Any 2016 wine and diners out there?

I have always had shin splint issues. Even when I was Running regularly back in high school it was always a problem
Then you have always overtrained. Unless one has very rare conditions, shin splints come from one thing - over training when building a base. This can come in a few forms, but it generally comes from walking too fast, too far - not from running. It can also come from running too fast / too far, but one generally breaks down in other areas when running.

I finally made it back out today after being sick. My legs felt like bricks, but a bad run is better than no run. Tomorrow should be easier. *knocks on wood*

I finally made it back out today after being sick. My legs felt like bricks, but a bad run is better than no run. Tomorrow should be easier. *knocks on wood*

Yay good job!!! I will be back out tomorrow if I can weather wise! Today is my day off

How's everyone doing? I woke up today feeling much better after being sick for a week. I had to restart my 5k to 10k program, oh well. This Saturday I have a 7K scheduled but I'm not sure I'm up for 4 miles and change.

I have been out twice this week although yesterday I just couldn't make it. And today's run wasn't good pace wise. But I am only 4 weeks in on my training so hopefully next time will be better.

I have been out twice this week although yesterday I just couldn't make it. And today's run wasn't good pace wise. But I am only 4 weeks in on my training so hopefully next time will be better.
Stay positive and just keep getting out there. Improvement will come with time. Don't rush it. Have fun and picture yourself running in the race next year. Visualization helps.

So my past two runs have been great!
Yesterday I ran a 12:20 mile and today a 10:09 pace!! And while I still have shin splint issues ever since I changed my insole and reversed my route so that I don't encounter too many hills, they are a lot better

Good job, tinkbutt!

So I'm restarting my 5k-10k again. Last week was kind of a downer as I didn't get out and run like I had wanted to. My cold and cough hung around an annoyingly long time. I also didn't go to the 7K I had planned this morning since I wasn't ready. It was a good decision, but I really wanted the tech shirt that I paid for! :D

Well you made the right decision getting healthy is always the right move. I have been doing good it's been a few days due to weather, for me hopefully the monsoon will be gone after today so I can get back out there. Luckily I took DS to announce house place yesterday so running around with him was quite a work out!

How is the training @tinkbutt? I had a 5K yesterday. It was my first time out in awhile because I got sick yet again. Cue the violins, lol. Whatever went around this year really got me. But in the meantime I've registered for this year's Wine and Dine 13.1 - it sold out in 35 minutes! So prepare for that next year!

training is going well I was just out of town for the week for DS's second bday! so no training while I was away :(

I just found this thread! I was planning on wine and dine 2015 for my epic 30th birthday race. It would be my first race and my first trip to the food and wine festival which I've been dying to go to. Hubby was totally on board, we were getting ready to make reservations and... I'm currently 5 months pregnant! Lol. Im very excited for my baby, but our trip has been postponed a year.

Now 2016 will be my epic return to running! Haha! And I'll get to sign little miss up for her first ever disney diaper dash!

How have things been going for your training?

Count me and DH in for the 2016 W&D! We did this race in 2011 and are so excited to do it again. We are also planning the DL 1/2 in 2016 so that will make the W&D our C2C. We also did the TOT in 2014...great race, hate it has been canceled for now. Has anyone heard if the W&D course will be changed any due to expected construction at DHS?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter