Another way to FW without going through MK toll gates?

univmd

Earning My Ears
Heading to Fort Wilderness again next month. Last time we entered via the Magic Kingdom front toll gates. Is there another way to Fort Wilderness? Which way do you prefer?

With warm regards, James

I come in off a toll road and it brings me in a back way on Vista Road or something like that... We are here now and that is the way we came, I will try to get all the road names and let you know... Are you coming in off the turnpike?

you can exit 1-4 at 535 and follow signs for DTD.When you get to BUENA vISTA Drive make right hand turn.Go past Fire House to Disney Vacation Club Way,make left.About 1 mile to traffic light make right,past Port Orleans to last light where you make another left and the enterance to FW is about 1/2 mile on right.Another way in is to go to 536(Epcot Center Drive) head west thru Disney Sign and take exit after Buena Vista Dr.(3rd exit) which take you to light across from OldKeyWest Sigh.Make left and drive past Port Orleans to end ,make left 1/2mile to FW. Hope this helps...

I copied these directions from the board a while back, they are from I-75 though. Hope it helps.

• I-75 S
• Get off at exit 328 (approximately 140 miles from Georgia/Florida State Line, approximately 107 miles from I-10)
• Travel on Florida Turnpike to Exit 267A (429S) (approximately 42 miles)
• Travel on 429S to Exit 8 ( Disney World/Hartzog Rd ) (approximately 14 miles)
• This road will take you to West Buena Vista Dr near Coronado Springs.
• Turn left from West Buena Vista to World Drive , travel 2.6 mi. Ignore the signs!
• Just past Downtown Disney you will cross over an overpass. Take the next left, Bonnet Creek Pkwy.
• In 1.5 mi. Bonnet Creek will dead end into Vista Blvd. Take a left.
• Fort Wilderness will be on the right in a 9/10 mile. Welcome to the Fort sans toll-plaza drama!

When coming in with the camper it's a bit easier thru the toll gates and left into the Fort. It's a bit of a hard right from the opposite direction.

Heading to Fort Wilderness again next month. Last time we entered via the Magic Kingdom front toll gates. Is there another way to Fort Wilderness? Which way do you prefer?

With warm regards, James

Would agree with 91oldkeywest except for the get-off ramp. Get off at EPCOT CENTER DRIVE and then follow the signs for PORT ORLEANS. Go past Port orleans until the you hit a stop light at Vista Blvd. Turn LEFT and get to the Fort. This will keep you out of some traffic/stop lights. I go this way when I use I-4. FYI, I drive a "89 F-350 Crew Cab w/ long bed and the trailer is 35'. The right into the Fort is not a problem.

We have used the 535 route several times but now use the turpike coming south and take 429 (new) to Western Way right into Disney, you go to the towgates but it a much nicer drive with light traffic. I agree with the right turn into FW just wait for no traffic and make the turn, wide but not that bad..

you can exit 1-4 at 535 and follow signs for DTD.When you get to BUENA vISTA Drive make right hand turn.Go past Fire House to Disney Vacation Club Way,make left.About 1 mile to traffic light make right,past Port Orleans to last light where you make another left and the enterance to FW is about 1/2 mile on right.Another way in is to go to 536(Epcot Center Drive) head west thru Disney Sign and take exit after Buena Vista Dr.(3rd exit) which take you to light across from OldKeyWest Sigh.Make left and drive past Port Orleans to end ,make left 1/2mile to FW. Hope this helps...

Even better is to go futher on Buena Vista Dr. and make a left on Live Oak Lane (it's just before all the warehouses) then at the next stop sign hang a left onto Vista Drive and follow that all the way to the FW Entrance.

I think it would be better to follow Disney Vacation CLub Way all the way to Bonnet Creek Parkway and make a right and follow that to Vista Drive just past the new Pet Kennels.

When going to Kissimmee, etc. we always take the Live Oak Lane route and coming back from all the parks if we drive we come in on the Bonnet Creek Parkway way.

Larry

I'm going to say the easiest for us is I-4 south to exit 67, onto Epcot Center Drive then you can make your first right which puts you right at the end of Bonnet Creek pkwy, then follow it to the end at Vista Blvd make a left and FW is on your right. You can also take your 3rd right off Epcot Center Drive(don't remember what the signs say) which will also put you on Bonnet Creek Pkwy you just make a left at the end/light then the same as above.

We also use Vista Blvd to Live Oak or Winter Garden Vineland Rd/535, usually going out to stores or even DTD if you take E Buena Vista Dr. It's just a bit more confusing that way.

I could give more details on the Disney signs to get off Epcot Center Drive tomorrow morning as we pass by:rotfl:

I am not sure about your rig size, but making a right hander into FW is not easy if your a big enough rig towing something. While not impossible to make the turn, it is easier to just go through the main booth area and stay to the right and follow the exit right through to FW and turning left into the entrance.

We have gone the alternate route before, but I, loving Disney like I do, do not want to miss the sight of the "The Magic Kingdom" sign even if I do go a few miles out of the way - which I'm not sure we do - also, much less complicated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter