Any info. for best campsite or loop for tent....

4disneyfans

Mouseketeer
Haven't been camping in several years and never at Disney. Would love to try it out this month. Any info on sites or loops for tent camping would be appreciated!!! have 2 DD's that are excited !!

You will probably get as many different loop suggestions as you get replies, as everyone seems to be looking for something different.

We like the preferred loop 300. We camp in a 30 foot 5th wheel. I've not seen any tent campers in that loop before, but I think you can request it???

We like it because it is a preferred pet loop (meaning it has elec., water, sewer and cable tv). The main difference between preferred loop and non-preferred is the addition of cable tv and location. The preferred loops are generally closer to the marina and the settlement trading post. Also, as I said, it is a pet loop, and the yorkie must camp with us.:hyper:

The down side of the preferred loop (at least I've heard as we always stay in one) is that they are a bit smaller than the non-preferred loops that are a bit farther away from the action. All in all - as long as you're at Disney it's all good.:cool:

22 Days and counting til our next FW adventure.
Happy Camping

There are two loops that are specifically designed for tent campers. Those are loops 1500 and 2000.

They are partial hookup sites that have water and electric only. They have larger sand pads for tents, whereas full hookup and preferred sites have more concrete driveway and less sand pad for campers and motor homes.

My favorite is Loop 1500. It is fairly central to the campground. Is right across the street from Meadows Trading Post, a pool, and the campfire program. It is also a small loop with only about 30 sites, so none of the sites are hardly any distance from the comfort station or the bus stop.!!!

Carol

I second the 1500 loop for a tent. Although if we are renting a golf cart anywhere is OK. The 2000 loop is a large loop that has 2 comfort stations and is away from the action areas. Some of the full hook up sites and a lot of the preferred sites have a pretty small sand pad. Our neighbors were assigned a site in the 200 loop that their tent would not fit on and had a hard time getting a different site because the campground was full and they checked in late.

I have been tent camping at FW twice and both times in loop 1500. Fantastic ! In fact, I want to make reservations and do it again REALLY SOON !

I'll "third" the vote for 1500. If I were in a tent I'd pick it because:

• It's right across teh street from the Meadows area
  • It's closer to the action than 2000 is
  • There is a bus stop at the entrance to the loop
  • Larger tent pad than RV loops

Check out my FW website below for lots of FW info, plus a map of the entire campground.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter