Any New Info about the Disney Treasure?

That's one reason why I love the Fantasy. No dinner shows outside of the Animation Magic which is nothing compared to other dinner shows. I am afraid during a future dry dock the fantasy will replace EG and it will become a dinner venue with a show.

Another thing I've noticed recently with the Wish and Dry docks is that every new venue is based on a movie/show. I wish Disney could be creative again and design original venues not based on movies. I love Disney but it seems they a relying on movies for everything now. Maybe I am in the minority here, but I think finding the little Disney details around the ship is better than being surrounded by Disney Theming everywhere you go.
Haven’t sailed Wish, not in any hurry to do so, but I completely agree with you. There is a too-heavy dependence on existing IP, in my opinion. It’s getting very old in the parks. Unless they stop doing that, we’ll never get another Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Space Mountain, or Jungle Cruise. Same idea with the ships. There are some really wonderful places that are not tied to IP - Enchanted Garden being one. Love Europa on the Fantasy.

Sweet on You is another example of overt Disney theming on the Fantasy and it's pretty great. I really don't get the hate for Disney theming in Disney parks and on Disney ships. It just doesn't make sense to me.
It’s because Disney rides used to inspire movies now everything is based off a movie. There is no creativity anymore.

It’s because Disney rides used to inspire movies now everything is based off a movie. There is no creativity anymore.
So, creating a ride and then using that as inspiration for a movie is creative, but creating a movie and then using that as inspiration for a ride isn't? That doesn't make any sense.

So, creating a ride and then using that as inspiration for a movie is creative, but creating a movie and then using that as inspiration for a ride isn't? That doesn't make any sense.
Yes, seems like many of the classic rides were inspired by movies - Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, Alice in Wonderland in Disneyland, Toy Story themed rides, Star Wars themed rides. Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean are rides that inspired movies - what others? I can think of more rides that were inspired by movies than the other way around.

Disney didn’t create Marvel or Star Wars.

The point is that „Disney“ isn’t a theme. The 4 old ships were themed to be oceanliners. Animal Kingdom Lodge is themed to be a safari lodge. Having Mary Poppins decor in the Grand Floridian is decor. Putting big plastic figures in the court yards at Art of Animation is decor.

Theming means that the environment is trying to emulate another real or fictional place. Decor is adding Disney characters to the walls.

With that, I do think from what I have read that the restaurants on the Wish are themed, not merely decorated.

But I think the issue here is that while old school Disney theming was more a general place, the very specific, tied to one movie theming, is what creates a lot of critic. Not everyone likes every movie, so anyone who doesn’t like Elsa and Anna will have issues with that restaurant.

Also, the more general theming is more open in its storytelling. You can create your own African adventure storyline while staying at AKL. Arrendele is always the same place from a couple of movies. And that’s where the story ends. It’s less open to interpretation.

I do think there is a place for both things, but I feel like currently Disney is building too much of the closed Storytelling stuff. I don’t like how self referential they have become and wonder if some of the great attractions would even get built today like Big Thunder Mountain, Disneyland Paris‘ original Space Mountain, Spaceship Earth…

I do think there is a place for both things, but I feel like currently Disney is building too much of the closed Storytelling stuff. I don’t like how self referential they have become and wonder if some of the great attractions would even get built today like Big Thunder Mountain, Disneyland Paris‘ original Space Mountain, Spaceship Earth…
I believe, nowadays, when Disney build a new park, they are bold enough to try new original things. However, when it comes to park expansions, Disney can only build movie-based themed lands. The newest park- Shanghai Disneyland opened in June 2016. There are many original theming lands and rides in Shanghai Disneyland. Adventure Isle of Shanghai Disneyland is based on a fictional tribe Arbori and the two rides of Adventure Isle: Roaring Rapids and Soaring Over the Horizon are themed after the Arbori culture and mythology. Tomorrowland of Shanghai Disneyland has a unique Cyberpunk theme. Even though the main ride TRON roller coaster is based on the movie, I think it is not the closed storytelling because most of the visitors are not familiar with the original movie. But with the expansions, Shanghai got Toy Story Land and Zootopia Land both based on popular IP.

I believe, nowadays, when Disney build a new park, they are bold enough to try new original things. However, when it comes to park expansions, Disney can only build movie-based themed lands. The newest park- Shanghai Disneyland opened in June 2016. There are many original theming lands and rides in Shanghai Disneyland. Adventure Isle of Shanghai Disneyland is based on a fictional tribe Arbori and the two rides of Adventure Isle: Roaring Rapids and Soaring Over the Horizon are themed after the Arbori culture and mythology. Tomorrowland of Shanghai Disneyland has a unique Cyberpunk theme. Even though the main ride TRON roller coaster is based on the movie, I think it is not the closed storytelling because most of the visitors are not familiar with the original movie. But with the expansions, Shanghai got Toy Story Land and Zootopia Land both based on popular IP.
Yes, Adventure Isle is a great example for the type of theming I meant. A lot of Tokyo Disney Sea as well. And Animal Kingdom.

As I said both can be wonderful. I love Pandora at AK despite having no interest in the Avatar movies. I feel that land did well in providing IP and new things to explore in your own.

When I logged in this morning and saw that I had three pages of unread content I thought some news about the Treasure dropped, but it appears that this thread has become a referendum on the Wish.
Yup. One of THE most divisive topics on the boards. Some like it, others don't. I guess that's why they make menus.

Why do you want Disney theming at every venue? I think it's better without all the Disney Theming you see on the Wish. I like how the older ships used Disney theming in subtle ways.
I didn't even notice Disney Theming on the Wish TBH. I thought Nightingales and The Rose was just as great as Skyline or Keys

So, based upon the Wish now going through and updating the elevator button panels it may be safe to say that the Treasure will not have the same situation as the Wish.
It may be. Or they could have already installed the same ones on the Treasure and the construction manager is more concerned about delivering on time and letting the change out go until afterwards.

I would assume some small changes like the elevator panel would be addressed, but many of the issues frequently raised here ("poor layout", only two elevator banks) I seriously doubt they're looking into--or even capable of substantially changing. Based on other cruise lines that order multiple ships in the same class, you tend to see fairly small tweaks.

The MSC Seaside class is an interesting one: halfway thru that generation of ships, they added a 3rd level of their ship-within-a-ship "Yacht Club", similar to Disney's Concierge. Since these customers tend to be the most profitable and since Disney appears to have no trouble selling out Concierge on their ships, I wouldn't be surprised if they've expanded the Concierge space on the Treasure. I don't think they will, but if Disney were to make any substantial changes to the Treasure, that would be the type of change I'd look for.

The only recent example we have from DCL is the Dream class. They made some pretty significant changes to the Fantasy based on feedback from the Dream, then went back and updated the Dream, too. Don't be too surprised if they do the same thing with the Triton class ships.

I’d love this. Mix in a few longer Caribbean cruises outside of summer. I’d also love the Fantasy to go to San Diego as I’d love a PC cruise on her.
Same. If they ever announce a PC cruise on the Fantasy, that'll be a "take my money" moment, regardless of how pricey it is!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter