Any hope of getting reservation?

aceys_h0ney

DIS Veteran
So we've known for awhile we wanted to camp at the Fort for our Nov. trip. However we waited until we purchased our new camper to book. Well I went to book and it's completly booked, I tried several configurations but couldn't get anything. Is there any hope of us getting a space? If this is common and space will likely open up I will keep trying I just don't want to stress over this for months. I would have made the reservations sooner but I wasn't sure on the status of our camper purchase. Kicking myself now! Thanks for any advice you can give to either put my mind at ease or help me to move on and book a hotel.

So we've known for awhile we wanted to camp at the Fort for our Nov. trip. However we waited until we purchased our new camper to book. Well I went to book and it's completly booked, I tried several configurations but couldn't get anything. Is there any hope of us getting a space? If this is common and space will likely open up I will keep trying I just don't want to stress over this for months. I would have made the reservations sooner but I wasn't sure on the status of our camper purchase. Kicking myself now! Thanks for any advice you can give to either put my mind at ease or help me to move on and book a hotel.
Now, the thing that you need to keep in mind is that the Disney reservation system is biased against short stays. Enter 3 days into the system and it may reply that there are no sites available. Enter 14 days into the system that encompass the same 3 days you looked for originally and - it magic, sites are available.

I just put in November 1 - November 31 2012 and it gave me a premium site for the whole month.

It is not uncommon for folks to make a longer reservation then call back later and delete unwanted days. You may have to play around with it a little to make it work, but many times it does.

YES!
There is always hope.
Keep trying. Sounds like you know how to play the game.
Book site (room) only. Book more days than you need. Whatever you have to do to get what you want. Then drop off the days that you don't need.
Check as often as you can and when you get something that you can use, type fast.
Good Luck!
Let us know how you make out.

Now, the thing that you need to keep in mind is that the Disney reservation system is biased against short stays. Enter 3 days into the system and it may reply that there are no sites available. Enter 14 days into the system that encompass the same 3 days you looked for originally and - it magic, sites are available.

I just put in November 1 - November 31 2012 and it gave me a premium site for the whole month.

It is not uncommon for folks to make a longer reservation then call back later and delete unwanted days. You may have to play around with it a little to make it work, but many times it does.

Wow that worked, I tried doing it a few weeks at a time with nothing. I'm booked now for the month lol. How long should I wait to cancel the days we don't want? I don't want to hold those from people that will want them also.

You can call back and cancel as soon as you hang up from making the reservation.

You can cancel the days that you don't need whenever you want.
Just make sure that you do it at least 8 days before check-in. That way there will be no penalty.
I will be there November 18 thru December 2.
I don't think you told us when you planned on being there.
Maybe our paths will cross.

OK, this is just my opinion, but..... don't be in a rush to cancel. If your life is anything like mine, things can change. Only after your are SURE nothing will change should you think about cancelling.

Now, when you do cancel I believe in doing it in two steps. Call once and shorten the beginning to the exact day you want to arrive. Wait, log on to your reservation and verify that the first half is OK. Then call back and shorten the end to the day you want to check out. Again, just my opinion.

Also make sure the reservations cast member has noted everything they need in your reservation notes. At the very least, make sure they note the following things in the comments for your reservation:

• Type of camping unit (i.e. trailer, tent, motorhome/coach etc.)
  • Length of your entire rig including tow vehicles and toads
  • Number/location of all awnings
  • Number/location of all slides
  • Let them know if you are bringing pets

These are the things the site assigner needs to know in order to assign you a site correct to your equipment.

Lots more information is on my FW web page (link below).

Don't forget a golf cart - lots of fun!!

We will be there sometime on the week before thanksgiving until the 25th or 26th. We were not concrete on our dates but the rough plan was the 18th - 25th. I was going to take whatever we could get knowing they fill up fast but now I guess we can sit down and pick out what works for us the best.

Tim thanks for the tips, I knew we had to tell them about the dog but didn't know they'd need the other information. Makes sense now I know to have it all ready when I call about the dog.

Now to find a deal on a golf cart! I've been telling my hubby to buy me one just for the Fort. Probably going to have to rent one though.

I would gently encourage you to drop any unneeded days as soon as you know they are "unneeded".

The sooner you drop them that makes it possible for another DIS'ser to make a reservation. So we would ask that you help us out in that way.

:disrocks:

Bama ED

PS-for a golf cart contact Kenny at http://www.****************.com/. In Kenny We Trust. His rates are much better than the Disney carts at the Fort. And his service is tops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter