Another Stroller Question. . .

Purple & Pink Mommy

Earning My Ears
We will be returning to the world in mid-October with DD5 and DD4 (at time of travel). Last time we went was our first visit in December 2013 when they were 2 & 3. During that trip we brought our Bob Duallie from home since we had nonstop flights and I thought it would save money instead of renting one. However, my DH was miserable since the double bob was huge, heavy and doesn't really lay flat when folded. It was a inconvenience on buses and we got many dirty looks since it took up so much room. Maneuvering it during MVMCP crowds was awful. It also took up a ton of space in our room. We stayed at CR and we used it to walk to and from MK all the time. And the girls love riding in it. That's pretty much the only positive from bringing it. It's great for jogging where we live, but going to WDW, not so much.

This trip I was going to rent a double City Mini Elite GT from a service since it appears a little smaller in size (and I don't want to travel with the bob again). My DD5 is tall for her age. Yes, they still need a stroller for long outings. They get tired easily. Even if they surprise me and walk more than I think they will, I still want a double stroller "just in case".

My question is this: to those of you who have rented the double City Minis, are they smaller than double Bobs? Do they fold better than bobs? How much space do they take up?

I'm debating renting strollers from the parks, but I know getting the City Mini would overall be a tad cheaper, and I don't want to have to deal with getting/returning a stroller everyday.

I do have a Joovy Ultralight sit and stand I thought about bringing. We don't use this one much anymore, except for mall trips when we have to go to a lot of stores. I didn't know how well it would ride in the parks.

Sorry such a long post! I wanted advice to those that have been there, done that! Thanks!

The city mini is much more compact than the BOB double, it also has a latch that keeps it folded. I'm not too sure about BOB strollers but the city mini fits through doors. Do you have a non-stop flight again?
We brought our Britain b-agile double (the slightly cheaper version of a city mini duo) my husband hated lugging it around the airport. So our trip in September 2016 were bringing our double umbrella stroller for the airport and renting the city mini duo for the parks.

The city mini is much more compact than the BOB double, it also has a latch that keeps it folded. I'm not too sure about BOB strollers but the city mini fits through doors. Do you have a non-stop flight again?
We brought our Britain b-agile double (the slightly cheaper version of a city mini duo) my husband hated lugging it around the airport. So our trip in September 2016 were bringing our double umbrella stroller for the airport and renting the city mini duo for the parks.

Thanks so much for the info about the city mini. We have a nonstop going there, but not on the way back. They're actually pretty good in airports. We stopped using a stroller for airports after the disney trip. It became such a hassle! I feel better about the city mini. I keep meaning to go by a buy buy baby to compare, but I keep forgetting to do so. Before I know it, it'll be time to rent the stroller!

A friend of mine got rid of the BOB to switch to the Mini and loves how much better it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter