Any MISTAKES made on past trips?

psiprez

Mouseketeer
OK - there must be SOMETHING you did, or packed, or bought, on your last trip that you would never do again.

Our mistake was trying for that oft-recommended afternoon nap break back at the resort, before heading back to the park. We left MK at 5pm, and planned to return later for fireworks and E-Ride Nite. The dip in the pool we took was refreshing, but the nap was impossible. The extreme hassle of going back to the resort, then rushing back to MK, zapped any benefit of the break!

I just remembered my B-I-G-G-E-S-T mistake (I was trying to block it out...)

Not listening to my 3-year-old when she told me she had to go potty. Now.

Thanks to a FastPass system glitch, we had to wait on the regular line for BTMR. We were boarding when she made the announcement. So, we ran for the nearest rest room, but didn't make it. I will simply say that a big mess was made in front of many onlookers, and I had no choice but to clean her and it up right then and there. Embarrassing!

My daughter is 7 now, so we better not have a repeat performance of this added attraction!

Last edited:

Thinking that after the fiasco 20 years ago (our last family trip, which was to WDW BTW - I was 10) and since we are all adults now, we could go and have a good time! I won't even go to Wal-Mart with my step-dad now!!

Thinking that when your step-dad says, "you plan it all since you know what you're doing and we're too busy to mess with it" that he won't get upset because he had no say in what was happening.

Thinking that just because I think ambiance at a restaurant is just as important as the food, doesn't mean everyone else thinks the same way.

Thinking that since certain areas are geared towards kids (i.e. DisneyQuest, Dinorama, etc) that adults won't enjoy the heck out of them too, cause we did!

And lastly, and most importantly, thinking that, even when things are at their worst, that we didn't need to ship my step-dad home on a plane mid-week, even though everyone else wanted to, because, darn-it, this was a family trip and we had to be a family!! Never again! Once we split up things got so much better!

Trip this last March (thank god it was just my wife and I and couple of our friends - no kids).

Standing in line for Splash Mountain. Started to drizzle. We said it will soon pass. No. The sky opened and it downpoured. We were drenched to the bones. We finally gave up on waiting when the wind started to pick up and we started to get chilly. We rushed into the Splash Mountain gift shop.

Wet and cold, we each spent like $100 for shirt, shorts, towel, and socks. Some of us even bought underwear.

I believe the rain was caused by Disney to force us to buy more stuff! :)

And we never got to ride Splash Mountain, but we got wet :)

Believe it or not, not spending more money on souvineers. We should have purchased more things for ourselves and those at home.

My girls with Mr. Incredible.
Incred1768x576384x288.jpg

DH and I thinking we could do some cocktails at the lunch hour....he had the mega mug of beer and I had the wine sampler at Biergarten. NEVER AGAIN. 2 hours later we were ready for a nap and still had 8 hours left in the park. Our teen DS and DD got a good chuckle out of it as they led us on a fast-paced itinerary for the rest of the day :rotfl: We stick to diet coke and ice tea from now on :banana: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

MOmousefan said:
Believe it or not, not spending more money on souvineers. We should have purchased more things for ourselves and those at home. QUOTE]

AMEN!! I refuse to buy stuff for everyone and their cousin this time when half of them didn't even appreciate it. This trip is all about ME!

not buying that Pooh wallet, trying to squeeze a family visit with dad and step-mother while touring the park "we would all have more fun if YOU slowed down" step mother says to me...... :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 hey, they live there....I live 1200 miles away..... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: slow down................... :earseek: that's about it.....oh and not planning meals, we had pizza hut to many times! :rolleyes1

Going with my sister & her family ;) and only going for 4 days. Not spending more time around the resort. And not having any late mornings.

Kae

I agree with a lot of the above..

spend more time at the hotel... there is so much to do there and is themed so neat.. we love the all stars

buy something for yourself.

Slow down and enjoy it.... don't be in a rush 24 - 7..

Enjoy!

Going back to POP for a nap in the afternoon. Twice! You'd think we'd learn the first time. We're not good nappers -- takes forever to fall asleep and forever to wake up. We lost almost a full day to that!

not taking into account the flight, the time change, the heat/humidity took on our bodies,

packing too much clothes,

not going to the waterparks more (sooooooooooooo refreshing),

not bring home more bags of mickey pretzles (everyone loves them!).

So, Barkley....why isn't your name "Quackley"? (yeah, ok - that sounds dorky)

:paw: :dog2: :paw:

Went with family who........... didn't realise it was going to be hot, didn't realise you had to walk at disney and that you had to drive everywhere and were in their bed by 9 every night snd they sulked the whole time

ruined our holiday totally and it was the first time abroad since DS accident. still really upsets me.

so....................... going ourselves next year :)

:confused3 TOO MANY BAGS ON THE AIRPLANE! I thought my husband was going to pull all his hair out! I had my carry-on/baby bag, my girls each had a bag, dh had his laptop bag, I carried on my toiletry bag because it was packed so "carefully" and I was afraid of it getting thrown and broken :guilty: , and then I had a HUGE resort bag with powerade, food and mickey krispie treats that we just "had" to buy on the way out the door because we had snack credits to burn and our luggage had been whisked away hours before from Magical Express. OH YEA, did I mention that I thought we should get some swimming in the morning we left so I had another bag with wet clothes in it!!! AND.....I keep forgetting the stuff we had :rotfl2: we also had a big daddy umbrella and my wonderful Maclaren stroller.

There- is that enough ???

Seriously we carried on almost as many bags as we checked! :rolleyes: Lesson learned :teeth:

Taking way too many snacks for the parks. The heat made us less hungry and kids wanted Mickey bars instead of what we packed.

Be selective on what you take. The tips on items to take are great, but we had to eliminate some things as it was way too much stuff to haul around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter