Any good Grilled Cheese Sandwich anywhere?

The Edison - Disney Springs

Will they let you sub french fries instead of the tomato soup? I am firmly in the "grilled cheese and fries" camp. Fries. NO SOUP.

Oh, and if you take off the cheese from the sandwich but you still have enough other stuff (meat, veggies, etc.) to eat as a sandwich, then it's not a grilled cheese!!! That's a veggie or chicken or pulled pork sandwich that happens to have some cheese on it.
A grilled cheese is cheese (all kinds) with possibly a tomato, or pickle, or peppers, or two pieces of bacon, or a spread of some sort. But CHEESE is the guest of honor.

OP - I love a good grilled cheese. I have yet to find one at Disney, wasn't impressed by the one at Beaches and Cream.

I also was going to compliment the Edison's grilled cheese.

I don't know if you can get fries instead of the tomato soup. I was fine with the tomato soup, so I didn't ask.

Anywhere? Go to Tom n Chee at the Crossroads.

Thank you, everyone. I didn't realize there were that many other places.

I have had the grilled cheese at the Beaches and Cream, and at the Contemporary Cafe.

The Plaza has one on the kids menu that I've ordered as an adult. Its pretty standard order but when combined with their delicious tomato soup its a great combo!

I had a good one at the WL at Roaring Fork. Mozzarella, arugula, tomato and carmelized onions on multigrain bread. Different from what I make at home for sure, but I enjoyed it. They might have offered tomato soup (and I prefer that too), but mine came with French fries. ;)

Second Beaches and Cream’s. Very good. Also second the one at Contempo Cafe. I think that one beat Beaches and Cream’s. Such a simple, satisfying lunch. Now I want grilled cheese.

For a sit-down restaurant, the Ale and Compass have a grilled cheese with tomato soup meal. You can add ham or bacon to the sandwich for an extra charge. Also, you can substitute fries or greens for the tomato soup. It was a very tasty sandwich.

Knowing that you can substitute greens (I assume that means salad-type) makes it more appealing to me. Not a fan of tomato soup.

Knowing that you can substitute greens (I assume that means salad-type) makes it more appealing to me. Not a fan of tomato soup.

Yes, the greens were salad type -- I have an issue with acid reflux from tomato sauce/ soup items and they were willing to make several substitutions for me. I went with the side greens to try to be a little healthier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!