anti virus protection

If your cable provider is Comcast they include norton at no additional cost and use it

As far as which is the best none of them are 100 percent. They all take their turn being at the top. It's impossible to be 100 percent safe. The best way is don't put sensitive info on the computer and don't go online. I have an old XP that never has been. It does everything I want it to do.

Dell ships their computers with mcafee. I've used that until it expired then switched to the free norton. Both will allow infection to a degree.

I wouldn't advise cheaping out on antivirus software. They aren't all created equally and some have glaring flaws or porous virus definitions.

I'd look at the complete market summary and effectiveness testing done by the AV Comparatives Institute (a third party analysis firm): http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/avc_sum_201312_en.pdf

Their cream of the crop was Kaspersky, which is a bit pricier but it's the best there is.

The report also lists the high marked products for 2013, which make good second choices, which includes Avast. Avast has a free version that will handle basic realtime protection, which is good enough. for basics.

I had AVG on my old desktop. When I bought a laptop it came with Kaspersky. I renewed it twice now for a fee. Seems to be good. I run malwarebytes for malware

You might want to look to your internet provider. U-verse included it at no extra charge with my internet...MacAfee...

For anyone else still looking, dh always gets McAfee for a great price on ebay. It comes in original packaging too. Usually around $15 with keys to install on 3 computers. 1 yr subscription.

I would never spend money on Norton or McAfee again. I have had both and been infected with viruses on both. Several friends recommended AVG so I downloaded it (free) and it removed all viruses and computer is running much faster now.

I would never spend money on Norton or McAfee again. I have had both and been infected with viruses on both. Several friends recommended AVG so I downloaded it (free) and it removed all viruses and computer is running much faster now.

Let's face it. If someone wants to get at your computer you are not going to stop them. The best you can do is make it as difficult as you can for them.

Look at the banks that got hacked. They are using the best protection money can buy.

The best protection? Don't put sensitive information on a computer that is on the internet.

I have an old XP computer that works fine. When I got a new one that one was taken off the internet. All my financials are done on that.

Let's face it. If someone wants to get at your computer you are not going to stop them. The best you can do is make it as difficult as you can for them.

Look at the banks that got hacked. They are using the best protection money can buy.

So true.
Just like home burglary. Pros who are very determined will get past any door/window locks & home security systems.

Also some people buy anti virus programs but don't use them like they're meant to. If you install it but don't schedule regular scans (daily, weekly, monthly or whatever) you aren't getting as much protection as you think.
Most programs now automatically upgrade themselves but I remember back in the early days of internet wondering why it kept pestering me to upgrade. I had to tell it to recheck for newly defined threats in order for it to know what to look for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!