Any Advice/Drug Test?

podicat1

Earning My Ears
So, yesterday I had my job interview. I figured it would be just like the CP phone interview but it really wasn't. Although I got denied for the CP I am now a Cast Member part time at Frontierland in Magic Kingdom working attractions. I start in two weeks.

So basically I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to expect. Also when I go to get my fingers printed and what not, should I expect a drug test?

I don't do drugs it's just I need to know if I should drink extra water before and be prepared. :]

I want to thank you ahead of time and wish you all a to magical week! ^_^

PS: All CP hopefuls, just relax and be yourself :]

If you have to ask the question...

Drug testing is not standard procedure but can be done if there is suspicion of a CM being under the influence while at work. I'm pretty sure they will provide you something to drink if you are having trouble...

Company policy dictates that those under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances while at work is grounds for immediate termination. Drug tests are administered if you are suspected of being under the influence. However, those responsible for the operation of company vehicles may be subject to random testing.

Simply put, as a Cast Member, you will more than likely be interacting with guests on a regular basis, and possibly be responsible for their safety. In these roles you are under much more scrutiny for your actions. If you live in Company housing, you are also subject to inspections, which can be scheduled or done at random. Possesion of substances are also grounds for immediate termination.

Just don't do it, if you are coming down for a CP and are that dependent that you fear drug testing and inspections, stay home. As harsh as it sounds, you won't be missed. Many CP's, myself included, come down every year and use this opportunity to launch a possible career, the last thing they need is someone to jeapordize that for them.

They wont drug test you unless they think its necessary. Its kind of a don't ask don't tell, but it would be real foolish to be under the influence at work or on WDW property. Getting terminated from Disney for alcohol/drug related issues will haunt you, dont risk it.

in my experience the drug tests are rare events but i will warn you to watch out for Beth... lol.

Thanks, nice to know. I seriously don't do anything of that sort so I have no worries about it. It's just nice to know if I need to drink extra water that morning and what not. So thank you!

If you will be driving a vehicle of any kind (Tom Sawyer Raft, train, tram, etc.) or responsible for guest safety (ie lifeguard) you WILL be drug tested. The company has roles with mandatory drug testing (contrary to some popular belief) and it also has random drug testing. That being said if you don't drive anything or aren't a role directly involved in safety it isn't likely you'll be tested (from what I've seen anyway).

Since you don't know your exact job in attractions I'll say it is possible but unlikely. They'll have water there for you to drink if you will be tested. I wouldn't drink extra water because casting can take forever. And since you aren't cp they might send you to an on site health center.

i'm going to the casting center for an interview as a part time employee, do you think they will drug test at the interview or wait until traditions? (if i get the job fingers crossed.)

Drug testing is only done for roles that involve driving a vehicle (tram, safari, tom sawyer island riverboat, etc), and also they randomly drug test lifeguards. I've never heard of them testing during traditions or during the interview, the two people I know that were tested had to go during their own time to a separate location.

If you don't take drugs you have got nothing to worry about. The only thing is take the script with medical drugs you'd taken to show at lab. They will exclude medical drugs from the list. If you're interested in the process, read here about it https://dnasu.com/services/drug-test/

My dd had a drug test the same day she checked in for DCP. All the kids did. That was 4 days prior to Traditions.
Whether or not they do drug testing for regular employment, I have no idea. I would think they would. The kids did get instructions to be sure to be well hydrated that day.

Thanks, nice to know. I seriously don't do anything of that sort so I have no worries about it. It's just nice to know if I need to drink extra water that morning and what not. So thank you!
I just know that I had to retake the drug test because I drink more water than most people and they assumed I was a druggie that beat the system.

Idk how fast I can receive a reply but I was wondering about the physical POET part fir someone working the trams? I've never had to control something of that nature other than a boat and a tractor so I want to know what I'm up against.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter