another stroller question- 3 kids!

renae3

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. Here is my dilemna, I have 3 kids ages 8 months, 3 and 6. What are my stroller options. My 6 year old definitely won't want to walk all the time, so I know a stoller will be needed for him too! Just wondering how anyone would handle the situation. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated! I love these boards! Thanks so much!

We took our Sit n Stand Stroller with us, and that was a great option. Our then, 16 month old and 3 yr old rode in it all the time. There was enough room for my then 5 yr old to jump on and stand while the 3 yr old sat on the bench. We actually pushed around 3 kids most of the time we werer there. I have to say it was nice to have them contained if we were "heading" somewhere. We have the Baby Trend stroller, which is bigger than the joovy sit n stand. I looked long and hard at the sit n stands and figured we needed the biggest one I could find. We gate checked it at the airport also.

Good luck!

Since we're 2 adults, we're taking 2 strollers -- a double jogger for the twins (26mo when we go) and a single stroller for ds (nearly 4 when we go). DS RARELY sits in the stroller now, but he's already been told that there will be times he won't have a choice while we're at WDW so he shouldn't complain. And we KNOW he's going to want to nap after lunch (currently naps about 30% of the time).

The nice thing is that we can mix and match who sits where since the kids aren't TOO far apart in size (about 12lbs between heaviest and lightest) so if we have issues with the twins sharing a stroller (happens periodically) we should still be fine.....

Good luck!

We took our Sit n Stand Stroller with us, and that was a great option. Our then, 16 month old and 3 yr old rode in it all the time. There was enough room for my then 5 yr old to jump on and stand while the 3 yr old sat on the bench. We actually pushed around 3 kids most of the time we werer there. I have to say it was nice to have them contained if we were "heading" somewhere. We have the Baby Trend stroller, which is bigger than the joovy sit n stand. I looked long and hard at the sit n stands and figured we needed the biggest one I could find. We gate checked it at the airport also.
This is exactly what we did. I bought the Sit and Stand specifically for our trip when my DDs were 6, 5 and 2. My DD6 walked most of the time, but it was great for her to hop on whenever she needed to. We almost always had her hop on whenever we had to go a long distance (like across the park) and this worked out great. We also have the Baby Trend.

Last year our then 6 year old walked 99% of the time and we had a double for our 2 and 4 year olds. This year we plan to bring single for the 3 year old, and rent a double, if needed for the 5 and 7 year olds. As much as I don't want to fork out that outragous amount of money to rent one, i do not want to be hauling a double stroller or two strollers on and off the buses. It's such a pain and this is the best option I see available to us. I just hope we don't regret it.

Another option for you is a backpack or a sling for the baby.It helps when your older child wants to use the stroller. My youngest spent a lot of time in the backpack until he was 1 year old.

We also have three (7 mos, 2 1/2 and 4). We brought one double and a lightweight single on our last trip. Both strollers were good for all three kids. Ours are a bit younger, and even less likely to walk all over. It was nice having the option of a stroller for everyone. If I needed to go to a baby center I would take the single and DH would stay out with the older kids and the double. I was quite a pain getting on an off the busses, so if you will be using the busses, and it is an option you can afford, you might want to consider renting at the parks as the PP suggested.

We also used an infant carrier and brought just the double and the carrier on occasion. We liked having a stroller for everyone better, as it was September and very hot for the baby and the person carrying him.

Good luck!

I agree with this. We took my sit n stand for our last trip, and it worked great for my then 17 month old and 6 year old. I'm thinking your 6 and 3 year old could probably squeeze in the back to sit together if they needed to, and either way they could always take turns and one could always stand while one sat. The baby trend sit-n-stand compacts pretty decent for a stroller (not counting umbrella ones.) It basically didn't seem much larger than our regular stroller I took for DS when he was 3. Don't get me wrong having any kind of stroller dealing with the buses isn't something I like doing, but for us it's a neccesity and was doable. Good luck!

We also deal with the same issue. We take a double umbrella (jeep all weather double stroller) and a single combi umbrella (has a basket under it). With 3 kids and dealing with the disney transportation system I would not take a sit and stand or a jogger. Now if you are driving than it is a different story a larger stroller is fine.

happy travels

Didn't read the other posts so others may have the same plan. We went last July with DS10mo, DD2 and DS5. (this year DS is 16mo, DD3 and DS6 so pretty much the same as your group). We use the single Graco for the baby. Lets him sleep when he wants and he's not bothered by the older kids. He also has the snack tray on front he can use. We have a double Baby Jogger City Series for the older two. Its wonderful! Each parent drives a stroller but when DS6 is on rides with DH, I can put the two youngest in the double and go whereever we want. DH grabs the single after the ride and meets us.

I should add, we have a rental that we drive to the parks. We don't do buses. I can't imagine that this would work with the buses.

Last year my son was 4 and we 'bribed' him with buying any power ranger he wanted if he walked the whole time. He did, but we only spend 6 hours at the parks - not all day.

This year I have a 10mo and a 3 yo along with the 5 yo (who I'll bribe again). haven't figured out yet what to do with the younger 2. Not thrilled with taking a sit and stand on and off buses. Two umbrellas seem much better to me. But I may require the 3 yo walk or let her ride while carrying the baby. Not sure yet.

I will have the same scenerio when we go this year. 6, 3 and 8 months.

We are renting a Baby Citi Double Mini Jogger from OrlandoStrollerRentals.com Cost me $90 for the week.

I am also going to have my hotsling and have a beco butterfly II to carry the baby around in.

We have a sit and stand but honestly, that is just not comfortable enough for a baby that size to sleep in, etc. So we are leaving it at home.

It will also save us from dealing with a stroller in the airport. It will be much easier to strap the baby on me and let the big boys walk.

We have a 8 mo , 3 and 6 year old. We are taking one single and one double stroller, they are both umbrella type folding ones that are easy to get around with. Pain yes, but better than a whiny kid who is tired of walking. :)

When we went last year, our kids were 5.5, 4, and almost 2. We brought 2 single strollers, thinking the older 2 would take turns. Um, no. They fought over who got to ride, and we ended up taking one of our single strollers each day & renting a double. This worked out well & is what we'll do again this year. Even at 6.5, I'm pretty sure our oldest will get tired at some point. Plus it's easier to keep up with all 3 kids if we get into a crowd.

I took all 3 of my boys by myself last year (hubby had a meeting) and I brought a double stroller and put my baby on my back in an Ergo carrier. The carrier was sooo helpful. The oldest was 6 and refused to ride in the stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter