Another Stroller Question. 3 kids 5 & under ?

Katd52

Mouseketeer
EEEK! I have no idea what to bring! We are bringing our 6 children in December, The youngest 3 are 5(just turned), 3, and 10 months. I originally figured we would just bring 2 single strollers for the youngest 2 and DS-5 would walk but now I'm rethinking it. Should I bring a double AND a single. Or stick w/ the 2 singles and rent another Disney single if he needs it? We have enough people to push strollers so thats not really a problem. Any advice?
Thanks

If I were you I'd probably bring the double and the single. Or just bring the double and rent a single if you need it. I always carry my babies in a sling at least part of the time so for me, I could bring the double, the 2 oldest could ride and I could carry the baby. The baby and 5 year old could switch out in the stroller.

EEEK! I have no idea what to bring! We are bringing our 6 children in December, The youngest 3 are 5(just turned), 3, and 10 months. I originally figured we would just bring 2 single strollers for the youngest 2 and DS-5 would walk but now I'm rethinking it. Should I bring a double AND a single. Or stick w/ the 2 singles and rent another Disney single if he needs it? We have enough people to push strollers so thats not really a problem. Any advice?
Thanks

When we went we had a 7,5,3 and 18 months. We bought a sit-n-stand stroller (the one Target Sells, not a joovy) and it worked well for the younger 3. We often had all three in the stroller as we cruised from one place to another. My 5 year old is no wimp, but she needed the stroller. We had long days in the park, it was a necessity. We had plenty of room for the baby up front, one kid sitting, one kid standing. You could sell it on Ebay or Craiglist when you get home.:confused3

If you don't want to buy a new stroller, I would definately bring your double and single. I think my kiddos enjoyed riding when they could so they could look around better. (didn't have to watch where they were walking) The fewer strollers you have to keep track of the better.

Good Luck!
Barbara

I would just take the double, I don't see the chances of all 3 wanting to ride at the same time being very high. We just got back last month and mine were 4, almost 3, and 10 mos. My 4yo didn't use the stroller at all at WDW, but did at Epcot to take a nap (the end of our trip though so he was tired by then!), but then we just let Evan walk or I carried Ilana and Evan rode in the stroller.

I take that back, AJ did use the stroller at 10pm at WDW, but Ilana had already gone back to the resort w/ my mom.

I'd take a double and a single..... WDW is a lot of walking for little ones (even big ones!) and I think you'd be glad you had both....

we went last may, and my dd was 7 1/2 and ds was almost 6, and they both were in the strollers constantly. it's a LOT of walking. I used to have a great double umbrella stroller that cost $50, and folded up in a snap. It also depends on where you're staying. If staying at a monorail resort, the big strollers aren't a problem. With the busses, they're a little more of a hassle. If you can fold them up and some carry the stroller, someone carry the baby and the 3yo walks on the bus, it would be much easier. then i'd rent a single for your ds. OR you bring a single umbrella for the baby, and plan on renting a double for the 3yo and 5yo. I like the strollers when the kids are little, especially if you have a few kids to keep track of. It keeps them safer.

have fun!

We just got back last week with our 3 little ones (almost 4, 2 1/2, and 1). We took our joovy caboose (like the sit and stand) - the baby rode in the front, and the other two took turns on the back (sometimes rode it together) - but mostly they both just walked! It was nice to have the extra seat if they needed it, but I was very surprised they didn't use it that much!

When we went in April our DD's were almost 4 and almost 2 and we took our double stroller and were very glad that we did. It was a pain getting on and off the bus/monorail/boat with it but definitely worth having. Our girls love to walk and walked some of the time but if you are going for more than a weekend I would take the double and the single. Our girls started out strong but by the end of the trip (eight days) they were worn out. They are good sleepers but they don't sleep as well, nap as well, etc. Having the double stroller made it much more fun for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter