• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Any ideas on keeping Jibbitz from falling out?

jennyerin

Mouseketeer
I know that it is common for them to fall out of Disney crocs but my son even has them falling out of his regular crocs. Any tips on how to keep them in? Has anyone tried the product on Ebay - disbitz - I think they are called. We have a lot of Jibbitz so they may get a little pricey...
Thanks!
Lynn

Disney Crocs finally say on them not to use Jibbitz with them...you will lose them. Not quite sure how your son is losing the ones out of regular Crocs. DD had me move a couple around hers and I practically broke a finger trying to get them out. Some people superglue theirs in...you could try that.

My DD has the crocs with the fur lining and has lost at least 5 or 6 jibitz or had the jibitz break off so she is just left with a black dot sticking out of the hole. :( I'm to the point where I won't buy any, or I'll buy the cheap knock off kind so it won't matter as much if they get lost. Any body else having this problem?

I've never tried wearing them in my Mickey Crocs because I figured they'd fall out easily.

I've never had them fall out of my regular Crocs, either. The only problem I've had was one time I pulled too hard on the flower part and it started to come apart - but that was a knock off, not a real Jibbitz. All of my Jibbitz and knock off Jibbitz are very difficult to put in or take out, so no problem with them falling out.

I did read that someone used them in the Mickey Crocs, but they used a washer to keep them in place. I'm not exactly sure how that worked, though.

Now I'm off to find out what disbitz are...:bitelip:

My DD has the regular crocs and has lost several pieces also. You wouldn't think it was possible because they seem impossible to get out when you want to move one, but every now and then one just seems to disappear.

My dd got Mickey crocs last year at WDW and wanted some Jibbitz for them, so we got her a couple. Within 2 hours, they were both g-o-n-e. So, we got them replaced (lovely cm at the store....btw) and I wouldn't let her put them in her shoes until I figured something out.

When we got home, I went to Home Depot and got these black plastic washers that are about an inch and a half diameter and are less than a dollar each. I put the washer inside the shoe and then put the Jibbitz through both the Mickey head and the washer.

It's been a year and dd wears her crocs a lot and we haven't lost any more!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I'm planning on heading back to get a few more before our trip this year just in case she wants more for her shoes.

My dd got Mickey crocs last year at WDW and wanted some Jibbitz for them, so we got her a couple. Within 2 hours, they were both g-o-n-e. So, we got them replaced (lovely cm at the store....btw) and I wouldn't let her put them in her shoes until I figured something out.

When we got home, I went to Home Depot and got these black plastic washers that are about an inch and a half diameter and are less than a dollar each. I put the washer inside the shoe and then put the Jibbitz through both the Mickey head and the washer.

I'm planning on heading back to get a few more before our trip this year just in case she wants more for her shoes.

Are they stretch-able? Otherwise, how do you get the hard black part of the Jibbitz through the washer? I knew I'd read somewhere that this could be done, but I was picturing the metal ones that don't move and couldn't figure it out in my head.

Yes, they are rubbery and stretchy, but not too stretchy.

They are in the same area as the metal ones, but these you can get the end through and they don't hurt the tops of the feet.

I racked my brain trying to think of something and we just happened to be at the store and I saw these and thought they might work.

Brilliant! Thank you. I'm going to buy some tomorrow. I would love to wear jibbitz in my mickey crocs.

My DS7 has lost some jibbitz out of his regular crocs (I cant see how they would come out so easily because they are so hard to pop in) and he's also had the decoration break off of one. Kinda pisses me off since the stupid things are so expensive (they were real ones).

on another note, a guy at a flea market today had knockoff ones and had sparkly mickey head shaped ones for a buck! I had to get a purple one for me, they were really cute.

on another note, a guy at a flea market today had knockoff ones and had sparkly mickey head shaped ones for a buck! I had to get a purple one for me, they were really cute.

REALLY??? That sounds wonderful!

Obviously (check out my siggy) I'd need a PINK sparkly one! :goodvibes

Do you happen to have a picture of the washer you used I'm trying to do the same thing thank you Great idea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter