Another WWYD question...

Which would you choose?

• Double dip as planned with a couple of WDW nights

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • 7-night Eastern hoping for the best

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
I thought I was all set with the 4-night Castaway Double Dip next summer (2019) over my birthday - with the second Castaway day being ON my birthday).

Then I learned about a Women's Martial Arts Federation that I joined - and they have a "summer camp" every year. This year is out because my plans are already firmed up. But I'd love to go. Historically it has been around the time frame of my scheduled cruise. (They do it at college campuses, so it's like mid-summer when they can use the dorms.)

So now I'm looking at options and pondering changing the cruise and still using it for a birthday celebration even if not on the actual day. I do NOT want to cruise over July 4 (I was absent the day they handed out the RAH RAH PATRIOTISM gene and tend to hole up so I don't have to deal with it), so the earlier 4-night Double Dip that fits with my schedule is out.

The best possibility price- and schedule-wise would be the 8/24 Fantasy Eastern. Biggest disadvantage there is that is heading into the most active part of hurricane season...and there is very little wiggle room if there were to be a delay in docking or flights as I would HAVE to be back for professional development the day after Labor Day.

So now the decision time... Do the 4-night Double as planned with a couple of WDW nights before or after and hope that the dates for Camp work out for this summer, or put camp off another year? Or do the 7-night Eastern and hope for no hurricanes or weather delays?

WWYD?

Last edited:
I would do all I could to fit the camp in. Can you convince the people who run it to do it on a DCL ship?

Seriously, if it were me, I'd want to get both in. Do you have firm dates on the M.A.F. camp? If not, can you book the 7-night Eastern and keep the July 4th double dip until you know which dates are available and then cancel the one you don't want?

We've only taken 7 night cruises(4 so far, with our 5th already booked), so I usually say do a 7night whenever someone asks this question. However, in your case I would probably keep the 4 night. Our last cruise(March of this year) was a 7 night that was suppose to go to St Maarten and San Juan. Due to bad weather St. Maarten was cancelled. Instead we got to go to CC on the first and last days of the cruise, it was wonderful!! I loved being able to go to CC twice, we've never been there twice on one cruise, so I never really knew just how great it would be. We have a 7 night EC booked for next Jan, if we didn't already have our hotel/transportation package booked I'd be tempted to change it to another CC double dip, I'd rather go to CC than any other islands.

I'm hopeful they'll release the new dates once this year's is over...that would be late July of this year. So IF that happens I could make the decision then. I wouldn't think the "plain old 7-night Eastern" would jump that much in price. With my Greece cruise in 46 days (and Rome a couple of days before) I would rather not tie up that spending money. :(

I think I'd be safe changing to the August cruise since most colleges are back in session by then - in terms of the camp.

But that double dip... (It's actually July 17-21. I'm trying to AVOID the one over July 4.)

I'm hopeful they'll release the new dates once this year's is over...that would be late July of this year. So IF that happens I could make the decision then. I wouldn't think the "plain old 7-night Eastern" would jump that much in price. With my Greece cruise in 46 days (and Rome a couple of days before) I would rather not tie up that spending money. :(

I think I'd be safe changing to the August cruise since most colleges are back in session by then - in terms of the camp.

But that double dip... (It's actually July 17-21. I'm trying to AVOID the one over July 4.)
You're probably right about the 7 night. I've been watching the March Spring Break 7 night Eastern for 2019 and it has not budged at all since opening. Considering last year and this year both had price rises of as much as $1000 (4a) within 5 months, the fact that this one hasn't moved is something. So you may be on to something.

46 days until Greece? You're so lucky! Have a great time. :)

You're probably right about the 7 night. I've been watching the March Spring Break 7 night Eastern for 2019 and it has not budged at all since opening. Considering last year and this year both had price rises of as much as $1000 (4a) within 5 months, the fact that this one hasn't moved is something. So you may be on to something.

46 days until Greece? You're so lucky! Have a great time. :)

Thank you!! I'm so excited! I fly to Rome on June 28and we board the Jewel of the Seas on July 1!! Cannot wait!!

Why not do the 4 night double-dip on June 19th? Would that work? I’m on that sailing and will be celebrating my birthday a week after the actual date, too.

I was absent the day they handed out the RAH RAH PATRIOTISM gene and tend to hold up so I don't have to deal with it

Same. The best is going up to Canada over the 4th. :)

Wonder if you could call and see if they have advance knowledge of the dates of the camp.

Same. The best is going up to Canada over the 4th. :)

Wonder if you could call and see if they have advance knowledge of the dates of the camp.

Ha! Two years ago I was on my 12-night Med cruise and this year I'll be on my Greece cruise (I think the 4th is Athens day? RCCL's website goes down more frequently than Disney's (parks or cruiseline) so I can't see my itinerary right now - and don't feel like walking into the other room...haha!).

That's a thought...or email them. I'll try that.

Why not do the 4 night double-dip on June 19th? Would that work? I’m on that sailing and will be celebrating my birthday a week after the actual date, too.

Nope. We don't get out of school until the very end of June (like the 26th). The only 4-night that would besides July 17th is July 3rd and nope...no Disney on the 4th for me.

I would go on the the 4th because I actually do love this country and enjoy celebrating it. Other then that I'd skip the Caribbean in the Summer.way too hot

That is not an option.

The options are keep the 17th which I have booked or a 7-night in August. Not all of us are scared of heat.

A Greek Isles Cruise is something special to look forward to doing! I’ve been following your countdown, it’s getting close. We went 23 years ago, I often look back at our pictures and my log.

I would keep the time open for the camp experience and hope for the best with the eastern, if you really want to cruise.

A Greek Isles Cruise is something special to look forward to doing! I’ve been following your countdown, it’s getting close. We went 23 years ago, I often look back at our pictures and my log.

I would keep the time open for the camp experience and hope for the best with the eastern, if you really want to cruise.

Down to 44 days!!! I am so excited!!!

I have emailed the events person to see if they either know the dates or if it is always in a certain range. I’m also making a list of cabins I would be interested in for the Eastern and will have it ready to email my TA if the camp dates are always around the same time. I would hate to move my Double Dip and then find out camp would be earlier (or later) and I could still do them both.

(Of course now when I was looking for the email info I discovered that the person whose book taught me about NWMAF actually IS their Chair and not “just” a member...so maybe I will just tweet her. Lol.)

Thank you!! I'm so excited! I fly to Rome on June 28and we board the Jewel of the Seas on July 1!! Cannot wait!!

The Jewel is beautiful! Have a great time!

I guess I'd do the 7-night and hope for the best. We tend to sail in hurricane season too. Best to schedule cruises around real life and not the other way around :)

The Jewel is beautiful! Have a great time!

I guess I'd do the 7-night and hope for the best. We tend to sail in hurricane season too. Best to schedule cruises around real life and not the other way around :)

Thanks!! I have been on her sisters Radiance and Brilliance and loved them, so I’m super pumped!

I forgot to answer your question after getting distracted with ice cream. Will they release camp dates before your PIF? So long as that happens, I would just sit tight until you find out if there is an actual scheduling conflict.

It's always interesting how there is a perception that there is only one way to acknowledge/enjoy certain holidays, places to live, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter