I'm not getting shut out. Of course I just won't go or simply leave if it's too busy.:lmao:

Re: Vacation. Disney is all fantasy. We are cocooned inside the magic walls (real and imagined) with a Disney soundtrack following us. A clean, seemingly safe and sterile environment. There is beauty and wonder around every corner and the place is full of people, mostly families all looking for and soaking up the same aura.

Las Vegas is the one place I mentioned that I shouldn't have because collectively they are attempting to corral the masses in much the same way as Disney. Mea culpa.

Don't get me wrong, I am not diminishing the Disney experience. They do what they do really well and I am appreciative that I was able to escape my beach for their fantasy quite a lot BUT a real world vacation can provide much more in the way of fulfillment, especially when raising kids, IMO. Having them see the great and sometimes not so great still within the family cocoon gives them an experience that is fun, exciting, full of wonder and some puzzlement and probably much more useful in their development as new people. Again, this is JMO.

I only mean to express my amazement in the number of people who ONLY do this type of vacation (Disney, universal, sea world, etc) to the exclusion of the real world. There are lots of really, really great things to see and do out there!
:dance3:
~I totally agree with this, Pirate! Do you still like WDW? How often do you visit? I visit WDW, once a year for a week including travel days, that's all. With that said, I've made plans for this year but they aren't ironclad. Do you still get excited about Disney vacations? Sometimes, I think people overdo Disney with multiple trips per year, for week(s) at a time and become burned out -- so it's beneficial for them to take a break from Disney for a while.

We had hoped the FP+ would be up and operational by the time our June 13th trip rolls around, but I guess I can temper my enthusiasm for that. Oh, well.:confused3

As for the other thing is this thread, I agree that's possible to "overdo" Disney. This summer will be our 3rd trip in 3 years, but we know our schedules the next few years won't allow it, so any fatigue we might have after this trip will give us plenty of time to recharge.

We also go to Vegas twice a year. We spend the 4th week doing something else, like a cruise, the beach, or a city we haven't been to before.

Personally, I work with a bunch of humorless people whose lives revolve around work and nothing else, so when we travel, Disney and Vegas are the perfect spots where we don't have to think. Just have fun and play everything by ear.

Just my 2 cents...

We had hoped the FP+ would be up and operational by the time our June 13th trip rolls around, but I guess I can temper my enthusiasm for that. Oh, well.:confused3

As for the other thing is this thread, I agree that's possible to "overdo" Disney. This summer will be our 3rd trip in 3 years, but we know our schedules the next few years won't allow it, so any fatigue we might have after this trip will give us plenty of time to recharge.

We also go to Vegas twice a year. We spend the 4th week doing something else, like a cruise, the beach, or a city we haven't been to before.

Personally, I work with a bunch of humorless people whose lives revolve around work and nothing else, so when we travel, Disney and Vegas are the perfect spots where we don't have to think. Just have fun and play everything by ear.

Just my 2 cents...

So you're well versed and that is good, IMO.

Your comment about working with humorless workaholics made me cringe! I hope somehow, some way that changes for you.

~I totally agree with this, Pirate! Do you still like WDW? How often do you visit? I visit WDW, once a year for a week including travel days, that's all. With that said, I've made plans for this year but they aren't ironclad. Do you still get excited about Disney vacations? Sometimes, I think people overdo Disney with multiple trips per year, for week(s) at a time and become burned out -- so it's beneficial for them to take a break from Disney for a while.

Sure I still like WDW a lot but I am less forgiving now that my kids are older and the focus is no longer on them. I can see the forest for the trees.

I do not like the money grubbing every/any compny they have become. I much preferred the simpler time when beiing better than everyone else and making quality (anything) was the way to meet their goals. I hate the hype, hype, hype...

Just my 2 cents...
~Great post! I agree with you. When it comes to Disney, it's all about fun! Las Vegas is a two night getaway, I'm typically bored by day three. Actually, the majority of my trips are 3-4 nights and honestly a week at Disney is too long for me, I prefer 5 days.

So you're well versed and that is good, IMO.

Your comment about working with humorless workaholics made me cringe! I hope somehow, some way that changes for you.
~Wow!!! Unfortunately, we all can't live in paradise, Mr. Pirate. This lavish, laid back ocean pier lifestyle of yours, irritates me -- every time I think about this, it makes me sad. I want to go to the waters, Pirate!!! :sad:

Sure I still like WDW a lot but I am less forgiving now that my kids are older and the focus is no longer on them. I can see the forest for the trees.

I do not like the money grubbing every/any compny they have become. I much preferred the simpler time when beiing better than everyone else and making quality (anything) was the way to meet their goals. I hate the hype, hype, hype...
~Awww, I remember a simpler time, too. :hug: It was during my childhood! But, since then 'everything' has changed -- everywhere. By this logic, you would hate everything, right??? But, who am I fooling -- Disney has changed drastically over the years. You are messing with my perspective -- if I looked at Disney the way you do, I would stop going altogether! With that said, I have had to adjust (lower) my expectations when it comes to WDW. But, I still don't think you have to be the "stupid tourist" in order to enjoy all that WDW has to offer. I'm sure you agree, otherwise you wouldn't be here. Right??? pirate: :goodvibes

~

~Wow!!! Unfortunately, we all can't live in paradise, Mr. Pirate. This lavish, laid back ocean pier lifestyle of yours, irritates me -- every time I think about this, it makes me sad. I want to go to the waters, Pirate!!! : :goodvibes

I realize being a disney local "messes with perspective" and so does becoming an empty nester! LOL. And time changes everything, just not as fast as things have changed at Disney (which is my gripe after all, right?). Perhaps that is just my problem...:crazy2:

As for my life on the beach. I absolutely won't complain but lest you think all is just peachy all of the time. We do deal with nearshore pollution. We have one road in and out for 110 miles that gets pretty darned clogged this time of year. We had a "contract" hit attempt recently. While my house is merely 20 yards from the ocean, how do you think we feel during hurricane season (which is six months)? And lastly, most of the "locals" are no longer locals ... They've all relocated (it's not as laid back as it once was).pirate:

There, now I hope you can sleep better and realize that "paradise" doesn't really exist. :p

Drdisneymd, it is truly nice talking to you.:thumbsup2

I realize being a disney local "messes with perspective" and so does becoming an empty nester! LOL. And time changes everything, just not as fast as things have changed at Disney (which is my gripe after all, right?). Perhaps that is just my problem...:crazy2:

As for my life on the beach. I absolutely won't complain but lest you think all is just peachy all of the time. We do deal with nearshore pollution. We have one road in and out for 110 miles that gets pretty darned clogged this time of year. We had a "contract" hit attempt recently. While my house is merely 20 yards from the ocean, how do you think we feel during hurricane season (which is six months)? And lastly, most of the "locals" are no longer locals ... They've all relocated (it's not as laid back as it once was).pirate:

There, now I hope you can sleep better and realize that "paradise" doesn't really exist. :p

Drdisneymd, it is truly nice talking to you.
:thumbsup2
~This sounds like paradise! Pirate, you can dumb it down all you want, but I know ocean front living & I belong near the waters! :sad: I had to google "contract hit attempt", lol. Is this really a big deal? Where I live people just "get shot" -- contract or not, sad but true. :( I live about fifty miles from one of the most dangerous cities in the world, and I live in one of the largest college towns, so there's never a dull moment. It's so cold and gray today, want to trade, Pirate? And, why have you stopped posting? While, I don't agree with 99% of what you say, I wish you would stick around a little more!!! Good-bye, Pirate! :( :hug:

Just wait until the Fantasmic! Fastpass+ info gets leaked :blush: then you'll have some new news to talk about
~Oh come on... this is not okay, buzz!!! Spill the beans or else... this inquiring mind wants to know. :rotfl:

~This sounds like paradise! Pirate, you can dumb it down all you want, but I know ocean front living & I belong near the waters! :sad: I had to google "contract hit attempt", lol. Is this really a big deal? Where I live people just "get shot" -- contract or not, sad but true. :( I live about fifty miles from one of the most dangerous cities in the world, and I live in one of the largest college towns, so there's never a dull moment. It's so cold and gray today, want to trade, Pirate? And, why have you stopped posting? While, I don't agree with 99% of what you say, I wish you would stick around a little more!!! Good-bye, Pirate! :( :hug:

~Oh come on... this is not okay, buzz!!! Spill the beans or else... this inquiring mind wants to know. :rotfl:

Thought that was public knowledge about fantasmic, MSEP and Illuminations. FP for seating areas. I guess I didn't know that was top secret.

My thought on the "May 19th" end date is:

1) It is a 60 day period that they have announced...good, round number...

2) By then, they will hopefully be able to deal with it at the ticket booths...

3) MagicBands might finally be out by then.

Nah, I won't trade. My daughters at school in upstate NY and I'll live the northern life through her for now. I already did my cold and gray lifestyle in northern Michigan!:beach:

As for the dangers, the hit was just an example of paradise on our little Island of 10,000. For real world we need only wait for the weekend or travel up to Miami (a ghastly place).:scared1:

As for my posting, well, you seem to enjoy my musings yet disagree with 99%. Most around here agree with you on one point and disagree on the other. I really have little to offer and little will to fight. I once was a HUGE, really HUGE Disney defender but the rose colored glasses no longer fit.:3dglasses

Thought that was public knowledge about fantasmic, MSEP and Illuminations. FP for seating areas. I guess I didn't know that was top secret.
~Thanks, KELLY! I read about this a while back, and I knew about the fireworks. I was expecting something more sinister, I suppose. But, what was I thinking? This is Disney! That grumpy pirate is rubbing off on me -- I think! :rotfl: :goodvibes

Nah, I won't trade. My daughters at school in upstate NY and I'll live the northern life through her for now. I already did my cold and gray lifestyle in northern Michigan!:beach:

As for the dangers, the hit was just an example of paradise on our little Island of 10,000. For real world we need only wait for the weekend or travel up to Miami (a ghastly place).:scared1:

As for my posting, well, you seem to enjoy my musings yet disagree with 99%. Most around here agree with you on one point and disagree on the other. I really have little to offer and little will to fight. I once was a HUGE, really HUGE Disney defender but the rose colored glasses no longer fit.
:3dglasses
~Yeah, but I see you won't trade -- actions speak louder, Pirate! Miami, I'll take it (just in tiny doses at The Setai), every dense urban environment has its share of blight & crime.

~And, I don't enjoy your musings, I *love* them! You have such a way with words, even if they are wrong, I can read them all day! :lovestruc Anything and I mean anything is better than those ludicrous FP+ rants. At least, your posts have a ring of truth to it. You can't leave me now, Mr. Pirate. I want to learn more about Disney & Walmart! pirate:

~OMG, you lived Northern Michigan! I know nothing about Michigan, nothing! :sad: Like you, I was also a huge Disney defender. I've downgraded a little, but Disney is still number one. Beach vacations, like most others are just a few nights and I'm not a cruise line person. There is no place else that provides as much as Disney World, imo. But, I might feel differently if I lived in paradise!

Nothing is final yet with Fantasmic! Fastpass+ except for the fact that 80% of the theater will be FP or Dining package seating..
~Wow, I don't know what to say, 80% is a lot. I guess it could eliminate the long wait and hassle for the shows, we'll see. Thanks so much for the update, buzz! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter