• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any hotel discounts during this sloooow time?

WillowRain

You can find me at Animal Kingdom!
Looks like hotels on Harbor are still up in the 200 area. I am shocked, I keep hearing tourism is so down. I am wondering if anyone has had luck calling a hotel and asking for a deep discount? I would like to go for 3 nights but trying to keep it as low as possible, while still staying across the street for walking proximity. We usually do the Grand Legacy, which is 152 on the nights I am looking at, but they were at 107 2 weeks ago so thinking they could possibly do better? Any codes? Personal experiences? Thanks.

I was able to get lots of great rates in July by signing up for emails directly from the hotels from their direct websites.

I was able to get lots of great rates in July by signing up for emails directly from the hotels from their direct websites.

You have any codes you can share? Or links? Which hotels? There are some I will not stay at.

Crowds are picking back up somewhat, So hotels may be booking up a bit more. (I personally know three out-of-town families coming for last-minute trips in the next two weeks alone. All three were lured by the talk of low crowds.)

I got an amazing deal for candy cane inn on Harbor for the Haunted Mansion event in August. It’s about 1 1/2 blocks from the entrance.

I signed up the hotel’s emails and check the rates periodically on their website. Today, I noticed the rate dropped since our reservation. I was able to call and have the reservation adjusted to the lower rate. They followed up with a new confirmation. We will be staying at the Park Vue Inn.

I got an amazing deal for candy cane inn on Harbor for the Haunted Mansion event in August. It’s about 1 1/2 blocks from the entrance.
Do you mind if I ask what rate you got and how you got it? I'm booked there for the HM event as well with a rate of $179. Thanks.

Do you mind if I ask what rate you got and how you got it? I'm booked there for the HM event as well with a rate of $179. Thanks.
I got it using the DIs promo code which you can use if you are a AAA member, season pass holder or in the military. The rate for me was $147 for 2 queen beds. It’s just me so I don’t need a big room. $148 is the current AAA rate for the Fairfield inn. I was going to stay there but CCI was cheaper due to me not having to pay for parking.

I should also mention I’m OCD when it comes to hotel and rental car rates. I will take the few minutes and check rates almost daily to see if there is a better price else where. I’ve shaved about $30 off my rental car for this trip by checking every day.

I should also mention I’m OCD when it comes to hotel and rental car rates. I will take the few minutes and check rates almost daily to see if there is a better price else where. I’ve shaved about $30 off my rental car for this trip by checking every day.
Thanks. I'll have to check again (this time I'll call) because the website showed that rate/room as unavailable. It's just my adult DD and me so I don't care about room size.

I found a really weird snag with rental cars. We will be there early August and rental car rates from LAX back to LAX were 2-3 times the amount for getting a car and returning it to John Wayne the day before leave and picking up another car. It means taking a little extra time to go swap it out but that's better than paying all that money.

I found a really weird snag with rental cars. We will be there early August and rental car rates from LAX back to LAX were 2-3 times the amount for getting a car and returning it to John Wayne the day before leave and picking up another car. It means taking a little extra time to go swap it out but that's better than paying all that money.
If you aren’t flying in or out of an airport be sure ask if you can have the airport fee waved. You’ll have to pay the fee out of LAX but maybe you can get it waved at SNA. I rent from the SFO airport and I just tell them I’m local and ask for the fee to be removed. Sometimes they ask for my license and other times they don’t. Sometimes they’ll remove it when I first show up and sometimes I have to wait until I return it. It usually is about a $18 that I save.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter